mouse_chalk not around for a little bit...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_mouse_chalk

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Jen (Mouse_Chalk) asked me to post here to let people know she wont be around for a little while.

She's been suffering with glandular fever, but now it's turned into tonsillitus as well - and she can't even swallow liquids :(
As a result she's been sent into hospital for the night to be filled up with some fluids and drugs to help her recover...

She is doing well though and already feeling better than she did when she went in a few hours ago.

Mouse and Barney have taken the news particularly badly - and were quite depressed until Carrots and herbs cheered them right up. Hopefully Jen will be back home before we run out of placebo vegetables...

Steve

Hey Steve,

Please giveJen my "Get Well Soon Wishes". I hope she feels better real soon.

Poor Mouse and Barney, maybe you should sneak them a crasin or 2.

Susan:sickbunny:

Steve you are such a dear to let us know! and Please send her big hugs and best wishes to get much better soon! We'll miss her here, but I know you and the buns are probably miserable without her :(

mr_mouse_chalk wrote:
Hi everybody,

Jen (Mouse_Chalk) asked me to post here to let people know she wont be around for a little while.

She's been suffering with glandular fever, but now it's turned into tonsillitus as well - and she can't even swallow liquids :(
As a result she's been sent into hospital for the night to be filled up with some fluids and drugs to help her recover...

She is doing well though and already feeling better than she did when she went in a few hours ago.

Mouse and Barney have taken the news particularly badly - and were quite depressed until Carrots and herbs cheered them right up. Hopefully Jen will be back home before we run out of placebo vegetables...

Steve

Oh no! Tell her I said to rest up. An we will be sending prayers and vibes her way.

Oh no this is horrible news! I hope she gets better soon. Poor thing, had to go to the hospital. Tell her I send my best wishes. So sweet of you to look after the rabbits while she is away.

Shannon

Aww poor Jen :( Didn't she just go to the doctor yesterday and they said she didn't have anything else wrong aside from the glandular fever? :X Has she gotten any sleep yet? Tell her Rory and Skyler send their love!

Hi guys, I'm home now :) Very drugged up so sorry if this doesnt make sense but then im a perfectionist so will probably persevere until it is lol.

It was pretty scary. My tonsils and my whole throat swelled up to the point that i could no longer even drink. I cried pretty much all day from the pain- well, as much as you can cry with that amount of pain in your mouth! My mum came round at 4pm, took one look at me and called the doctors. He then got another doctor to examine me, called the hospital and sent me down. I kept choking on phlegm (sorry, gross) as my airway was so small and my tonsils were covered in pus. They reminded me a little of Chalk's stomach when she had all those little abscesses :(

The list of stuff I've had since last night:

IV Steroids for the swelling
IV paracetomol
IV metronidazole (antibiotics) 3 times
IV fluids twice

Tramadol, diclufenic, paracetomol for the pain :shock: All soluble cos I couldn't swallow

And this morning they gave me critical care AKA sloppy weatabix because my blood pressure was on the floor, because I hadnt eaten since monday night :? luckily it picked up after i'd had breakfast. the pain meds REALLY helped, as long as I keep taking them. I can now swallow water and eat a little bit of food as long as it's soft and warm. Drank 3 litres of water today :cool:

I'm still on all the crazy pain meds and antibiotics and am to stay that way for the next few days at least- a week for the antibiotics.

Apparently now that I've had the steroids the swelling shouldn't return, but straight back down there if it does. My mouth still looks pretty swollen and pus-y, but not nearly as bad as it was.

I GOT 3 HOURS SLEEP!!!!! :bunnydance: First sleep since Saturday night!

I fear I'm rambling now so I'll end this! Thank you all so much for your good thoughts. I had a TV/internet/phone thingy by my bed and logged on earlier and I could read your comments but didnt have the energy to reply. Thank you :hug:

All that for just tonsilitis eh? :? I swear to god my health record is getting ridiculous now! :?

Latest posts

Back