My Bohemian Bunnies part 2..2011

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been awhile since I updated so thought I would pop on. I have a few new pics too.. one of my babyboy who is not such a baby anymore and one of my heart bunny BunBun who is what I call a miracle bunny.

Despite his bleak diagnosis, you'd swear there was nothing wrong with him. Tonight is Sunday, Bunny cleaning and grooming night. Phin HATES it.. BunBun LOVES it.. so cages cleaned, nails trimmed ( yes I learned to do it myself GULP) I gave BunBun a butt bath and he loves it.

He gets all happy excited after he is groomed. Binky central.

He has a runny eye that I have to take him in for and one of the lumps on his neck which is abscessed from a scratch supposedly because his teeth are fine.. but he is still one handsome boy.

He's been through so much but he is the energizer bunny, he keeps on going and going and going.

Anyway, here are some pictures :)

13748_201935_070000000.jpg

13748_201935_070000001.jpg

13748_201935_070000002.jpg

well I'm so proud of myself. I had gone on kijiji and had noticed all sorts of ads stating " bunnies ready for easter". so it made me furious and I put in my own ad. I went on about the care of a bunny both physical AND emotional. I stated what they needed and that they were not great *gifts* for kids and that there were ads on there for rabbits who were 1 year old and older who were being rehomed due to children "losing interest". WOW was I furious.

Surprisingly, I got emails telling me off but I also got one from some guy who has 4 rabbits and he told me I rocked ;). That made me feel great! :)

Today was a really great day. My sister came down from a province away and she chilled with my guinea pig. He loved her!!! so I snapped some pictures.

Tonight, I'm attempting a photo shoot of Babyboy. It's so much harder with a crappy camera getting shots of bunnies. The guinea pig loves to pose so it wasn't hard at all.

Hope you like them!!

13748_251510_070000002.jpg
13748_251510_070000001.jpg

Awwwww look at your piggie! I love the one dark nostril and hair. Hehehehe :biggrin:How have you taken to guinea pig ownership? Are you planning on getting another yet? ;)

Yes, he is pretty sweet but NO MORE ANIMALS!! lol
I want to be able to give them all cuddle time and the more I have the less I can cuddle!!
but it's hard because they are so sweet so I have to suck it up and be happy with the 2 cats, 2 bunnies and 1 guinea piggie :p

It's been a very long time since I checked in here. I missed the place and was waiting for that little push telling me to come back.

BunBun my heart bunny died in my arms on May 29th at 6 2o pm. It wasn't unexpected but that didn't make it any easier. I'm deeply grateful that I was able to hold him wrapped in a baby blanket and rocking him when he chose to go.

I miss him terribly but in the end, the week before he died, he was getting very ill and by that sunday, I knew when I picked him up and he sort of completely melted into me, that it was his time. I was going to take him to the vet but he chose to die at home with me and I'm blessed by that.

So, now I have babyboy here, who is even more the escape artist, he can pull his dog crate door up and off the hooks and gets out quietly after a few noisy first attempts. He is a huge Flemmie, growing and growing and eating and eating and eating.

I've stopped worrying about what he eats because he scarfs everything down so fast I can't keep up. After I discover that he's escaped I noticed that the cat food dish has gone down quite a bit. I've also caught him up on the table helping himself to anything he finds.

And the guinea piggy,, the noisy guinea piggy is living the sweet life so all's well here except I miss my bunbun... my heart goes out to anyone who has had that kind of tear to their heart. It hasn't gotten easier except that about 20 minutes after he died, I felt him. his lightness, his relief, his joy. No one can convince me that what I felt was not real.

My faith in god was renewed when that feeling came over me. ahhh my bunbun..I will love you forever. :hearts

TRIS !!! :) Such a long long longgggg time. I'm so sorry about BunBun. :( How are you feeling ? What a silly question... I know. Take it easy, ok? He's in peace without any pain and I'm sure he misses you guys too.
I've been on and off from RO, my life seems to be more busy and crazy since we've moved to Kielce, but we like it here. Kimiko is doing okay. She likes it here 'cause she has more space to hop. I miss you. I miss Lisa and Brandy too, especially Lisa. :( I'm sooo glad to hear from you. Pls don't be gone so long. :) So guinea pig, huh ? Cute. Okay, that's it for now. It's almost time for dinner and I gotta go. Miss you, Tris. Again, we are so sorry for your loss.
Take care, :hug1

Hi Vircia! so you've moved! I'm glad you like it where you are! I'm glad Kimi likes it too :) I miss Lisa and Brandy too. I haven't been on in so long. I've been busy and actually have been feeling really down in the dumps so I didn't have the desire to do much on the computer.

The winter has been endless and I guess everyone here is sick of it and even though it isn't winter, we've had a lot of rain.

I took my Flemmie in the car last week. My hubby was driving and Babyboy was in my arms. We took him to the vet to have his nails trimmed and he LOVED it. He just watched out the window and when he went to get up and move, I just said, " Baby, lay down" and he did just like a puppy would.

He is so beautiful. he has horse's eyes with very long lashes. I must take some photos of him.

He's become a bit of a cable chewer lately but only when I have my back turned. he is SO smart. We are having an issue with finding a big enough litter box. I'm using this massive tupperware plastic container and it is HUGE but he keeps peeing over the side of it. lol
It's been a rough few months. My daughter's friend was murdered so I have had to cope with her grief and my own and then BunBun finally passing which was a relief but also my heart was broken.
I'm starting to snap out of it. :)
Btw, Vircia, I had to make a new facebook account if you wondered where I went. There was a privacy issue that no one could explain to me so I made a new account. I can add you if you want.
xo

Well, I can cheer you up by telling you that you aren't the only who is dealing with rains. It rains a lot here.
Yes, you have to post some pics of you boy. I'd love to see him. I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's friend.
About litter box, I hope you can find sth. Pls add me on your new facebook account. It'd be nice to have you in touch. I really miss the old time here on RO. Ok, it's almost 3 am here. I'll write to you later.
Hugs.

Yaaaaaaaaay Tris!

It's so good to see you posting again. Again, sorry about you lil guy. I'm glad you were right there with him. My heartbun also died in my arms. It is such a sad thing to go through but I agree that in the end, it is nice to have been there with them.

I think we are really due for pictures now though!

Phin must be sooooo big. He sure sounds like a hoot! Hehehe. I'm glad you are still enjoying your piggy as well. She's just so cute.

Big hugs to you! Send your daughter my love too. It can't be easy having to deal with that sort of thing. I look forward to hearing more. :biggrin:

Back