Quantcast

My bunny hates me

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Taylor889

Reaction score
Hello , I’ve had my bunny since he was 6 months old he’s now about a year and a half and he absolutely hates me . He won’t let me hold him or pet him . He will take treats from my hand but anything more then that he hates .
He allows my mom to pet him and that’s it . If I walk to close to him he grunts at me . I’m not sure what I did to get on his bad side . How do I get him to warm up to me more . He is neutered as I thought it was just an aggression issue . However it’s 4 months later and still he doesn’t seem to far for me .
Any thing helps and I’d love to be able to just sit and relax with him. I don’t mind not being able to pet him as I get some bunnies don’t like to be pet . But he won’t willing come near me .

JBun

Jenny - Health & Wellness Mod
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If you are trying to pick him up and hold him, for a lot buns that's enough to want to completely avoid someone. Most rabbits do not like being held. And the process of actually picking up is particularly detested.
Read these links for tips on how to bond with your bun.

Taylor889

Reaction score
Thanks for the link ! The only time I pick him up is to move him to another area of the house or to brush him (he will only stand to be brushed if he’s in the bathroom ) other then that his cage is open as long as I’m home so all night long and anytime during the day when I’m not at work . I let him do his own think and let him have the run of the room . He just doesn’t care for me . He’s happy to go straight towards the cats for attention but will never actually approach me.