My Heart's on Fire for Elvira

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahaha Kaley, that just made me laugh so hard!
I'm glad you guys liked it. The box wasn't big enough was it? LOL

Yes, you can't beat that price of sweaters! I also got a really good deal on paper towels and toilet paper last weekend. Sometimes I really love those gross little discount stores. Sometimes they save you lots of money. But then sometimes they have weird bags of Dove soap that is 3 bars for a $1 and they aren't in boxes? I didn't understand that, but I also didn't buy them!

I've been in the worst mood for 2 days. Ugh, I think its the weather. I hate cold weather.
Happy Wednesday!

Ellie is making me insane. I'm ready to choke her out.
She kept me up half the night doing things, I don't even know what she was doing. I guess its like the cold perks her up or something. So she started chewing things she shouldn't have been chewing early in the evening and right before I went to bed. I had to come down several times to make her stop. Then there were other times in the night that I heard her doing whatever. AHHH! I was upstairs and she was in the kitchen and I could STILL hear her!
I was so irritated with her! I gave her some treats, but she didn't stop after the treats. I fed her, gave her fresh hay. That didn't stop her either. I hope it was just a one night thing, because if not, she's going to have to go back in the cage at night. I can't deal with her chewing things up! She has SO many boxes and different things that she CAN chew on, but she just wants to chew on my HOUSE!

Anyway, I sort of slept in today. Which I hate doing, because it throws the whole day off. But I think I had to because I didn't get enough sleep last night, worrying about what she was chewing up and I kept waking up! haha.

Happy Thursday! I hope I can get this fire going better, its COLD in this house!

Sorry you had a bad night. I wonder if Ellie and Shirley could be sisters. That is what Shirley has been up to for a few weeks or so now. Destruction. Mostly my carpet and it doesn't matter what else she has out to chew or play with. Heck I even basically covered their whole area with cardboard since I had the big box from our new water tank. She would just destroy a spot of cardboard and then go at the carpet through that.

Did you remember to save your dryer lint to help start your fires?

I use dryer lint all the time to start the fires, works really well. My hub even likes it, at first he was skeptical. This wood that we're burning is weird though, it barely leaves ashes or embers, so if the fire goes out you have to basically restart it. So you have to pay attention to it. LOL

Yes, Ellie is working my nerves. I'm trying to keep her awake today, so she'll sleep tonight, but who knows if that will even work! haha. Dang rabbits! I bet Shirley and Ellie are related! hahaha. They're from the family, Loves to Chew Things.

Yah, having a fire does take work and paying attention at least if you want it burning all day.

Ellie and Shirley must be in cahoots. Now I know it may not be just Shirley because Laverne can be a butt also but I', blaming Shirley because of the way she has been acting lately. Yep, she kept me up last night making a racket. Since they are locked up in their cage I did not get up but I saw what they or she was doing when I got up today which was very hard to do.

I rebuilt the shelf in their cage using different wood as we had just put in a temporary one at first because it was getting late. Well when I rebuilt the shelf I ran out of zip ties. The shelf is made up of four pieces of 1X2 and two pieces were no longer up. So at some point today I will be securing everything since I got more zip ties yesterday. Definitely need that bunny boot camp!

Ellie took my warning well last night. I told her before bed, that if she made a racket and I had to come down a ton of times to see what she was doing, then I was going to lock her in her cage...FOREVER! Hahaha. I only had to come down once, but that was because the dog was being bad and I could hear him doing something. When I checked on Ellie she was eating some paper. But it could have really been her making the noise and I blamed it on the dog! LOL

I can see my chickens right now, and the 3 that are free range, the hen, Demon and Big White, are in the wood shed dust bathing and sunning. They've dug HUGE holes for themselves to lay in. Its pretty funny. And now the two roosters are fighting, or playing? Its hard to tell, because they're not being overly aggressive. The dirt in the woodshed must be the bees knees because they love it over there, and it must be warm. AND the wood is filled with hibernating darkling beetles, so they enjoy catching fat, cold, slow moving beetles!

Happy Friday! My DH has his company Christmas party today, which means he SHOULD be getting his bonus! As long as the HR girl didn't drop the ball, like she did a few years ago! LOL He got a really great review, he's a shining star of an employee and a great leader! Which is great!

Ellie is wise!!! She's smart enough to push it and have a little fun, but stops before she's going to get into too much trouble. Or if she does do something, she makes sure the dog is around to take the blame :)

Have a great time at the Christmas party! Hopefully that bonus comes through.

I have missed a lot. I so laughed at sock stealing Ellie, I wonder if she will start to hide them somewhere and end up with a sock mountain. Pumpkin bread sounds lovely, I had to throw my pumpkin away last week as I put my finger through it and it seems a bit yukky so didn´t want to chance it and I was going to do so many things with it.

I tell you though, they do understand us better than we think. Everytime I tell Houdini and Snowy to stop chasing, boxing and generally having a go, they do race off in the other direction. Houdini is like the Duracell bunny at the moment, he never stops, he tires me out haha.

Hope the Christmas party was good and that the bonus came through. Nothing like a bit of extra cash for Christmas.

I love finding a bargain. The last two times I´ve been to the UK, I´ve come back with a suitcase full of stuff from the pound shop. It is so cheap compared to Spain, I think I went in every single one in Leeds, I must definitely hold the record for the biggest amount spent there lol.

The one thing about my husbands company that I don't like is, they don't invite spouses or family to their parties. Its an ONLY company Christmas party and Thanksgiving pot luck. I think its unfair, since there are only like 50 people working on this coast. I cook the stuff for the pot luck but I can't go to it! haha.
They go bowling for the Christmas party, exchange gifts. The company gets them all gifts every year, along with bonus'. Usually they're really nice gifts! We usually enjoy them.

I think Ellie did well last night, because yesterday I made it a point to disturb her every single time I went into the kitchen. hahah. I would touch her with some laundry or tap her with my toes to wake her up. I told her that she is going to stay away during the day and keep MY schedule. She got into a box in the corner and scooted so far into it that I could only see her dewlap and nose. LOL Then she would give me the eye as I was coming towards her to mess with her. HA! Now she's leery of me when I come into the kitchen. SO I guess its working, keeping her on her toes!

The only down with with Ellie's gotcha day, is so soon after it comes Foo's death day. Today is that day. I was a little upset last night, so I cried on Ellie. She was surprisingly comforting and understanding. She even gave me lots of kisses!
I just sort of can't believe its been one year! Wow, the time does fly.
I miss Foo a lot still. She was still the best rabbit anyone could ask for. I would put a picture up but I'm afraid if I see her and start crying, I'll never stop. Maybe next year I'll put a picture up.

I love you Foo! :hearts: :pink iris:

On a lighter note, Ellie is a really sweet bun. Last night, my hub went a laid in bed before I did, so I went and laid in the kitchen with Ellie. She gave me kisses all over! My pants, hands, feet, face. She was really really sweet.
She only likes to be petted for a few minutes at a time, she likes a cat, 3 pets till she bites! haha. She doesn't bite though, she just thumps and binkies away! LOL

Before I went to bed, I put too many logs on the fire. So I kept hearing this weird noise and it was the wood stove being too hot and having too much fire! LOL So I came down stairs and sat down here with my book for a while until the fire died down a little bit. I sat in the kitchen as its cooler, and it was 90 degrees in the living room!
I was reading Harry Potter and her comes Ellie, nibbling on my pages. I was sitting on a blanket on the floor and she was pulling at the blanket and trying to shred it. I put my finger on her tail to try to poke her off the blanket, but she didn't move. She cared nothing about me touching her! So I wound up having to put my whole hand under her to get her to stop pulling at the blanket! She's crazy! Then she came for kisses and a nibble on my book and all was forgiven.

I have to start making the things for my gift baskets for my mom and stepmom today. Looks like today is peppermint bark, plain sugar cookies and choco sugar cookies. Should be a nice long day! LOL I have something to bake for the rest of the week, but I split it up so I won't put it off until Friday and have to bake like 800 dozen cookies because we're spending Saturday with my dad and stepmom. LOL So everyday for the rest of the will, will be filled with choco covered pretzels, cookies, cakes. The good stuff, its going to be like a bakery here!

Happy Tuesday!

I'm glad you got some Ellie kisses when you were sad about Foo being gone. It sure can be hard to get over losing some of our pets. I know we love all of our pets, but there are always ones that we bond much more closely with. I feel the same way about my Dash. I still cry sometimes too, when I think about her, and it's been more than 18 months since I lost her. Do we really ever stop missing them?

No, I don't think we ever stop missing them. I had to have our Golden put down in 2011, and I still miss him a lot. He was the best dog. And there are some cats that I really really miss. I try to just let the memories pass quickly, but sometimes it still makes me really sad.

Thankfully, Ellie makes me feel better about things. Shes insane, but she really is a good rabbit.

I am sorry that you were feeling upset over Foo. I know how sad you can get when missing a loved pet.

It's nice that Ellie was being sweet to you when you needed it most. My critters all just act up when I'm in a state.

That's a lot of cookies. The girls and I made sugar cookies in our mini muffin pan. We love cookies baked that way. they seem to be softer and stay soft more than regular baked cookies. Although it is a little odd decorating those over regular sugar cookies. Since it will just be the five of us for Christmas that's all we made since we will have plenty of pie again. Cookies are more what we do outside of holidays.

So now every time I drop something on the floor, Ellie has to come check it out. I'm calling her Inspector Ellie now! LOL

Denise, we do cookies during Christmas. My MIL makes thousands of cookies every year around Christmas times. She has this one recipe that takes a solid 12 hours to bake all the dough. And you have to roll nuts up inside of them. Its insane. I've never made it, but I don't know if I want to! LOL
I have to make so many cookies, because my husband. I'm not even kidding, but he gets jealous when I make cookies for other people. And its because of Kaley. LOL I made her cookies and gave him a few of them, then told him that I was going to make him a batch but didn't(so sue me!) and he has been jealous anytime I make cookies after that incident. So now if I'm making HIM cookies, he's like "who are those for? KALEY?" I'm like NO they're for you! But if you don't watch it, I'll slap some random address on them and send them to someone else!
So, in making cookies for my mom and step mom, I have to make an extra batch for my husband because he is a child and doesn't get enough cookies.

So you guys know how my hen changes nest locations all around the house? Well, she was laying them in one spot but something got the eggs. I think the possum we have. So I started watching the roosters that are with her. They always give away where she lays them, because they act like guards over here while shes laying them. I noticed they were in the shed. So I walked out there and looked around. She picked the best spot, under my hubs work bench, in the dirt. LOL Its the cutest little nest, its safe from predators and its dry. There were 3 eggs in there. I left her one so she'll continue to lay there. I just need to fill an egg shell with something and put it in the nest so I can collect the real eggs and leave her the dud. LOL Its ridiculous that we play this game, but every day is like an easter egg hunt! Things could be worse I guess! LOL

Today is choco covered pretzel day!
Happy Wednesday!

I really suck sometimes! I left my camera in the car, with the pictures of AJ and Santa on it! hahaha. AHH I wanted to show you guys SO bad, because they are freaking hilarious! I'll have to post them tonight when hubs gets home. The Santa was at my moms barber shop, hes such a nice guy and I swear, you would think he really was Santa!
But my mom printed me off a picture, so I framed it as soon as we got home, because I'm going to use it embarrass AJ when he's older. When he has his first girlfriend, I'm going to be like "oh, have you seen this picture of when AJ was 2 and met Santa for the first time? Its a good one!"

I did the math yesterday and I've made like 300 cookies in the last few days. LOL Thats a lot of cookies! And today I have finish the choco pretzels and make some pumpkin bread loaves. I also made chili yesterday, and some apple bread the other day. So its been a serious week for my kitchen. Haha.

AJ is a serious mood today! What a brat! I still have some Christmas shopping to finish tomorrow, I really hate being so behind on it. But for my husband, some for AJ, and my step brother. It should be easy enough, but still I hate having to be out there with all the other people like me, who put things off. HAha. OH and I need to get a ham to cook! Since it will be just us on Christmas day! I worked it out that we'll have the whole Christmas day to spend by ourselves! Sometimes I'm a scheduling genius but I'm a bad shopper!

Now, off to bake the pumpkin loaves and make some chicken and dumplings for dinner! YAY! Then, I can clean my kitchen one last time for the weekend and its ALL smooth sailing!

Happy Friday!

So here are the pictures of AJ with Santa, and most likely a few of Elvira that I took the other night.

It started out like this, everything was fine...
2a94enp.jpg

And THEN, someone asked him to smile...he was not amused.
2quuiwl.jpg

But WE were really amused! We laughed so hard! I have a picture similar to this one framed now, I find it hilarious!

Now for some Ellie. LOL
2gsqtqe.jpg

30dbcxk.jpg

This is the hoop that I make her jump through, occasionally. This is what usually happens though.
15o75mb.jpg

Half way through.
2n04uwp.jpg

Trying to avoid me and the hoop. LOL
igarrs.jpg

Oh and I have to tell you guys the most ridiculous story, quite possibly, ever told.

I got food poisoning today. By eating a bit of 3 week old peanut butter cookie, out of the bottom of the cookie jar. I was cleaning out the jar and saw this bit of cookie, that was like the size of my thumbnail. I KNEW that the cookies were old, but I could not help but eat it. LOL Now, keep in mind that I don't have food issues or anything, I'm just...dumb. So I'm standing over the sink, chewing this rancid piece of cookie and I KNOW that its bad, it tastes bad, has this funky flavor. I say to myself, thats off. But do I spit it out? No. Do I rinse my mouth out? No. I just continue to eat and feel instantly, that I should not have done it. I was instantly sick on my stomach and feeling off. It was so bad that I had to stop what I was doing and take a nap. LOL What is wrong with me? Why would I do that?

I literally made 300 cookies this week, I have loads of cookies, FRESH cookies! Why would I eat the old bit of rancid peanut butter cookie?
Well, I'm paying for it now. I'm still sick on my stomach and feel like crap. LOL How dumb does one get?!

Morgan, I'm sorry that you got sick, but that's hilarious that you've been baking fresh cookies and you eat the disgusting old one. Actually, I wouldn't have thought twice about eating a 3 week old cookie. Though I probably wouldn't have kept eating it if it didn't taste right. Do cookies go bad? I've never noticed it being a problem. Of course I usually eat them ALL in the first couple days :)

I think I'm going to have to bake cookies tomorrow. All of your holiday baking is sounding sooo delicious to me. Of course the cookies that I make, I'm eating :p.

Poor little AJ. I don't know if I would feel all that happy sitting on a complete strangers lap either. I have to say though, that's a pretty good Santa, with a great beard!

Awww, Ellie's so cute! You'd never believe she could be such a trouble maker :) I love the pic of her nosing the green ball. Does she actually like to play with it? My rabbits don't seem to have any interest in balls, except the willow ones.

She will roll them around sometimes. But usually not too much interaction with the balls. LOL

AJ was fine with Santa, he just didn't want his picture taken! He's such a butthead sometimes! Santa's beard was a real beard too! He was so nice and just such a great Santa.

I think these cookie crumbs went bad because they weren't in an airtight container, they were peanut butter and homemade. I don't know, it had a real taste of bad. LOL Sometimes though, I just amaze myself with the things I do.

Latest posts

Back