My bunny bit me after I clipped his nails.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LiRa92 wrote:
Maybe I should go to the pet shop I saw the other day. They have grooming services. Here in Malaysia, there is no rabbit rescue. :(
Be careful that they know rabbits. I heard one story where a pet shop groomer thought it would be a good idea to clip all the hair off the bottom of a bunny's paws (as one may do with a dog). Obviously he didn't know that rabbits don't have pads on their paws.

Nancy McClelland wrote:
When we finished clipping Spike, my son sat him down and he ran around the back and bit him on the butt. Guess it was an editorial comment.
LOL

Nancy McClelland wrote:
When we finished clipping Spike, my son sat him down and he ran around the back and bit him on the butt. Guess it was an editorial comment.

:roflmao:Just like another bun, they bite on the butt, so totally logical!

I'm going to try the file for Gary. His nails are so long but if I cut even the tip the quick bleeds. I don't want to hut him but the nails are just too long and contribute to his sore hocks. :sigh:

Kai baby is a terrible nipper. Pretty much any time he's picked up he gets me. He leaves the welts that fill with blood and bruise terribly. He's gotten me so many times in the same places my co-workers are starting to think my husbands abusing me. They dont believe a giant baby rabbit is responsible. He usually only takes a minute to pout before he comes over wanting an ear rub.

I tried clipping Twig's nails over the weekend and he tried to bite me. So I had to call my mom for help. She's coming over in a couple of day, one of us has to hold him while the other cuts. It's funny because my daughter can grab his feet all she wants and if I even think about touching them he tries to nip and runs. I guess he hasn't forgiven me for getting his quick last time

Blue eyes wrote:
LiRa92 wrote:
Maybe I should go to the pet shop I saw the other day. They have grooming services. Here in Malaysia, there is no rabbit rescue. :(
Be careful that they know rabbits. I heard one story where a pet shop groomer thought it would be a good idea to clip all the hair off the bottom of a bunny's paws (as one may do with a dog). Obviously he didn't know that rabbits don't have pads on their paws.

Oh that's bad. Now I know that the hair at the bottom of their paws could not be clipped. And they do not have pads on their paws? Oh my... I feel terrible that I only know this now after a year having a bunny. Thanks for the info. Appreciate it so much!:bunny24

kmaben wrote:
Kai baby is a terrible nipper. Pretty much any time he's picked up he gets me. He leaves the welts that fill with blood and bruise terribly. He's gotten me so many times in the same places my co-workers are starting to think my husbands abusing me. They dont believe a giant baby rabbit is responsible. He usually only takes a minute to pout before he comes over wanting an ear rub.

Wow. I didn't know some buns would do that frequently. :shock:

Nancy McClelland wrote:

Oh my goodness! That's funny! I have never experience my butt being bitten by my bun. I guess that is just how buns defense theirselves :D

Apebull wrote:
I tried clipping Twig's nails over the weekend and he tried to bite me.  So I had to call my mom for help.  She's coming over in a couple of day, one of us has to hold him while the other cuts.  It's funny because my daughter can grab his feet all she wants and if I even think about touching them he tries to nip and runs.  I guess he hasn't forgiven me for getting his quick last time

My friend squats lightly on his bun to clip his bun's nails. He's not really a friend just someone I know. I hope his bunny is not hurting while he is doing that. :pinkbouce:

Latest posts

Back