Monty, my [big] baby bunny 2012

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That´s another bunny slave trait...they dead flop and do it so well, we just have to poke them or disturb them just to make sure it isn´t real...the number of times, I´ve made them jump up just cos I wasn´t sure they were OK.

Sometimes Foo would flop so well that I would walk into the kitchen, see her sleeping, say her name and nothing. I would stand there for a minute trying to see if she was breathing, but I don't see so good. So I would have to either have to run over to her cage or scream from where I was because I would be frozen to the floor. I scared the crap out of her A LOT. She was like Monty, with the eyelid and the scary.
Ellie doesn't flop like that, she stretches out but not a full on DBF. She isn't that comfortable yet.

But Monty is beyond comfortable! I actually envy the relationship you and Monty have.

Good news, everyone! I got a new phone, so videos should look a little better now. I've been really down lately, so that's why I'm not putting the effort into uploading as many pics as usual...but here's a video I uploaded yesterday. I love it when Monty drinks water. She's so undainty about it!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxbf7X1frSc[/ame]

That little face at the end and those nose...so cute. He´s a slurper lol.I´m so used to seeing mine drinking from the bottles, I don´t get to see them drinking from a bowl so often.

Oh my goodness! That one photo. OH MY! Yeah, I'd definitely be poking her to see if she was alive.. and she'd most definitely win that contest!

That is so cute! Yes mine use bottles too so I dont get to see that either.. And a close up to boot. Monty...what a gal :)

Hey btw I know you are so good at computer stuff. How do I post videos if I don't want to go through YouTube? I use picasa for my picture stuff. But I feel like picasa might be different because when I post pictures I have to post them as an attachment because I don't see the link/ code you guys talk about to post them the other way. So how do I post videos then?

Monty, you're a bunny after my heart! To the buncave!

Also, when Q-tip flops really well sometimes, I startle her by going "FLOPS!" really loud to be sure she perks up. She usually looks up, gives me this f-you stare, and then goes back to sleep.

Usually if Thump flops and I walk into his room he will move but the times he doesn't I definitely stare at him to try to see his breathing. A few times I have poked him. I am pretty good at looking for breathing. I had ferrets before and the males tend to sleep well. My girls would always wake up when you walked into the room but the male could and would sleep through anything. I probably checked on him 10 times a day. He was my kids favorite though because they could pick him up while he was sleeping and hold him while they watched tv and he would sleep through it all. It was like having a living teddy bear to cuddle with.

thumper plopped right behind my back the other day when I was sitting in his room.

That is SOOO cute! Wish Twigs did that. Not that I want Twigs to be that big. Still glad she is big so we can see her carwl and fit in that soda box. :) Made me laugh.

Monty certainly does like that box, she is so funny, it´s like a bunny burrito box lol. I loved seeing her head suddenly pop out.

Monty is so funny with boxes. She's such a comical rabbit. One of the funniest on RO ;)

I'm about to go to bed, but I ended up on my youtube channel a couple minutes ago because I was checking a comment someone posted...and then I watched a couple of Monty's baby videos. OMG SHE USED TO BE SO TINY! (but still larger than dwarfs hehe)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43JNeHNStHc[/ame]

She was very cute...well still is just not as young in the face as then. I would never be able to breed buns but gosh I wish I had a neighbor that was a top notch breeder so I could go hang out with a bunch of baby buns. Especially Flemish babies. Did you get to see Monty before you brought her home, like when she was very young?

I think her litter arrived at the pet store from the breeder when they were 6-7 weeks old, and I saw her right then (it's in my first post of this thread), and then I brought her home at 8 weeks. This video is from when she was 10 weeks old, I think.

Latest posts

Back