mouse_chalk not around for a little bit...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Becca, I didn't see that picture! Thanks so much! It's so sweet of you! :)

I forgot to mention the other bad news. Anyone remember our holiday, to Kefalonia? Meant to be on Tuesday (23rd). Well, we can't go. I'm not allowed to fly, and even if I was well enough and my doctors would let me fly, nobody would insure me with glandular fever, and since I've been in hospital so recently. Stupidly we hadn't bought insurance yet. So we've lost our lovely holiday and all the money towards it. I'm gutted :cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1:

:hugsquish:

Jen, you're back, but take it easy... You should get more sleep and drink more while you can. How are you going to take all the medication at home without the IV's?

Nice to know Mr_mouse_chalk is there and tending to the bunnies. :cool:

Is there any way for you to postpone the holiday or have someone else take your place? :?

Oh god, so sorry about losing your holiday!

Think of it this way, there will be plenty more holidays, and even though you will have lost alot of money its your health that is important, more important than going away or losing some money!

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

Omg these painkillers are crazy! They're as strong as the ones I had when I had my operation :shock: The funny thing is I didn't even have to fight for them. They just gave them to me. All the nurses and doctors were so nice, and so concerned. They couldn't do enough for me. It was a far cry away from my hospital stay for my operation back in April, where they were all rude and took my painkillers away saying I didn't need them.

It made the whole thing a much easier experience. The nurses were forever coming over to say hello and ask how I was feeling, filling my water jug without me even asking, saying bye when they went off shift, and hi when they came on shift. They said I looked so awful last night that it was quite concerning and they were a little reluctant to let me go home- they kept checking to make sure I really was ok. :)

Ramble again, sorry!

Stan- good question! The theory is now my throat has a hole bigger than the width of my little finger (or thereabouts), I should be able to swallow pills, and I can cut them in half, they're quite small anyway. And if I stay on top of the pain meds and antibiotics hopefully it wont get that bad again...

Apparently there isn't a way to rebook or change the names of the holiay tickets, although Steve thinks he can argue a way round it somehow. I've no idea how. He says though that he will take me away somewhere else when I'm better, bless him. And we are still going to San Francisco in November! So I guess we can put our spending money for Greece towards a really great hotel and have a really good time there now.... Have to look on the bright side.

Thanks Fran! You're right, that's what Steve said, that my health is more important. Now, if it were a bunny, I'd be right with him, no questions, I guess I just don't think of my own health in that way so much! :?

More rambling, uh-oh.... :embarrassed:

Yay, you're back - but no offense - GO AWAY AND REST.

NOW!

:hug:

I hope you do start feeling better soon. It sounds like you're kind of on your way but do take it easy.

Leaf wrote:
Yay, you're back - but no offense - GO AWAY AND REST.

NOW!

:hug:
Awww...

:sad: :p

Thanks! You are right though... I've been told I need to drink another 2 litres of water at least today, so I'm working my way through that slowly and I'm off to bed shortly. Also waiting for more pain meds to kick in so I can sleep. I just had to sit down and rest in comfort for a bit. Plus watch the bunnies and steal some cuddles :) Ok, and I wanted to catch up on here a bit as well :p

I just saw this, holy bananas! You poor thing, wow, I can't believe that first DR didn't take your throat very seriously :?.

I like tramadol :p, hope it helped you somewhat.

Jen, I'm glad you aren't feeling as awful anymore and you have pain meds! Did they say how long you will probably be sick? I don't envy you, you seem to get the most painful illnesses :(

Thanks you guys :) :hug:

I feel a bit down today- one of my friends said something about 'you're always getting all these illnesses' and said it was maybe down to me not eating as much or being very active. I feel a bit like my friends (local, not on here) are getting fed up of me being sick all the time, and I'm worried I keep whining and going on about it so much :? I'm really sorry if I am moaning too much guys!

The pain meds are working still luckily, and I can still drink lots of water, but anything else hurts my throat like crazy. Although I keep imagining that people are tapping me on the shoulders! :shock: I slept a few hours again last night though which is good. My mum's currently round cleaning my house pretty much top to bottom bless her!

Funny how Steve came on here to post that I might not be on for a while, and yet here I am straight back online! I'm not up to posting too much today I don't think but I'm reading and keeping up with things. I would honestly go out of my mind with boredom otherwise!:) I feel tired, but not sleepy...

Arrrrr Jen I'm only just reading this I'm sorry your so unwell, I hope you start feeling better soon, such a shame about the holiday hopefully Steve will be able to sort something out.

How random!! When do you go to San Fran? Were going as well in November not sure whate date we are there though because we are doing a fly drive so going to L.A first then Vegas then San Fran we fly on the 15th and come back on the 30th, wouldn't it be weird if were both there at the same time lol.

Feel better soon and make sure you get lots of rest. Jess and Dexter are sending you loads of bunny snuggles xxx

Thanks Amy! :hug:

I think the pills made me go really funny and shaky earlier. Literally my hands wouldn't stay still! It's passed now though..

We go to San Francisco on November 3rd! For one week. Steve used to work for a marketing agency and they wanted him to do overtime one bank holiday desperately. Long story short, but they eventually offered him free flights to San Francisco (he pretended that my aunty who lives there was over that weekend and it was my only chance to see her, so they offered the flights so that he could take me to see them lol!). This trip is insured though so if we do need to cancel, we can. Crossed fingers we don't have to. I'm so gutted about Kefalonia... :(

lol, your auntie will be pleased to see you. hehe. yeah that sucks about your holiday, but at least Steve said he will treat you to another holiday so thats good and you will enjoy it more when you feel better too. plus you never know if Steve does book you somewhere else you could end up having an amazing time that you wouldnt have had if you had gone to Kefalonia plus you have something to look forward to again and you will be more than ready and deserving of a nice break :biggrin2:

How are you feeling today? Anyways you get some rest missy!! :pxxx

Lol.... thanks hun :)

I think that it'll be a little while before he does get to take me away, but he does seem quite determined to do so, bless him.... It's a shame because it's our 3rd anniversary today and next week was sort of to mark that occasion (as well as Steve getting a much-earned rest), and I've been too ill for any sort of celebration today either, but he just says that my health is the most important thing. He's so great!

Sorry, I forgot you said you were going to San Francisco too! Have you booked your hotel yet? Whereabouts are you staying? How long for? We've not sorted a hotel yet.... There are just so many to choose from!

I've rested aaaaaaall day today, I honestly couldn't have done anything else! The painkillers work really well, but they make me feel really funny and jittery, but if I don't take them regularly enough, the pain comes back sooo badly :? My throat seems really painful this evening too, a lot worse than yesterday, which is a bit worrying :?

Argh, I'm getting mad at myself for moaning again! I need to stop! *slaps wrist* :p

Aww Jen, I am so sorry that you are feeling so bad. Don't worry about moaning - heck, I think you have every right to!

Make sure you get plenty of rest, and keep on with the fluids - I know 2 ltrs is a lot, but it will make you feel better (apart from the extra trips to the loo :p)

Take care, and get well SOON

Jan

Thank you Jan! :)

Lol, the extra water is having that effect on me! I've been drinking about 4 litres a day :shock:

My throat is a LOT worse today, and I was sick this morning, probably from the strong antibiotics. The meds are making me reeeeeally spaced out and woozy too- I was online earlier and read posts but they all merged into one and I couldn't have replied to anything or it woudn't have made any sense... :? Can't eat today either....

Come on recovery....... :surrender

This is all probably quite boring now for everybody- sorry :embarrassed:

I have discovered one advantage to being so sick though- I have lost 6 lbs in 10 days! I hope it doesn't all go back on that quick when I'm better :shock:

I cannot WAIT to finish these antibiotics- I'm throwing up everything I manage to eat, and have a constant feeling of nausea. I have a bowl permenantly installed on the floor next to either the bed or the sofa. When I do eat food it's tiny stuff like a piece of toast, or a few mouthfuls of salad (sounds weird but it goes down reasonably well) I've drank nothing but water since Tuesday!

Throat is still ridiculously painful but the painkillers help a lot- it's just when they wear off in the mornings... :(

Feeling really down in the dumps the other night I decided to spend some money and ordered myself some clothes and makeup online to cheer myself up....

I might have to go and do some more shopping :?

Back