My Heart's on Fire for Elvira

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're going to see the Eagles tonight! YAY! I'm super excited! My mom is coming to watch AJ while we're gone.

I'll try to take pictures, but I'm not promising anything, my phone sucks and I don't think we're allowed to take cameras in. LOL

Funny story- yesterday I dumped out the embers from the wood stove. It gets like half full and you can't burn wood in there anymore. So when the hub got home, he dumped the rest of the embers out of the stove. He dumped the whole bucket of hot embers out into the fire pit in the yard, but he also put an old lipo battery in the pit. I go to leave last night to get some chicken livers and I look out and theres a big fire in the yard! I was like DID YOU START A FIRE? He was like Oh sh*t no! The battery must have exploded under the wood stove embers! I started laughing and I was like, you're insane! So he burned the stuff in the pit and put it out. I can't believe he didn't see it though and I can't believe that he put a battery in the fire pit! He would have burned our woods down. He's stupid sometimes, but it was pretty funny.
And the chicken livers were delicious. LOL

Happy Friday! Eagles here we come!

When we went camping, I put Ellie in an enclosure in my kitchen for her. I left the enclosure up, and Ellie has been fine in it. Then today, I'm sitting on the couch, curling my hair and I hear this scurry that sounded sort of strange. I get up to see what it was. It was Ellie. She escaped the enclosure! There was no baby gate between the kitchen and living room! LOL She was running next to a tote I have in the kitchen, she was like WTH I'M FREE! hahaha. She skidded to a stop at my feet. So I put the gate back up and now she's running around the kitchen again. I don't know if I want to put the enclosure back up or not.
But it was funny to see her free and not know what to do!

That is one clever little lassie, I bet she was as surprised to see you as you were to see her. She´s obviously decided that now you´re back, it´s all back to normal so why am I in here :time:

I love the Eagles, I´d be singing along to every song.

Your hubby is just so funny. Nearly burns the whole place down but he´s so laid back about it. I suppose all´s well that ends well and if the food was yummy then even better. I do like chicken livers, now I´m hungry lol.

Oh my god the Eagles were AMAZING! Like I don't have words to describe it! It was like putting in a CD and listening to them in your house. They were beyond perfect!
I didn't take a single picture, because I didn't want my phone to distract me from the greatness!

Don Henley can still rock it out and sing like a badass. And Joe Walsh was slaying the guitar, it was insane! For 60-something year old men, they rocked it out. I've seen a lot of shows, different genres of music, but the Eagles were by far the best show I've ever seen.

I guess when you sing the same songs for 40 years, you know them well! But seriously, it was like putting on any recording of them and just listening to it. But I think most of all, it was the guys on stage. It was like they were just jamming out together, nevermind the sold out arena, they were just having a good time, enjoying what they do. It was great!
They said it was the 42nd consecutive sold out show on their tour. I was amazed by the number of people.
The only time I've seen more people is when we went to Savannah, GA a few years ago for St Patrick's day and there were 1 million people on River Street with us. That was horrible though! LOL

Anyway, to finish off my rambling. It was fantastic, single best birthday present my dad has ever gotten me and I'm just so thankful to have been able to experience that at least once in my life. I got to hear Hotel California sung live, I'm complete!

Happy Saturday!

That sounds like it was absolutely perfect. It´s not always as good as you think it might be when you hear groups or singers perform live, I´ve been or heard concerts where you wished you´d remember them as you listen to them in your living room But finding a group who sound better live than recorded is a real pleasure. Í am so glad it was even better than you though it would be. They are a great band and to still sell out is quite an achievement. I think that now whenever I hear an Eagle´s song I will be always think of you at your concert.

I am so glad it was better that I thought too, Chris. Like, better than I ever could have imagined.

Did I tell you guys that I got called for jury duty? I did. haha. So I had to have something notarized saying that I'm a stay at home mom and I have no other means of child care. Part of me wishes to go to jury duty, in case its something cool, but then I have no one to watch AJ!

I have to start getting my Christmas stuff together. I have my list, but I need to order somethings and then really refine what I'm making for people. I'm doing a lot of food stuffs this year, since it will be cheaper than buying things. Plus, people like food. LOL
I have a few ideas of what I'm sending to Kaley too! Her and the joes are going to get a good care package from me!

Somehow I have a ton of laundry to do! So I'm going to hop on that.
Happy Sunday! Or laundry day for me. LOL

I'd love to do jury duty at a really juicy trial but they don´t have many trials by jury over here so no chance of that. Shame that you can´t be there but AJ is more important.

I have actually bought a few Christmas presents already which is a first for me, I always do everything at the last minute. But, I agree with you Morgan and will probably do quite a bit of baking and share among all my friends. Probably do some jams as well and who knows what else. I´m watching loads of cookery programmes now that I can get UK TV and I just love them, so many ideas to put into practice.

Autumn has finally arrived, I´ve actually put the heater on tonight as the temperature has dropped. I am actually quite glad to say goodbye to the summer, it´s nice to get wrapped up again.

Wow, its been so long since I've updated! Not much to talk about I guess! LOL

So, Thanksgiving was really good. We went to my in-laws. My hubs grandparents came down for the week. It was exhausting. hahaha. If you guys didn't know, I'm not much of a people person, so being around people a lot is stressful for me. I love his grandparents don't get me wrong, but they're old and they're repetitive and to me, its exhausting. ha! So we're all thankful that the week is over.
After the afternoon dinner at my in-laws, we went to my moms house. She cooked a little bit of food, not too much. And it was nice to be able to relax.

Another thing that bothered me this most of the whole week, was that people seem to forget that I have my own house. That we live in our own home, with our own animals, lots of things depend on me for life, not just the child! So my dad went out of town for the week, he lent us his Jeep and asked me to water the cats. Then got mad at me because I didn't spend time at the house, just hanging out there. ? What? LOL I was like I HAVE A HOUSE! Then my hubs grandparents, they would make little comments, when I would get there in the evening, rather than spending the whole day there, like "oh here you are! Finally! We've been so busy today without you!" I'm like, I HAVE MY OWN HOUSE! So my MIL had to explain to her mother that I have my own things to take care of it, and I didn't have to spend every waking moment at the house with them. I spent Monday and Tuesday over there, like 15 hours each. Thats A LOT of time. And my animals were like, where have you been? HAHA. They don't know what to do when I'm not here.
Then my friend was like, "hey why don't you come over today, I have the day off." I'm like, "no. I have to go to the grocery store, cook things, clean my house, love my animals, I don't have time for your gross house!" No one seems to understand that there are only so many hours in the day, I can't. LOL

Hahhahaha. And then I realized that I'm surrounded by men that "don't". Don't do dishes, don't do wash, don't make their own food, don't make their own drinks, don't have to get off the couch. LOL My hub, his dad and grandpa are all men who don't. They just sit on the couch and wait for the dinner bell to be rung, wait for the drinks to be poured for them. So the whole week, we all waited hand and foot on these men, grumbled to ourselves about it in the kitchen, and laughed at them. My hubs grandpa, got unsweetened tea and rather than getting up to get a sweetener from the kitchen, he just suffered through the unsweetened. LOL We were like, its your own fault! You could have asked or god forbid, gotten it yourself. LOL Men who don't. I need to write a book about it. "Marrying a Men Who 'Don't': A Guide for Women Who Do" LOL I bet people would read it.

Anyway, I know it sounds like I'm complaining, but we've been laughing at it all week. My hub knows how much I dislike people and he says I've been a trooper. Haha. I know I have!
I decorated for Christmas last night, took all of 5 minutes. I hope to make a big wreath for my front window. I think that would look really good.

Okay, and now to Ellie. She's such a brat. She chewed on my hubs shoes, he's pissed. She chewed on my vacuum cord, I'm pissed. I hope she didn't kill my vacuum, because I may kill her. LOL

Gotta go shopping now!

Morgan...sounds like you had a very busy week. I'm like you, with most people I can't relax so it is stressful and I'm so happy when I get home or they leave and then I can relax.

Hubby's one buddy has this really annoying girlfriend. Since I met her during the summer she has not said one positive thing about hubby's buddy. I wonder why she is dating him. Then she smokes but is trying to hide it from him. And she is one of those people that needs to be the center of attention and makes up stories and ailments. I don't know how much longer I can take being around her. I'm always stuck with her cause of course the guys get lost in their own little world when they get together.

My ex was a man who didn't do, so glad that hubby isn't one. I don't think I could do that again. It wouldn't be so bad if your man at least has some appreciation for what you do.

So many people just do not seem to realize other people have lives.

Maybe we could send Ellie, Laverne and Shirley off to a bad bunny boot camp. Ha!

Ellie needs bunny boot camp! She's been pretty good, but if you leave anything in here that is new, she's going to eat it!
She just emerged from her box. LOL

Denise, I've known people like that. I have my normal complaints, but, so does everyone else! I would just try to ignore her as best as possible, or tell her to shut the heck up! Is she younger than you are? Maybe you should put her in her place! And give a lesson on what life is really like, thats what I would do.

So the cats are so weird, they only drink out of Ellie's water dish. I had a water bowl down for them, then Ellie's was near it, then the dog has the big bowl. But they wouldn't touch the new bowl of water, only drinking Ellie's or in a pinch, the dogs. Its so strange! So I took the new bowl away and they're just fine with Ellie's. I wonder if there was something wrong with that bowl? They're crazy.

I decorated for Christmas! I got my little 4 foot tree up, AJ helped decorate it. I put the stuff on the mantle and hung up AJ's stocking. Thats it. All I do. LOL I am going to make a wreath for the front window this week, so that will look good. I almost bought this super obnoxious wreath for the front door from the dollar store today, but I decided not to because the man wouldn't like it. LOL It was LOUD!

So far today I've made almost 8 dozen cookies. I say almost, because some are still baking. I made a pumpkin bread and I think I'll throw together a cranberry bread too. The pumpkin bread is for someone, so are half the cookies, and one of the loaves of cranberry bread. ;)
I made my hub some cookies earlier today, made dinner, then started the second batch of cookies. I realized half way through making the dough, that I hadn't opened the cook book to look at the recipe. LOL SO I think I may have memorized the choco chip cookie recipe. Thats not always bad. haha.

Now to finish the cookies, clean up the kitchen and lay on the couch. Its been a loooong day!

haha! I have one cat that refuses to drink out of anything other than his little cat water fountain. He use to drink out of the community bowl but once I got that it all went down hill. If I'm cleaning it or it's not running for some reason he just stares at it with this look of utter disgust. He will bother you relentlessly until someone comes and fixes it or I'm done cleaning it. He also gets uber pissed if one of the dogs drinks out of it. I quit trying to figure them out a long time ago.

I keep thinking I would love to be a stay at home mom and cook and clean and be crafty. I'm pretty sure I would kill the kid, the animals, the hubby and have the house burnt down in two weeks time. I dont know how you do it. It's not an easy job. I'm kind of jealous.

Well that girl has issues and I don't think after dealing with the crazy people I have dealt with up till now and one I'm still forced to deal with that I have the patience for another. Ha!

You sure did get a lot of baking done!

One thing I like using for decorating because it's quick is those window cling decorations they sell for every holiday. They are also inexpensive.

Well, AJ just got banned from the Christmas tree and the living room. LOL BANNNED! I was in the kitchen, trying to make coffee and do something and heard him hitting ornaments together. I told him to put the ornaments back on the tree, he cried at me and then threw the ornaments down onto the floor. He broke one, so I put him in time out and then told him to stay in his room! I'm SO mad. **** these terrible twos! It was one of my Shiny Brite vintage ornaments too. :(

So I put my tree in the front room. I just can't have anything nice! LOL
But now, with him in his room, so I can clean my living room and it will STAY clean!

Kaley, I think you could definitely be a stay at home mom, you could do it. If I can do it, you can. I am the least patient person in the whole world. Sometimes I want to burn my own house down. My hub spent 4 days home and good lord, I'm so glad this a regular non-holiday week. No more family, no more hub here during the day, only me and the kid.

Ugh, my friend wants me to come over. I don't understand why she can't come here?! In order to go over there, I have to pack the kid up, drive over there, and worry about being in her gross, not child proofed house. Why can't she just come here, where all my kids stuff is, where its clean and child proof. People don't make any sense to me. LOL

Now, off to do daily things. Happy Monday!

I just had a semi-ridiculous morning with the rabbit. haha. I walk into the kitchen to notice that everything is just slightly...askew. Her litter box is pulled out from the cabinet, her hay box is also pulled out. The piece of marble that blocks her from getting behind the washing machine is pulled away and then upon closer inspection the pieces of cardboard that block the cord of the stove, that are behind the trashcan, are moved as well, but they were neatly leaned against the stove. Then there was the sock. A AJ sized black sock in the middle of the kitchen floor. I was like WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING?! My hub was like, the rabbit? (he was upstairs getting dressed) and I was like NO, WE GOT ROBBED BY A WEIRDO WHO MOVES STUFF AROUND IN A STRANGE WAY AND GETS SOCKS FROM BEHIND THE WASHER! haha.
So this sock that she got, my hub dropped it next to the washing machine earlier this week and told me he would get it. I sort of forgot about it so I didn't care. But apparently, Ellie remembered and grabbed it for him. LOL He said, she's the new sock search and rescue rabbit! hahaha.
I've been having issues with her and socks lately though. Since I have to take the clean clothes through the kitchen to get them to the rest of the house, sometimes I drop small AJ sized socks on the floor. She pounces on them and runs away with them! So I have to chase her down and get the socks back. LOL Its funny and adorable, but I do worry she might put holes in the socks.

Ugh, long day today. My dads surprise party is today. I still need to make potato salad. And my hub wants to run all these errands that I don't have time for. So he'll be on his own! LOL

Happy Sunday from me and The Sock Search and Rescue Rabbit!

My dad's rabbit has a total sock fetish. She steals them and hides them behind the couch.
Also, When we bring up the clean laundry, we dump it on the living room floor to fold, and Qtip plays in the warm socks. If she sees you carrying the basket, she comes running, waiting for her warm socks.

Bunnies. :p

What about getting Ellie her own AJ socks? Does Ellie have a favorite color, if so get the socks in her color for her socks. Perhaps get some AJ size socks & embroider Ellie's initials or name on the socks then let AJ wear them around the house for a day to get his scent on them. You can then use them as Ellie's play socks for bunny sock hide & go seek! lol Anyway just a thought! Hope you have a great Sunday & your dad a terrific surprise birthday party!

Last edited:
Chances are, I have some old socks that don't fit AJ anymore, so she can have one of those. LOL
I got Ellie to jump through a hoop the other night! It was so funny! I cut out a circle for a cake base, so I had this piece of cardboard with a big circle cut out of it, I held a papaya bite on one side and she hopped through it several times! Then she started to get mad that I was making her work for food and bit the cardboard! LOL But I kept it, because I want her to jump through it again, its hilarious!

The surprise party went SO great! My step mom and brothers had to take him to get something to eat, it was the only way he would leave the house. BECAUSE he was super hung over! That idiot spent the whole night at my uncles house playing ping-pong and drinking! So he got home at 6am and slept until like 1:30 when I was due to be there at 3! If he had stayed in bed, we were going to decorate the house around him and then surprise him then, but thankfully he left! LOL It went really well, he was super surprised. I'll have to upload the video my hub took, it was funny to see the surprised look on his face. He just stopped in his tracks! He was SO hung over! LOL BUT we found out that he had never had a birthday party before. Even when he and my mom were together, he never had one. He had a really terrible childhood so it makes sense then, but I've been through a mom and now on my second step mom and I don't know how we never had a real party for him? Anyway, its just good that we could surprise him on such a big birthday! The big 5-0! hahah.

Some other big news! My FIL found this deal on sweaters, so my MIL and I went to check it out. Turns out, they were sweaters from Penny's and we each got like 4 sweaters for $7.99! Let me bold that for you LIZ CLAIBORNE SWEATERS FOR $7.99 EACH! So thats a great deal! We also go my hub some shirts for super cheap and my SIL a nice sweater, and my MIL got some nice shirts for work. But you can not even beat those prices for sweaters. Sometimes I thank god for little gross discount stores!

Alright, my house is crazy looking from the weekend!
Happy Monday to everyone!

Posting late but I got a big box in the mail two days ago! Never open something good in the Aid Station cause medics be like "whaaaaaaat?" and start climbing out of the walls. My one medic was like pumpkin bread? I LOVE pumpkin bread! Have you ever had pumpkin bread? No but I'm sure I love it! As he takes the largest slice and inhales it in about three bites. Loved the little AJ handprints. Very clever.
We had just gotten a little desk christmas tree that needed some ornaments too so that worked out quite well.
Your cards always make me laugh and I can't wait to come visit! Thank you for everything!

Wow, Morgan! $7.99 Liz Claiborne sweaters! Prices are so outrageously crazy I love to come upon a great buy & be able to get it! Glad you were able to get some great buys!

Glad the surprise birthday party went well! It is hard to surprise my family. lol But I do love to surprise family & friends with nice little gifts with or without an occasion.

Congratulations on getting Ellie to jump through your hoop! lol Love it! Need to get back to my bunnies training. Wish I had the room to set up an indoor obstacle/agility course for my buns.

Back