My Bohemian Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
13748_031144_340000000.jpg

Brandy, she adores the bunnies.. she is so gentle with them. They loveeee her. My husband is their fav human though. The man who doesn't normally find animals as sweet and NECESSARY as I do ;) he just loves the bunnies. They are always bumping him, wanting to nuzzle him.. will do anything for his affection.
He almost looked guilty sitting there last night with Tahli in his arms as if he looked weak lol.. too cute.

So, I switched around the bunnies' living arrangements last night. bunbun was taken into my bedroom and tahli had free reign of the livingroom.. I wanted Tahli to have more interaction with us too so I thought it was a good idea.

Well.. two problems.. the cat ( manu) who was protecting herself from the advances of bunbun, found a way to get over the barricade and into the livingroom.. she is overweight :( oops...( still trying to work on that) and she NEVER jumps up or over anything at all.

So, of course I panicked. Now, it seems a nighttime enclosure will be necessary for Tahli which breaks my heart BUT problem number two... in our bedroom, he nibbled nothing.. nada, niente.. he was the bunny with THE best manners ever..except for the tugging of my hair in the middle of the night.. ok so not THE best manners but close ;)

I woke up this morning to my wicker basket under my console table, with holes in it LOL I turned it around so hubby wouldn't see it.. yet..hehe

He ( Tahli not my husband lol) had also gnawed on the wood. Now, I happen to think it's quite cute because to me, it's a piece of history. Yes, really.. like worn out slippers almost. My hubby won't find the same meaning in these things though ;)

So.. it appears I will have to make an enclosure to protect Tahli from the newly adventurous and driven Manu and to protect the furniture. Blahhh.. I don't want her cooped up.

So, I will make something beautiful, bohemian, colourful, for my bunny who apparently loves to eat anything except his own things that are meant to be chomped on. Any ideas on an enclosure? I don't want it to look like a cage but I suppose I have no choice.

Btw, BunBun seems much happier in my bedroom and I've never seen Tahli jump so high and run so fast as he did in the livingroom. so, we're getting there..

Tomorrow my blog will be about Bunbun.. I've just needed to chill out with Tahli and get to know him.. tonight was magical. it was like falling in love.. past the infatuation and onto something deeper.. I'm wondering after the grooming session if his name should actually be "Nibbles" or something. He licked my feet, yes there is another bad quality polaroid pic showing this but he did this for a long time... he also nibbled gently at my toes.

Why on earth he should want to do this, is beyond me but I'm still far from fluent in bunny lingo, so I will trust that this means he digs me ;)

anyway, a few pics of the bonding process getting deeper and deeper. I missed a perfect photo op.though.. Tahli and Cassie laying side by side.. what a good decision I made bringing this bunny into our lives.

He has these ways about him that just has that message of this little guy has something special about him.

:inlove:

now some pics of the night :

13748_060113_440000000.jpg

13748_060113_440000002.jpg

sleepy baby..

13748_060113_440000001.jpg

uh oh daddy won't be happy..

13748_060113_440000003.jpg

Mama is very happy :)

13748_060113_440000004.jpg

almost had the laying side by side shot but it took so long for the flash to stop blinking that I missed it grrrrr...

13748_060120_160000001.jpg

13748_060120_160000000.jpg

13748_060120_170000003.jpg

the poor banished kitty :(

13748_060120_170000004.jpg

I hate how this has to be..but it's for everyone's good. I'm still wondering about the *soft claws* thing for manu..She isn't a biter..so maybe this would work?

Can someone tell me the best camera for capturing the quick movements of bunnies? Something not too expensive but not crappy like the one I have now?

Tahli was standing on his back feet with his little nose up in the air..and once again, I missed it.

Tomorrow, definitely pics of my heartbunny..My BunBun needs that perfect face of his shown.

LOL Tahli is sure keeping you on your toes, haha your hubby sounds like my hubby!

The new pics are ADORABLE, I would have completly melted into a puddle when he was licking your feet....Snickers doesn't lick me, he just rubs his chin all over me, haha

I can't wait to see some new pics of BunBun :heartbeat:

Tahli is truly an energizer bunny.. and can he LEAP.. nothing is safe muhahahaha..I LOVE when he licks me..BunBun does the same thing your Snickers does.. the chin thing. SO cute!!

Today, I feel a bit disheartened about having to take BunBun back to the vet. he's doing well except for the loss of fur. It seems to be growing back but I still need to hear from a vet whether he needs more medication or that he is fine and the fur will grow back in time.

I'm also down in the dumps a bit because I have to create an enclosure for Tahli. I really don't like the idea but i know he needs it at night. He ate a hole in my couch. Lucky for me my hubby loves the bunnies. He said, " I bet you told him to do that because you want a new one, didn't you? ;)

So I have to figure out what type of enclosure..that's my next project. our place is quite small. I do have a walk in closet that is like a room and I could take the door off and put a baby gate with his litter box in the corner. I could decorate it and paint it so it could be his little room for the night to keep him and our things safe.

there would also be plenty of room for him to run around.
Has anyone done that? Made a room for a bunny instead of a cage like thing? anyway, I'm brainstorming. Any help or ideas would be great!

i think ur closet it more then enough room.and dont feel bad about closing him in..its for his own safety too...and all ur belongings..hehe..im not comfortable having free roam bunnies.they are troublemakers ...they look for trouble and they find it...:)
the only thing u gotta keep an eye on in ur closet is him getting bored and eating ur baseboards..he might not do it now ..but enclosed in a small area ..they tend to be drawn to them.and they are not easy to replace ...so id NIC cube around the inside of the closet ..cuz if he finds the baseboards once he will do whatever it takes to get to them again..obsessively.....yep troublemakers.

i have gates up everywhere in my house..i trip over those suckers on a daily basis and im pretty tall ..so it must be laziness..hehe..i bet ur kitty got cornered by ur bun ...most of the time kitties try to get away first ..then they fight ..unless u have an already moody cat to begin with....was the wound from a bite or from a scratch?? my cats have access to my buns anytime they feel brave enough...which is never...they are so traumatized by the buns they run for the hills ...every now and then one of the kitties wont be fast enough to escape and they get headbutted full speed ...hate to admit it but it makes me giggle....ive used the softclaws before on 1 of my cats that isnt declawed ..they are awesome..i didnt think theyd work very well..they stayed on for months..until the nail grew out ...i didnt buy anymore after that cuz they are so expensive.but they work better then any fake nails ive ever put on myself....u just gotta make sure u trim their nail first before u put the tip on ..cuz once there on...they dont come off easy...my black cat had red nails for months..looked pretty kewl..:)..dont stress about all ur critters not getting along..everything will find its place...i have dogs that dont get along with my other dogs..so they are seperated ..and those dogs dont like my cats or bunnies ..so they are also seperated..i have to rotate animals in and out and in their outside run..it can be a pain in the butt ..but everybody gets attention and love ..so thats whats important to me..i just end up with the kind of dogs that people tend to dump at the shelter...or worse.everybody tells me why do u have a dog that wants to kill all the other animals...well i got her when she was a itty bitty tiny pitbull baby..and she ended up being very animal aggressive...i tried everything but she still wants to kill ...shes not people aggressive or else id have to get rid of her..the two aggressions are very different.alot of people think that the two go together..nope.....geez im rambling sorry didnt mean to write a **** book ...:)
Erinblinkie.gif

Yup I agree, your closet will be plenty of space and now you got me thinking about converting my own closet, hahahaha

I think it's great for a bunny to have a place to call his own, I know Snickers LOVES his cage, I leave his door open when he's out and about and there's alot of times he will hop back in to check things out r to have a quick nap then hop back out.

You'll also get a better sleep ;) Definately take pics once you've completed it.

thank you so much guys.. I wrote an update on my bunbun. he is fine. The vet thinks he scratched open his own healing wounds. I hadn't actually seen the cat attack, I assumed it because Manu was over the gate and bunbun was bleeding and his ear was torn. He didn't have a fever or any other clues to being sick. The doctor gave him baytril again and cleaned his wound. Once it was cleaned, it wasn't down to the bone. It had looked that way though. He is completely oblivious to his ear now. He is acting like nothing ever happened.
That bunny absolutely astounds me. I am beyond relieved.

I'm so sorry it took so long for me to come back on but I've been watching his every move as well as being a childcare provider trying to take care of children while I worried about my bunny. You guys are the best. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have a place to panic and vent and panic I did.

I do now keep manu in my daughter's room while BunBun is out anyway even though it wasn't her this time. It was a wake up call though for how things can happen so quickly.

I'm so relieved too! In fact, I nearly did back flips tonight.
My BunBun did his little three scratches on the floor and the bunny flop! It's the first time in forever it seems, since he was so lively. He is really milking it though. He is always bumping me and laying at my feet and running circles, always wanting to be cuddled and I swear he wanted to play chase. Everytime I went to walk he charged me but not in an aggressive way at all. I would turn around and he would take off running.
LOL
I have put a boundary up that is like fort knox to keep manu completely away.
My other kitty is declawed ( she was when I got her) and I've always been against that myself but I'm seriously thinking about it with Manu.
I have to do something. Maybe I can just continue to separate them but it's still always a worry and BunBun was never caged because he didn't need to be.. now to see him in that cage, it breaks my heart but i nearly lost him so I'm telling myself I'm doing the right thing.
He is still out an average of 10 hours a day but for a bunny that has been cage free for 24-7, it's a big adjustment.
I'm rambling, huh? I'm giddy happy about the bunny flop and the few binkies he did. He's a weird little bun. Thank God he's not vain because he's a bit of a sight at the moment ;)

This is just the best news ever :pinkelepht: That's me doing my happy dance, LOL

Sooooo relieved.
I look after kids as well during the day ;) (I also stay with an elderly lady at night). Sounds like you live a busy life like myself, haha

ooh Brandy, so you know the chaos well too lol i spent yesterday trying to organize this place into something an adult would choose to spend time in lol

The bunnies enjoy the toys as much as the kids but really, it was a sight to behold.. uggh. and so I organized, cleaned, pondered, tried to make it all work and then tried again.

Seeing that BunBun has a fortress surrounding him now, I let him loose all night. Well, I woke up to poop everywhere.
So I vacuumed and vacuumed and tried to figure out how to make this house people friendly not only bunny friendly.

My hubby is getting annoyed by the gates, the well placed protective devices, I am putting up everywhere to keep the kitty away.

So he's a BIT cranky ( that's an understatement) He said to me, " you and your animals!!!" and this time without a smile on his face...uggh..I'm still trying to figure out what to do to make them all a little bit happier.

Today is the day I make Tahli his room. I am excited. I have about three hours to myself. It will take me that long to clear out that closet and try to find spaces for all the shoes, boxes, etc.

I think I will have to resign myself to having the bunnies have *playtime* for periods of time instead of being allowed free reign.

Last night, I was watching all the recorded paranormal states with my oldest daughter. She is nineteen and she got so frustrated. She said, " MOM, can you take your eyes off BunBun for long enough to watch this with me" uh oh, you know it's bad when your bunny gets in the way of quality kid time.

I was just so happy to see him so happy. He is in his cage right now and it's Tahli's turn to play. Hopefully when hubby gets home, the room for Tahli will be ready and the house will be in order. That should put him in a better frame of mind. :p

I think he was still miffed because Tahli chewed the buttons off the beloved remote used solely for the purpose of watching sports ( the bane of my existence) If I could have, I would have high fived Tahli lol. He did well muhahahah..

Your house and my house sound so much alike it's scary!!!

Craig is always complaining about me and my animals, he claims I spend more time with them then I do him and they all eat better than us!!

And sports is his life and I HATE sports!!!
I was doing the same thing yesterday, I had destroyed my closet to make a new bunny place, I just have to grab a few more things before I can make it work.

5 nights a week I stay with a 93 yr old lady (I am off Mon and Wed nights) I get home a little after 7 just in time to get my boys onto the school bus, then Mon-Thur I babysit a 1 and 3 yr old then on Tuesday I also babysit a 2 yr old.

On top of my kids (I have 3 boys, ages 9, 8 and 5), hubby, my own pets sometimes I think I am running a nuthouse (or I guess I'm the nu?!?!)

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one out there, LOL

Latest posts

Back