Monty, my [big] baby bunny 2012

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ellie is the same way with people! She loves new people. She lets anyone pick her up and do anything with her, except me. :( haha.
I'm coming to squish Monty! :)

Monty munches paper in her buncave
160906a.jpg

Monty and her giant mess
28br3x5.jpg

Just half of the fluff I ended up pulling from her tail today
2dgkver.jpg

Legssssss
2mcgbrb.jpg

Loving on my box o' bun
sybczs.jpg

More snuggles
1o3pl1.jpg

Sewing I did yesterday. I'm not happy with the way the corners at each end of the zipper are turning out, so I'll have to do some practicing later on scraps to see what's causing the weirdness.
2pt5g1c.jpg

The denim thing on top of the pouch is a rice-filled beanbag meant for setting a cellphone on. Keeps your phone from vibrating around in circles on your desk!

She is just so funny. I love the way she did check that her tail was still there and the binky´s when she came out the second time were great. She has thick fur and she looks look to be getting bigger. I do love that big bunny, she´s such a funny girl. I thought you had another bunny but I realised it´s a soft toy...duuhhh

Yeah, that was a dog toy that I found at a discount store. I recently found a mini version of it at Target, but didn't get it because Monty already ignores this one. She used to be only slightly longer than it! It also took me months to figure out that it makes a duck-like honking/quacking noise if you squish its butt. It's meant to be interesting to retrievers and other hunting dogs. Monty just looks at it like "what?" and then walks away. Maybe if I sleep with it at night a couple times it'll smell less like merchandise and more like my belongings and perhaps she'll show interest in it?

I work at a Joann Fabrics and we have that in our licensed print selection.

Thanks all, I'm glad you like Monty's videos :) I'm thrilled with my silly furbaby. We had very good out time today. I almost did another half hour tonight when I got home from being out, but I'm really sleepy and then she spilled out into my lap and snuggled right away when I opened her crate, so I sat like that until my legs said "no more" and she had licked my pants to dampness. I can say my pants are very well-groomed when she's around :)

I ended up uploading two videos of Monty the other day, so here's the other one :) TOTAL SALAD DESTRUCTION

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybIHgIP_06c[/ame]

Sorry it's so long. If you get tired of the first salad, click to about 5:00 where I give her a Brussels sprout :)

Last edited:
Hahaha Monty really gets into her salad! Glad to see things are good. Getting caught up on blogs from being in DC :)

Haha she certainly likes her veggies, I love the way the cilantro just disappears, she makes quick work of it all. Mine love theirs too but it´s all on such a smaller scale lol.

Oh hey, sorry I haven't updated lately. Lazy hooman hasn't felt like uploading pics to anything other than Instagram and her lousy Facebook, but I assure you, there's LOTS of mega cuteness in store. I got to play with my toys and mess up the rug for a WHOLE HOUR this morning instead of just 30-45 minutes because I distracted mommy with my cute fluffs. Check out my masterpiece!

16hn9eg.jpg

Okay, okay, Monty did some nose bonking and I've been badgered into uploading pics.

We brought home our groceries in my big Ikea bag for easy three-flights-of-stairs hauling, and Monty smelled the kale. Once I emptied the bag, I let her check it out and she nosed around suspiciously
2wnwd37.jpg

She laid on the rug and I laid next to her. She's really snuggly lately, and I love it! She can bear the weight of my head on her back, too, though I only use her as a pillow for a minute or so because I don't want to squish her
24lmqt3.jpg

More snuggles on another day, after a rough shift at work. Ahhh, this is what I needed.
10nuc60.jpg

Another grocery discovery! I think somebunny went through a growth spurt recently, because MAN she's huge
w7hg78.jpg

The next three pics are from the same hop session. She kept nipping at my pant legs and bonking my legs to make me stand still or come sit on the floor, then she would snuggle me. In this first one, she was following me back and forth from the stove to the fridge, trying to grab my pantleg, until I stood still and she flopped between my feet. I squatted down to pet her and she just relaxed more then I rested my butt on her back. NO WEIGHT is being applied, don't worry. I'm little but I know an 11-lb bunny's body can't support my 100 lbs
jkvgpz.jpg

Another between-foot flop, with a good view of her molt progress.
2iuf47p.jpg

Last flop of the session. I call this the "bunwarmer" snuggle.
2d6ky9k.jpg

Monty has to work for her kale stems while I'm cooking:
1zx4gh2.jpg

Apple thief! I share my breakfast fruits with her, sometimes with some coersion :)
2rgew78.jpg

She is so big! haha. WOW. Her molting is crazy looking too. Does she get darker when she's done or is it just because her fur bands are different on the new fur? Did that make any sense at all? I don't think so! haha.

She is just the sweetest girl around! Hey well, since she's molting, her tummy fur should grow back now!
Those pictures are great!

Morgan, her underfluff is dark and her regular hairs are banded with grey, then brown, then the top tannish color. I think it's the prettiest fluff ever. The middle of that donut shape on her back is the grown-out new fur, so she's going to be the same color. I hope her tummy molts too so it grows back! So far it isn't, but her chest and tail molted first and they never had before, so maybe....let's hope for some tummy fur!

Wow she is huge! I can't believe how big she is, and she will probably get bigger still! I need a Flemish Giant :).

I loved the pictures! She is so beautiful! Yes, hopefully some tummy fur will grow in soon.

Glad to hear things are good with Month. Still no tummy fur for her? My Xena who had her spay a few weeks after Month has the same issue a month after her spay. I mean some fuzz is present, but nor fur growth. Strange, because when they neutered Conan they shaved him as well and his grew back awfully fast.

For anyone who saw my post over in Thumper's thread, Monty's gas seems to have subsided without any help on my part other than throwing a large fistful of orchard grass hay in with her usual. She loves the stuff and wolfed it all down, and when I checked on her an hour later, her tummy was back to normal noise level and she let me feel all around it without any squirming. She's still fine this morning too, but her poo has been darker than usual for a couple of weeks. Firm, but dark, even though she's eating the same amount of salad, pellets, and hay. Bunnies...always making us worry about their poop.

I'm glad Monty's gas is gone now! Ellie's poop has been darker than usual too.

They're all talking to each other secretly and making their poop weird for us to freak out about. Its a huge bun-scheme, like Denise said. LOL

Latest posts

Back