Monty, my [big] baby bunny 2012

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Monty got to nom on a strawberry this weekend! (I had something cuter written on my first try, but chrome kinda failed on me so I had to force close. yay, old laptop)
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmCL_cqah7c[/ame]

I dumped Monty's box of paper out this morning and she set to work rearranging it quite a bit. I like how she shoves stuff under her butt and then hops away, only to turn around and find it's still there.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFb4Amat4Aw[/ame]

A couple days ago, Monty decided to open the other end of her Dew box. Results:
2m30oxl.jpg

25057jd.jpg

Then, while Beardyman was helping with her litter, she decided he looked like a parking garage and took up residence.
wgsraq.jpg

15cy9gg.jpg

Gutsy bunny. I don't know that I would have crawled in there and flopped. She just laid there like "no big deal, just staying warm"

Monty flopped out in her new drive-thru Dew box. She walked in this time when it was on its side, and just kinda gave up.
148ds76.jpg

This is how bad her butt sticks out before she flops and makes her hips thinner.
2heees1.jpg

Just chillin', ya know. Her dewlap looks cute. I think it's growing on me.
2vvu8ee.jpg

My shift got cut short last night (yay) because the snowstorm meant hardly any customers came in, so I had to eat my snacks when I got home, including the BUNana I had her trim before I left. She was showing a great interest in it while I was eating, so I threw her the peel with the last bite of fruit in it. She seemed more interested in devouring the peel.
121g87c.jpg

My gorgeous big bun...it is so funny, she sort of pushes the paper under her and then looks round and it´s "hey where did that come from" that is so funny.

I´ve tried mine with strawberries but only Bandy likes them...well, he likes everything lol.

It´s like a mountain dew jacket, she is such a scream. Wow, those ears just amaze me, I´ll never get over how big they are.

Cute haircut, don´t think I could carry something like that off, well not at my age now but it does suit you.

I love the picture of her face sticking out of the the dew box, with her head on the floor. You should put that in black and white and frame it. I would. haha.

I love your hair! It looks so good on you! I could never do that, I would be worried about the way my head looked. But you have a really nice head shape. <-Yes, weirdest compliment ever. lmao.

I seriously think the pictures of Monty in the pop boxes are SOOO cute. Her face cracks me up. Its like she's saying "Uh yeah, I wanted to lay here. So what? You think I look funny in this box??" I can't get over it!!

Love LOVE your hair. I wish I could pull something off like that too but I'd freak out the fellow preschool moms ;)

I'm up early on a Saturday for once (I got up an hour ago, so nevermind that it's almost 9am here) :p and I just gotta say, I love my bunny. I love the way she spills out of her crate into my lap when I come visit her (the times when I'm not quite ready to sit in the kitchen with her yet, but we're working on more "out" time now that I've seen her pee in her litterbox in front of the fridge a couple of times). Some mornings she seems to fall asleep for a few minutes, and I feel like she really trusts me. She also knows the difference between my "checking on things" touches and my "I'm trying to pick you up" touches. She jumps back if I'm trying to lift her, but if I'm just touching her tummy to look for gas or just to feel around, she stays melted into my lap and purring. I had my hand over her heart for a little bit this morning, and I don't know why, but it feels so cool. I was playing with her dewlap too. She has always let me cradle her head in my hand, and now she also enjoys it when I pet her under her dewlap and smoosh it around. It's so floofy and squishy! She goes all ragdoll and purry when I do it, so she must TOTALLY HATE IT ;) hehe.

Did I mention I love the fluffybunnybutts outta my giant baby?

Crap, she's almost 10 months old!

Awwww. Thats so sweet! She is such a precious giant. I think she really trusts you too, the pictures your able to get and the positions she's in in those pictures, tell me she's SUPER comfortable.
I love dewlaps, as long as they aren't too big. They are squishy and weird feeling, but they're so funny. I'm glad hers is growing on you because I don't think they give bunny neck lifts! haha. jk.
Sometimes its really nice to sit with the buns, when its really quite in the house, either late at night or really early in the morning. When the world is asleep and you can just be with them. Thats the best time.

she is such a big sweet girl and it´s great to see that she´s trusting you more eat day. I can´t imaging what the dewlap feels like but you describe it quite well, floofy and squishy...and no, can´t believe she´s only 10 months old...how big is this girl gonna be lol.

It really is amazing that you have that type of relationship with Monty! You've gotta love the pictures and YES, she's very comfortable with you!
Most of the time, large buns are more comfortable than the small dwarfs!

Photo update now that I'm mostly over my cough/cold/whatever this plague is! Still coughing up a little junk, but the nagging dry cough is all but gone.

Monty destroying some cardboard in the corner at the end of her tube:
11hcta9.jpg

Snuggling on the floor a couple days ago when I was sicker, which made me cough so I'm kinda red
35ksvib.jpg

Nose kisses! (still with my red face)
aew7tj.jpg

Today, she keeps sticking her front toes out of her crate. I don't even know how that's comfy. You can tell by her third eyelid creeping out that she's really relaxed. Silly girl.
xnffo5.jpg

Disgruntled bunbun doesn't understand that the landlord is coming to look at the kitchen and I really can't let her destroy everything I just straightened up! Also: dewlap is getting lappier.
sqpoif.jpg

Argh, that litter was clean half an hour before I took that last pic.

Isn't it amazing how fast they fill a box with poop? I have 3 litter boxes and Ellie has picked one that she likes the best, its in the one that's basically in the middle of the floor near the back door and thats the one she loves to fill up all the time!

The picture of her in the crate with her feets sticking out is hilarious. Her head is so far back and she doesn't look comfortable but she must be because like you said that third eyelid. haha. She's so cute.

Is she still peeing in the floor when you let her out of the cage? Or has she decided she likes the potty box in front of the fridge?
Speaking of fridges, Ellie just chewed some little wire in the bottom of my fridge and I don't know what it does, if it did anything or if there was any power running through it. Jeez. Doesn't help that my fridge is from 1974 and it does't have a manual.

I love the picture of you kissing her nose. She is so comfortable with you! Its amazing the way she acts with you.

Poor Monty cracked me up the other day when this happened while she was playing:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJI1Z2dkAmU[/ame]

Oops, forgot all of Monty's recent flop pics in my last post.

Monty was sitting up part way from a flopped nap, and I was trying to get a nice pic of her nose. I was a little off, and she started to re-flop
2up33uw.jpg

8y85jp.jpg

Zzzs resume. Sleepy bunny feets!
whcrja.jpg

Creepiest DBF...ever! I heard the biggest slam ever, looked over to see Monty's front paws straight up. Then they fell over and I realized she just flopped so far, she almost flipped! I snuck up and took pics on the way, because she usually pops her head up to look at me when the floor creaks.
*sneak sneak snap*
178umr.jpg

*sneak closer snap*
1zwcmc6.jpg

*squat right next to the cage and check for breathing*
riazyv.jpg

If there was a Creepiest Sleeping Rabbit contest, I think Monty would be in the top three. I knew she was alive, but this just looks so creepy! She was so out, that she stayed like this as I walked away too.

Is she still peeing in the floor when you let her out of the cage? Or has she decided she likes the potty box in front of the fridge?

I love the picture of you kissing her nose. She is so comfortable with you! Its amazing the way she acts with you.

Well, on a trial basis, I made myself leave her out for as long as I could take the hopping up to check on her (because she doesn't start "exploring" things that get her in trouble until I'm out of sight, so if I sit in the kitchen with her, it's just the usual), and we made it to 1 hour and 45 minutes. She got sent to her home after she peed on the floor in her cardboard corner. Naughty bun. To be fair, it could have seemed like litter because she had shredded a bunch of box and it was in a little pile, but it irks me because 40 minutes into this playtime, she used her litterbox in front of the fridge like a good bun. Then I kept getting sicker, so I haven't tried a long semi-unsupervised run again yet. I know I just need to give her more chances, but my schedule is busier than usual with inventory coming up at work. Ugh, so dopey-feeling and achy. I told Monty I need a little more than 50% success with pee if she wants to have fun like that again, and next time definitely NOT in the corner where the stick-on tiles are a little spaced out. Last thing I need is for the subfloor to get pee smell in it :(

On her shorter, supervised runs for breakfast and dinner, she has not peed on the floor and has used her kitchen litterbox a handful of times. I swap it with her crate box after a day so it isn't just a bare, clean-smelling box.

Missy, those are some big flops and that one with the eye...I´d have been poking her to make surer she was still with us...that is so zombie.

She doesn´t look very comfortable with her feet sticking out but it´s kinda like...I´ve got into this position and I´m staying here lol.

Hope you´re in the same stage as I am now...still a bit of a cough but most of the chest gunge is now loosening...will I be glad when it´s all over.

Omg that IS the creepiest dbf ever!! How hysterical!

I chuckled at her dewlap is getting "lappier". Haha. And yes it is!

I just adore Monty. I don't know if I have ever said so or just expected you to know it since I'm partial to flemmies. Between life with Thumper and reading your post I can't imagine ever having anything but a Flemish giant.

I notice Thumper lays in his cage stuffed between the side and his litter box or all shoved into the front corner. He has space where he can stretch out if he wants to. Maybe it's a weird personality quirk of flemmies? Maybe in their minds they are smaller kinda like how little dogs seem to think they are big dogs but in reverse?

That DBF is too much. I thought Thump goes out but no I have never seen him quite that out of it. :)

Monty is a character that's for sure. She does seem to have that little bunny trapped in a big bunny's body feel. As for dead flops, impressive. I think I'll take a snap of Xena in flop mode. She taught me and the wife the meaning of dead flop, and I'm sure she can give Monty a run for her money...err relax run, whatever. Isn't it just a bit scary when they're that good at it? I swear I had to check to see if Xena was breathing one day, her flop was that good. Hell, I had to nudge her because I wasn't sure she was breathing.

Latest posts

Back