My bunny bit me after I clipped his nails.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiRa92

Reaction score
Why did he do that? I only clipped the upper part of his nails and it didn't even touch the quick. I am so disappointed with my bunny biting me like that but I am sorry if I really did hurt him without realizing it. Is this my fault? Or is it because my bunny doesn't like his nails being clipped?

556503_430460960338926_1657976929_n.jpg

My last rabbit tried to bite me every time I gave her medication.

She never managed to bite me once.

Next time remember that your rabbit doesn't like his nails clipped. Be careful after a nail clipping.

Remember also that once in blue moon a rabbit may bite for no reason. They are animals. Once in while they may be unpredictable.

Don't be disappointed in your bun. They really aren't fans of getting their nails done. I was lucky enough to be able to clip mine once, but now he won't let me near him. Did you try the bunny burrito? I keep hearing things about it but have never tried it myself.

Good luck and don't let it get you down. He still loves you!

Thank you. Well, I think he's regretting it now. He looks at me as if he was sorry. Or is it just the way I think it is? I suddenly feel afraid of touching him again.

Oliver kicks me to death every time! I've never hit his quick but he sure hates his nails being clipped. I usually bleed from scratches.

I doubt he will just bite again, he wasn't a biter before was he? Maybe he was just upset! Don't be afraid.

He bit my uncle and my mom once or twice but i don't remember when was that. But none of the previous bites end up bleeding. But this time, which is the first time he ever bit me, is the only bite that bleeds. :cry1:

Maybe I should send both of my bunnies to the vet for nail clipping. Poe is a little too harsh sometimes. Monday is the one who humps on persons he likes. haha. I hope they'll behave when they've reached the vet. :bunnynurse:

Maybe I should send both of my bunnies to the vet for nail clipping. Poe is a little too harsh sometimes. Monday is the one who humps on persons he likes. haha. I hope they'll behave when they've reached the vet. :bunnynurse:

Aw, sorry you got bitten! Don't hold it against him though, and he's probably calmed down just fine by now. If you're weary, don't handle him for the rest of the day and try again tomorrow. Bringing him to the vet to have his nails clipped may be a good idea if you are afraid of being bitten.

I just bought a small animal nail file and will be trying that instead of clippers. that might work for you!

My rabbit did the same exact thing for the same exact reason. I think I hurt mine though and I cant really blame him for hurting me back LOL

cwolfec wrote:
I just bought a small animal nail file and will be trying that instead of clippers. that might work for you!

will it work? for such long nails? my bun wouldn't even cooperate with me when i'm trying to put him on my lap. maybe burrito wrap + nail file will do? :? :pray:

MyBabyHasPaws wrote:
My rabbit did the same exact thing for the same exact reason. I think I hurt mine though and I cant really blame him for hurting me back LOL

I'm not sure if I hurt my bun or not but the clipper didn't even touch his quick. maybe he hates it when his nails being clipped. or maybe I was just too harsh handling him. :sigh:

I've been letting the rabbit rescue clip my buns' nails. My Sapphire is too hard to handle (they could barely do it with 2 of them). So I figure why stress my relationship with my bun?

I haven't tried the vet because I was afraid they'd charge too much.

Latest posts

Back