My Heart's on Fire for Elvira

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know, I really should get him to film it when I go out with the roosters.

I did manage to get Big Boy into the big coop last night. He's been sleeping on the front gate by the front door, so last night when we got home from the grocery store, he wasn't fully asleep and tried to get angry with me. Its because I booped him on the tail. LOL So my hub told me to get him and put him in the coop, so I got the gloves and was walking around the car. I rolled my ankle on a walnut and just crumbled. I hit the ground in a heap and laid there and laughed for like 5 minutes. We were both crying. So I got up and snuck over to Big Boy, I was trying to stay out of his beak reach. I grabbed his legs really quick, as I was putting him under my arm like a football, he tried to beck my hub! Then as I was going to walk in the gate to the barnyard, I got my hub to make sure there wasn't a spider over the gate, as he reached down to grab a stick, Big Boy tried to peck him again! I was like "step away, he's trying to peck you!" It was hilarious! Big is so mean! She's also REALLY angry about being in his coop. Hes been pacing the gate of the coop for the whole day. Its hilarious. But the rest of the flock are doing well without him, AND I've taken my backyard back!

I do have to do some coop work this weekend. Going to get some mulch and kill some weeds and do some stuff with the barnyard.

I made some patty melts tonight, it was delicious. My hub isn't home yet, so he hasn't eaten, but I did and I'm stuffed. I wish I had a beer.
I also made some peanut butter cheerio treats, they're pretty dang good!

Hub is almost home, gotta get his patty melt melted!

See what I mean?! I so want to see that. It is pretty funny reading it but I would really like to see it. I'm sure I'm not the only one here that could use a good laugh!

I really do think that would be so funny. I imagine you being chased by a very large rooster and it just makes me smile so much so make sure you get your hubby to film it. I can imagine you going out to deal with him in a suit of armour, only way to keep you safe lol.

Glad the wedding went better than you thought.

I did laugh at your MIL wishing you a happy birthday a month early. I remember a friend of mine sent me a birthday card wishing me a happy 50th when I was only 49...I did laugh.

So I had a moment the other night, where I realized, the great moment of being a parent was...reading Harry Potter to my child. LOL
I started reading AJ Harry Potter, since I have to read him to sleep at night now. I finished Charlotte's Web and cried the last 10 pages through it, because its still so sad to me. I decided that I was going to start something that I could just continue to read to him until he gets out of this phase. So Harry Potter seemed like a good book series to read. I'm thinking maybe I can get through it by the time he turns 3 in June, but my husband doesn't think I can. LOL I don't think so either with only reading an hour or so every night, thats a lot of time spent on 7 books and thousands upon thousands of pages.
BUT I love Harry Potter, a LOT. So I'm pretty happy about reading it.
And if I can start my child out early being a Potter-head then I will!

Also, I let my friend borrow my big tub thing that I use for a laundry basket. She needed it for drinks for her wedding and I haven't gotten it back yet. I put the clothes in front of the washing machine and didn't think much about it. I got another basket out and put it down. But while the stuff was in the floor, Ellie decided that she would ruin a towel of mine. She picked it and shredded a part of it! I can't believe her. Sometimes she makes me so mad, with her little bunny ways. Then I see her laying down with her little dewlap pillow and I can't be mad at her.

Nap time for me and the boy! Good day!

My son started reading Harry Potter when it first came out. I then read it because since I rarely get to go to the library and I can't afford to buy books as fast as I go through them, I will read anything I can get my hands on except for Romances. After reading one where the author likened a woman's breast to a sea urchin I decided no more I don't care if they are given to me, they are just too dumb.

I also read it so my son and I could discuss it.

I loved Charlotte's web as a kid and still do. I made sure to buy the girls a copy. I also buy them some of the classics when I come across them.

At least she didn't use the laundry as a litter box as well. Funny how hard it is to stay mad at them.

I've got a lot to catch up on everyone's blogs!
I haven't read Harry Potter but I do want to, I've heard its really good. Have you seen the movies? I haven't seen them but I've seen trailers and it looks good to me.

I read Charlotte's Web when I was a kid too and I always disliked the last pages because of Charlotte's death.

Yes, I own all the movies and all the books. We're Potter freaks in this house hold, we all love it. My MIL, SIL are the same way. I'm going to try to talk everyone into going to Harry Potter World next year!

So our little google chromebook is on its way to dying right now. The screen keeps glitching and acting crazy. So we went and picked up my SILs computer. Its a desk top and neither one of us have had on in a really long time. LOL So we had to go buy a desk yesterday! haha. Its so weird to have a desk top computer again, the new keyboard is a little wonky. So I'm having to get used to it. But other than that, the computer is awesome. My SIL built it herself and it runs like a freaking champ! I really love it.

BUT I don't know how to put pictures on it! Uh oh. I have to figure it out. But in the mean time, I can still put them on the laptop, on my google drive which will put them on this computer. So it should work out, but I should still figure out how to put it on here from the camera. LOL

Last night was the first night that I couldn't put a fan on to go to sleep. It was pretty chilly in the house. So I could hear everything that was going on in my house! Wow, my animals are LOUD! My Fat Cat was on the new desk, marking the computer with her chin and making the monitor rock. Haha. Then I could hear Ellie making all sorts of noise in the kitchen, nibbling on my molding on the floor. Being a brat! I had to go down and tell her to shut up! Then they all settled down and I was able to go to sleep. Its weird when everything is really quiet in the house.

On a completely unrelated note. I got a hockey jersey from Goodwill yesterday and it says "Pure Playaz" on it and I find it completely hilarious! I think its the funniest thing and my husband does NOT! He wouldn't let me go out in it today! I'm wearing it right now, and we're going to my dads and I'm wearing it there. My hub can suck it! LOL

Happy Sunday!

I found this picture on Pinterest and thought it was super cute!
2eoaa7q.jpg

I need to put AJ and myself down for a nap!

And now some pictures of Ellie and my old cat!
j62a35.jpg

The lines in this picture, where it looks to be blurred, thats actually Ellie's whiskers. She was trying to nose bonk my hand while I was taking a picture and I got her whisker reflection!
24dqxdc.jpg

And this is just Ellie in a box. I thought she looked funny.
29n6n8j.jpg

She is just too sweet, I love her peeking out of her cardboard box, what a cutie face. But how she´s grown and that dewlap...still love her :agree

She gets more adorable and more adorable. I love her whiskers in the pic of your old cat. I swear your old cat and momma (Funny Face) could be twins but momma has long hair.

I like the pinterest pic. Looks like a whole lot of bunnies begging for a nose rub. Thump does that at night when he's in his cage if I stop on my way to bed to give him a quick nose rub.

Ellie so so cute! And she looks so mature now. I love the picture of her peeking out of her box. Your cat is really pretty! I love her eyes!

I love that pinterest picture, those little bunny noses are so cute!

Ellie does look really mature. She has grown so much and changed so much in the time I've had her. Especially in the last few months, she has calmed down SO much. She barely does anything now, shes just a black and white blob in the floor for the whole day. She stays bunloafed all the time! LOL

I got up early this morning to drink some coffee before AJ got up. Too bad, I woke him up trying to cover him up. So he whined for like 20 minutes, but I told him no, he wasn't getting out of bed because it was MOMMY time! LOL Then I got him up after I had had some coffee! My plan for a nice morning was foiled! Haha.

I've also been watching Sister Wives, these people are nuts.

Happy Tuesday! Lots to do!

Have any of you ever seen a rabbit cleaning her dewlap? Its hilarious to watch! I was just picking up some stuff in the living room and I looked in on Ellie in the kitchen and she was looking sort of funny. Before I said anything to her, I just watched and noticed that her mouth was moving and she was cleaning her dewlap! Her ear was at an awkward angle, and basically, it looked like what a human would look like while trying to lick their elbow. Not quite right, but very funny!

Woke up with a headache, its a dull ache now and but it still hurts. My jaw is totally out of place and it cracks all the time. Doesn't help that I read to AJ for like an hour last night, 2 chapters of Harry Potter. My throat and jaw were killing me! We're halfway through with the first HP book though! I just LOVE these books, I look forward to reading it all day! LOL

Well, the washing machine just finished, hopefully the dog bed didn't fall apart and it doesn't smell super doggy still!

Happy Wednesday!

I know! It's so funny to watch them clean there. It's like they can't quite reach it with their tongue but are determined to try.

Sorry about the headache and jaw. I know the pain. I have tmj problems too and my jaw used to pop all the time.

So is AJ liking Harry Potter?

Yeah and its like their heads don't go back far enough to really reach. I guess it would be like us trying to lick our own necks. LOL That just made me really laugh, thinking about it!

I think AJ is really liking the Harry Potter! He knows which book it is and asks for "Potter" so I'm pretty happy about that!

My headache is gone now, thankfully, but my jaw is still popping. Its so bad and I don't even know why. I'm just trying to think about why it could be out of place or this bad, but I don't recall anything happenings. Its just doing the double crack every time I open it. Ugh. Oh well, it will pass and stop popping for a period of time! I'll stop whining now!

Ellie is in a grumpy mood. I wonder if she's about to make a nest? Shes shedding pretty bad right now, thats usually when she makes the nest, when she has extra fur. But her face has been pretty angry lately, and she's been a little lungy. LOL
Oh and she keeps nipping my ankles! It sounds funny, but shes trying to groom/nip my pants and she pushes them to my skin and nips my ankle! Or she bites my hubs socks and bites his toes too! Its funny. So we're constantly like "eee" when we're in the kitchen, because she's nipping toes and ankles! hahaha.

It is funny when they try to clean the dewlap. I have seen both Laverne and Shirley do it. Silly bunnies should just clean each others dewlap.

Sorry about your jaw. Mine hurts all of the time because I constantly clench my jaws and most of the time I don't even realize it.

You and your hubby both need to get a pair of slippers, the ones that look more like a boot. Then Ellie can groom but your feet and ankles will be safe.

I've never seen a bunny trying to lick her dewlap before but it sounds quite funny. :) I think now I want to go search it on youtube. I have to see what it looks like.

I'm sorry about your jaw. I've had jaw pain before and it isn't fun.

Hearing you talk about Harry Potter makes me want to read it even more. I've always wanted to read it but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I don't know how many people give their buns blankets, but I tell you its the funniest thing to see them adjusting them.
Ellie pushes her around with her front feet and pulls it with her mouth. Then pushes it with her feet again and then stretches out on it, making it stretch out!

This morning I was making coffee and she was going crazy! She was binkying around and popcorning and doing crazy things. Racing back and forth the length of the kitchen. Then I heard this really big thud and she was totally flopped out in the middle of the floor. She stopped going crazy to flop out, completely on her side, head down and everything. Then she popped back up like 2 feet in the air to greet the cat! It was crazy! She was so cute though!

I missed a good picture opportunity yesterday of her. She was a perfect ball with little ears poking up. It was pretty chilly in the house yesterday so all her fur was standing on end and she looked extra puffy. She was bunloafed in a really small ball and with her puffy fur, she looked like an actual ball. A perfect little furry circle. It was hilarious. But my stupid batteries are dead in my camera! They're on the list for tomorrow.

Did I tell you guys that my hub and I are going to see the Eagles on November 15? BECAUSE WE ARE! I think I did tell y'all. But I'm really excited and the day is getting closer and closer!
But the weekend before that, of November 8-10 we're going camping, for a disc golf tournament. Its going to be FREEZING. It got a lot colder, a lot faster than we anticipated. So I'm going to make sure we have all the extra warm things we need. I'll probably make a big rice heating pad to warm over the fire. And my cast iron skillet needs to be seasoned and I'm bringing the tea kettle. BUT thankfully we're staying right next to this really really cool general store that has all sorts of camping and hunting equipment and a grill thats open all day long! And probably all the groceries we'll need. Not that I'm going to be doing much fire cooking! LOL It should be a really good time though. Get back to basics with the rest of the hippies! Gotta love nature!

Happy Friday! YaY! Its almost the weekend.

Latest posts

Back