Monty, my [big] baby bunny 2012

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, I did go back and look at your first page. It only took my tired brain hours to think of it and as soon as I got the page up I remembered how you got her.

Hey, no problem :)

I want to do better updates but lately I feel so zonked out. I fabricated a new hay holder for her today...I'm not sure if it works well yet, time will tell.

She was very cute...well still is just not as young in the face as then. I would never be able to breed buns but gosh I wish I had a neighbor that was a top notch breeder so I could go hang out with a bunch of baby buns. Especially Flemish babies. Did you get to see Monty before you brought her home, like when she was very young?

I so wish this myself.

That's nice to hear Missy that you got Monty at 8 weeks and saw her before that. I got mines both at 16 weeks, and while its great that I got them all healthy and well behaved, I do sort of regret not having that little extra experience.

Baby buns are so adorable and baby flemmies are so cute. The size must be so different as well. I remember mine were tiny when I got them, well they´re not really big now but the size difference must be amazing as I am assuming they grow at a much faster rate so from 6 weeks to 16 weeks would be like night and day the difference in size.

Take pics of the hay holder so we can see.

Missy...I'm going through the same issue myself. I had kind of a plastic basket I have used since he was young. It wasn't perfect but did a pretty good job. Well it was getting worn out from him pushing on it while eating and last week a few pieces of plastic broke off so I threw it away. I went to four stores and couldn't find a thing that would really work. I should probably just build one. The one he had was nice because it held a bunch of hay but was narrow. Everything else I find is wide and would take up more cage space and he has little enough as it is plus I'm afraid he'll bang his head on it doing whatever he does in his cage when we go to bed that makes so much noise.

Chris...for me since I spend so much time with him his growth seemed more gradual but he did grow fast and the neighbors kid would be shocked at his growth. I do see a huge difference though when I look back at pics. It's the same with our dog, we only realize just how big he is when we are around someone elses dog and they seem so tiny.

Hay rack is a wire bin thing from the dollar store that's meant to be stackable. I snipped a notch into it to see if it would help her reach her face in to eat, but not give her access to DIG, which is the downfall of the Ikea bag holder.
16rwq9.jpg

Crafty stuff I've been doing lately--
A zip pouch (with lining) that measures about 5" x 8"
261htm0.jpg

jgt6qv.jpg

imosus.jpg

One of my planters of greens. This one is mixed lettuces, mostly for human consumption.
unegy.jpg

Missy you MADE that pouch?! Holy crap! That looks like something you buy at target! Thats amazing. I don't think I could ever do anything like that.

Your plants look awesome! It looks like everything is growing really well! Your hay rack is pretty cool looking, it looks like you've been super crafty lately! Does Monty like the hay rack?

THanks! Well, as long as you don't mean the fun dollar section at Target :squint: :p I'm making a Star Wars pouch for a friend now :)

Monty's discovering how to eat from it, so I'm just watching and waiting to see how it goes. I have to wrap fleece around the wire wherever I snip it, because I don't have anything coarser than a nail file (which does nothing on this thing), so I started with a smaller opening with the possibility of making it larger just in case.

No its like one of those cases in the purse section for like $27 because target is crazy expensive and I don't shop there because its like walmart's fancy sister and nothing about me says fancy. BUT that little pouch is awesome! Or you could find it in the school supply section for $12 because school supplies that are fancy like that are also crazy expensive.
You could sell things like that! You're gifted! I wish I was special. *runs to cry in the corner, jealous of Missy's mad talent*

You are definitely crafty Missy. that pouch is great, does look a store one and the hay rack I love, hope Monty loves it too.

And those greens look so good, I´m useless at growing anything although just been out to check the washing and the plants I bought and used are starting to grow back; I have mint, parsley and sage and a little leave of basil starting to sprout....yeeeeahhhh, I am so pleased, well it´´s good cos I havén´t really done anything just watered them about once a week.

You could sell things like that! You're gifted! I wish I was special. *runs to cry in the corner, jealous of Missy's mad talent*

That's what I'm hoping to do. I have an Etsy store, but it only has a couple things listed right now. I'm going to make a couple more different things to throw in there so people can see what all I can do.

I like the hay rack. I know my husband has files he uses for metal pieces so they are not jaggy, you could probably get one of those at some point. He has different sizes, the smaller ones probably wouldn't cost too much.

If you decide to sell those pouches let me know. I always have to buy the girls ones for school. Depending on the material you use (their not into super man) I would buy some. I'd rather spend my money helping someone or a small business then a big chain store.

I can't wait for spring. I can raise amazing fruits and veggies outside but kill all but three types of plants inside and they are all poisonous to buns :(

Beware of letting basil go to seed. We did one year and had basil pop up all over. The same year the birds pooped after eating our cherry tomatoes and we found ten plants throughout the yard.

Monty and I hung out in the kitchen together for an hour. I've been plucking fluff from her tail for three days now, and recorded some fun from today's defluffing. Silly girl is molting from her chest and tail right now, and her tummy is still naked from the spay. Any idea when that will grow back? Is it going to wait until she goes through a full molt again? It's been over a month already...

Anyway, I'll get to what you really came to see:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rc0QUEQay4[/ame]

I think that you have the best rabbit ever. When she went back into the box, after making sure her tail was still there, and she flopped over in the box I laughed SO hard. ahaha. I can't believe she just lets you pull the fur from her tail! How good is she. She's so sweet and I really think she's the best bunny ever. I also loved how she kicked the box away from her and popcorned onto the rug.

It looks like she's gained some weight and I think she's grown. Do you think she has?

I like how squishy she looks. I just want to cuddle her. Ellie isn't like that, she's so small and not squishy. Can I borrow Monty to squish? haha.

Yes, you may come squish her anytime. She likes new people! She was walking all over my friend who came over and sat on the kitchen floor. I handed her Monty's pellet bowl and it was game over. She warms up quickly when you have her pellets ;)

Latest posts

Back