Monty, my [big] baby bunny 2012

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was the same as Lisa, I couldn´t believe how big she is, mine would be like Land of the Giants at the side of her lol. I also showed the pic to my sister and she was like, hey, is that really a rabbit ??? she couldn´t believe the size. She is so lovely, I can´t imagine having a rabbit that big but I´m tempted every time I see Monty or Thumper or Conan and Xena. I so love these big gentle bunnies.

Wow, she is huge! Maybe one day in the future I can convince my other half that we need to have a Flemmie, lol. Though I think of the amount of destruction and food that Bandit devours, and practically triple it in my mind and nearly die :p Will be really interesting to see how she looks after she's finished her moult :)

The other video from this morning: Blanket Monster!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuUjPIGVjyU[/ame]

Ilovemyrabbit, it's coming along better this time around. I had trouble counting on my first attempt even after I fixed round 5, so I started over last night. I looked up a tutorial on crocheting in the round on Youtube last night to see how others marked the beginning of their round, and someone's method of hooking a bobby pin through the last stitch of the previous round is really working for me. I finished round 10 last night and still have 45 stitches, so it's going well! I'll look up a tutorial of the SC2tog when I hit that point. Such a good resource for learning stuff. I even found Crochet Geek, who posts left-handed versions of many of her tutorials. I'm so thankful, haha. It really helps me do it right instead of just trying to do the mirror image of the right-handed way. Silly me and my backwards ways!

Aww, Monty is adorable under that fleece blanket.

I'm glad the crocheting is coming along better! Yes, the bobby pin is a great way to keep track. I used to do that but now I just count my stitches. I used to use crochet geeks tutorials too, she has great tutorials!

Oh, she is so cute, mine would be out of there in two minutes, don´t like anything over them. she is just all ears...I love it.

Haha, yeah. I'm surprised she's so okay with the blanket being on her, because I don't do this often at all. The last time this big blue blanket was on her was way before her spay. Belle, my old kitty, hated being under anything too, so I just got used to pets not liking anything on them.

All is pretty much the same ol', same ol' with Monty. She gets to hop in the kitchen for a couple of hours every day, supervised because it's not really bunny proof as far as keeping her out of the places I don't want her in. She has also peeled the top layer off a tiny piece of tile in the corner near her crate, so I always have to shoo her out of there. She likes to lay on the floor and snuggle with me if I start petting her, and even lets me put my arm along her side and scoot her closer to my body. Such a good loafbun. I still haven't ordered an exercise pen, but I mean to...I'm just so financially dependent on my boyfriend right now that it leaves me feeling a little guilty when I can't provide for myself or Monty much. It's just painful. I hope to work things out with school soon so I can get back to my goals and at least feel like I have a more valid excuse for only working part time and struggling so much.

Finally uploaded some pics of floor snuggles. These were taken on 4/14. I laid down first, and she came over for head rubs and then flopped down next to me :)

fldd1i.jpg

2r2yaty.jpg

"Oh yesh, right there"
2ufcymq.jpg

I can't believe she's so long, and almost a year old now!
rua8om.jpg

4/17: "Hey, I smell apple"
2rpfzbd.jpg

"Come on, I can hear you cutting it up!"
2sbv2au.jpg

"Finally!"
xaqhj.jpg

For the ear lovers:
25ui7h0.jpg

dzgnrb.jpg

Monty was at an alertness level I call "Full Ears." She was hearing the floor squeak and groan as my boyfriend walked around in the other room where she couldn't see.

Teefs!
16krl9s.jpg

Missy, she is quite a girl and you´ve made my day with the pics for ear lovers :hearts:

Everytime I see her I am amazed by how big she is.....wow mine are tiny in comparison.

Aww, she is adorable! Those snuggle pictures were so cute! And I loved the ones of her ears, her ears are really huge! :D

And wow, she is really getting huge! She is such a big girl. I wonder if she will get bigger.

Aww, love all those pictures. Love her face sticking out of the box. Adorable.

"such a vicious beast" LOL that made me chuckle!

I just got around to watching the videos. I've been following but not watching the videos. It looked like she liked being under the blanket. Foo liked being under the blanket too! She is so cute. Her cuddling pictures are great, she looks so happy and so content. I like how her feet are stretched out on either side of her head and she's all melty in the floor. LOL

Did you make the fishy blanket? I like it, it looks warm.

I caught a Monty flop! I recorded a little after the actual flop because I love the way she moves her mouth around while she's drifting off.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-4fdybg1A0[/ame]

This morning I grabbed a bit of our apple "sharing." Cutest thief ever!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M00lot0gAIc[/ame]

Yeah, Morgan, I made the fishy blanket. I have a lot of fleece blankets that I've made...as well as a ton of other stuff. **** you, jobs at fabric stores!

She is just gorgeous, what a mega flop and those ears...I do luuurrrve those big ears.

She's adorable! I loved the flop video and her cute dewlap its like a pillow to sleep on, lol. Wow, that fish blanket is cool that you made. You shoud make a Monty blanket. :)

Back