My bunny got injured

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon3581

Reaction score
So I was putting my bunny back into his enclosure and I tripped, this led to my bunny landing on his chin and now his upper lip is swollen I'm hoping that the teeth didn't go through the lip but what can I do to help him until I can find a vet and get him checked. I don't have a vet near me that sees bunnies

Make sure your bun is still eating and drinking semi normal amounts. You don't want this to also turn into dealing with GI stasis as well. If your bun has stopped eating or is having difficulty eating, you'll need to get your bun checked right away, as there may be damage to the jaw or incisors that's causing mouth pain and the lack of appetite. A rabbit shouldn't go more than 12-24 hours without eating an adequate amount of food, before it's considered an emergency situation.

If your bun is still eating and drinking pretty normally, and acting pretty normal, then it usually means there probably isn't a significant amount of pain, and it's likely not an emergency needing immediate vet care. Though if you do have any concerns or feel something is wrong, best to get your bun checked by a knowledgeable rabbit vet right away, especially if there's a split in the skin that might require stitches.

Veterinary emergencies

(Massachusetts Rabbit Vets)
https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Massachusetts

Make sure your bun is still eating and drinking semi normal amounts. You don't want this to also turn into dealing with GI stasis as well. If your bun has stopped eating or is having difficulty eating, you'll need to get your bun checked right away, as there may be damage to the jaw or incisors that's causing mouth pain and the lack of appetite. A rabbit shouldn't go more than 12-24 hours without eating an adequate amount of food, before it's considered an emergency situation.

If your bun is still eating and drinking pretty normally, and acting pretty normal, then it usually means there probably isn't a significant amount of pain, and it's likely not an emergency needing immediate vet care. Though if you do have any concerns or feel something is wrong, best to get your bun checked by a knowledgeable rabbit vet right away, especially if there's a split in the skin that might require stitches.

Veterinary emergencies

(Massachusetts Rabbit Vets)
https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Massachusetts
Thank you sooo much. I am going to bring him to be seen, hopefully I can find a vet near me that treats bunnies. I called the one in the community I live in but they do not treat bunnies. I offered him a treat and he refused usually he takes it right away I had to crush it up for him so he must be in pain and feel he can not eat

Latest posts

Back