Misty's Crawl Space

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoneyPot

Reaction score
So I went to the Humane society aiming at thiscute little Dutch mix they had pictures of, but when I walked in thedoor, the sweetest little girl stuck her nose out of her cage andstarting nipping at my sleeve.

I thought she was cute, but went over to see the dutch baby.I played with him for a bit, but went back over to take a look at theother bunny who nibbled me. She stuck her nose out again andstarted begging for pets. I KNEW that this little one was forme, so I got her.

She's 4 months old, already spayed.

I thought Cookie was a handful but oh my gosh, she is HYPER!!

I got her home and had her in a spare cage by the front door (whereCookie is NOT allowed), I look down, and Cookie is standing by my feet.I have NO idea how he snuck over there. Well he startedthumping up a storm, so he got put back in his area where he just stoodand watched us, it was so funny - straining his neck around the cornerto take a look at the new girl.

So I have her out in the bathroom which is fairly large and she isalready doing binkies and bunny 500's. I'm trying to keep herstill because she was spayed only 3 days ago, but the cut looks good,and she is not touching it.

I thought I would let her get used to the new place for a day or two,then let her out slowly but she totally moved in and tookover! She was climbing out and into my lap before I properlylet her out of the cage, she starting exploring right away, alreadyclimbing into things and under stuff.

I can already see her personality and she is going to be a handful!!

Ok enough talk, on with the pictures!!

Her name at the Humane Society was "Tiger".... but that didn't fit herat all, so called her Misty because she is white with sprinkles of greyall over her face and butt.

Misty1.JPG

Stand in the food dish, then reach between the legs for pellets...
Makes all the sense in the world
Misty2.JPG

Misty3.JPG

Misty4.JPG

Misty5.JPG

Misty6.JPG

Misty7.JPG

Misty8.JPG

Misty9.JPG

WHAT a beautiful bun! That face is priceless!
God Bless you and grant you patience with that honey! She is going to keep you (and Cookie) hopping!

Nadia :

she is a very pretty rabbit ,and bunny 500's so soon and binkys!wow you are verylucky! She picked You, and sheis just a darling little thing , I am adding her tothe bunny nap list !

What a prettybunny. Congratulations HoneyPot.Misty is so hyper, because she is so happy to haveyou as her mommy.

Rainbows! :bunnydance:

Awesome news!!!!!!!!! I am SO SO happy for you!She is a beautiful little girl and seems she loves you tons already!:)Best Wishes and goodluck with your new addition!

hee, thanks guys, I am totally falling in love with her. I am even getting bunny kisses already!!

But chewing and digging are going to be a problem... she's taking apartthe bathroom! ACK! I never had to deal with this with Cookie. LOL.

Misty10.JPG

_________
Nadia

Looks like she's making herself right at home. Congrats to both of you for finding each other. :D

Well if she really is only 4 months, thenremember she's still just a baby! Some o those bad habits could stopcompletely or at least settle down with age.

She's a cutie and I'm glad you found the right rabbit! :)

Hooray! it was meant to be for you both. i sawher on the website today and thought she was gorgeous. i am soo happyfor you. it's good she's already spayed, saves you the $$ and the worry.

i hope i get to meet her one day ;)

she is beautiful!! :inlove:

Nicole

PuterGeekGirl wrote:
What breed were they saying she was?
hmm, the breed they had on her cage was "Rabbit".

lol

I have no idea what she is, she has little ears though, so a dwarf of some kind.

the Toronto Humane Society has no clue about rabbit breeds. Sully's papers said the same thing "rabbit".

ps- i forgot to say, i love the name Misty, suits her well.

She is tooo cute. I love hercolor. So what is Cookie thinking? Have youintroduced them yet? Congrats....nice Christmas present forboth of you!

lol...rabbit...thats informative...as if youcouldn't have figured that one out!!! no worries, was justasking...she is beautiful!

Wow...she IS a beauty! I just love hercolor. ;)I also like the idea that the Toronto Humane Societyspays and neuters their bunnies before adoption...here in Ottawa theydon't seem to. Every time I've ever seen a rabbit up for adoption, ithasn't been altered. Do they do the same with the dogs and cats thereas well? The way it's set up here, you purchase the animal, and then -if you want them spayed or neutered - you purchase a voucher for thesurgery and take it to your vet. I'd much prefer if the surgery wasalready done first. :?

Oh, and for some reason I just adore this picture of Misty:

Misty7.JPG

She looks like royalty!

Congratulations on your new companion...I think she picked her new owner well...;)

:) Cookie and Misty aren't going to meet unfortunately.

Cookie will be staying here at my family's home, I will be taking Mistywith me to my new home when I move in approx. 2-3 weeks.

Cookie isn't neutered, so he is already beingreallyterritorial - even in territory that isn't hisown. He snuck back out to the front hall where Misty's cagewas (I moved her upstairs) and he pooped all over the hallway - just tolet us know it was HIS hallway even though he has never been in itbefore today.

Besides that, Misty is in quaranteen away from Cookie for 2 weeks (tomake sure she doesn't have any diseases etc. that can be passed alongto Cookie). So... Cookie just got to see her from afar todayand that's all he's getting.

:)

Bassetluv wrote:
I also like the idea that the Toronto Humane Society spaysand neuters their bunnies before adoption...here in Ottawa they don'tseem to.

I know - isn't it great that they do that? And they don'tcharge you anything extra for doing it, when I was there - the onesthat weren't neutered or spayed (and were old enough to have it done)were not yet adoptable.

________
Nadia

Latest posts

Back