Misty's Crawl Space

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a pretty girl Misty is. It sounds like it was fate that you two should get together, and she certainly chose you.

I am sorry that you are having to leave Cookie, but at least you willstill be able to see him, and you have a new baby to love as well :)

Ja

I agree it is awesome that the THS spays andneuters their pets. It is the same here with thevouchers. I would much prefer it already done. Theywill do some dogs and cats before they go...but if you go in and pick adog or cat before they are done you just send the voucher in, and get arefund on the price...to my knowledge though they don't ever do rabbits.

Very cute,i think she looks like a dwarf crosswonder what she weights.that is soo great that she is already spayed.ihad a lady call me for a pet bunny i said 15 dollars she said are theyalready spayed.bluebird

bluebird wrote:
Very cute,i think she looks like a dwarf cross wonder whatshe weights.that is soo great that she is already spayed.i had a ladycall me for a pet bunny i said 15 dollars she said are they alreadyspayed.bluebird
She's about 1 pound I think - maybe less. Haven't had a chance to weighher yet, but she is about 1/2 Cookie's size, and he's 2 pounds... heseems like a little fatty now when I see him in comparison to her.

Edit: oops, addressed it to the wrong person.
_________
Nadia

I agree it is awesome that the THS spaysand neuters their pets. It is the same here with thevouchers. I would much prefer it already done. Theywill do some dogs and cats before they go...but if you go in and pick adog or cat before they are done you just send the voucher in, and get arefund on the price...to my knowledge though they don't ever dorabbits.
When I adopted Scooby last summer, he came through PetSmart at theHumane Society section they have in their store. I paid for the cost ofthe adoption and was given a certificate for a neuter. I then had totravel to the Humane Society and pay for a voucher for the neuteritself, and take the voucher to my vet. Having it set up sotherabbits are done before adoption would be best, but Isuspect they might not do it because so many simply don't find homes.:(However, at the very least they should give the person theoption of buying the voucher on the spot when the animal is adopted, ifit is at a location away from their main building, such as PetSmart. Inmy case, I don't have a car, and had to take two buses to get out tothe Humane Society (which takes forever) in order to get the voucher.

The Toronto Humane Society rocks! (I've seen their shows on tvwhen they are seeking donations, and I have always been impressed bythe way they run things.)

Oh little one! This pic made me laugh out loud:

Misty2.JPG

I can't wait to hear more stories about her.

Day 1

A quiet day in a 2 bunny household

NOT!!

Cookie is going NUTS! Usually now he's sleeping in his box,but right now he's climbing all over me - he's already jumped onto thekeyboard and closed this window twice. He jumped onto his bagof hay and slid down the basement steps this morning. He mustbe smelling Misty on my hands because he won't stop sniffing atthem. He keeps following me around the house and huntingeverywhere for the new bun. And he's been grunting and making thislittle screeching noise. I've never heard him make noisesbefore except the ocassional grunt. And as I am typing this, I lookedover and he was peeing on the sofa. UGH

Back up in the other part of the house

Misty figured out really fast how to jump out of the cage, so the lidhas to stay shut when she is in there. She is chewing oneverything. Every baseboard in the bathroom has chewmarks. She got out of the bathroom when I wasn't payingattention and left a crack in the door and snuck under my sister's bed,so spent 5 mins crawling in after her. She didn't stop forone minute all morning until I finally took her into my lapandpet her - then she fell asleep for about an hour in mylap. Active little thing that she is.

I don't know what to do about Cookie. He's uncontrollable.. Itry to wash my hands and arms after I'm with Misty, but he can stillsmell her. She's on another floor of the house - is thereanything elseyou guys can think of?

Edit: This isn't meant to sound like I'm complaining, I lovethe both of them to death, just wondering how to make Cookie'sexistence a little easier for the next 2 weeks while this little one isin the house.

_________
Nadia
and the terrible twosome

Do you have a flannel shirt, a bathroom,something you can wear over your clothes when you spend time withMisty. That way you can take it off when you around Cookie.

Maybe some hand sanitizer would help also.

Tina

What a sweet little babe! Seeing those dainty front paws and that adorable tail was like an arrow shot into my heart.

Congratulations! :balloons:

-Carolyn

Tina: good plan, I will do that from now on, my clothes are probably the big problem.

Carolyn: Her little nose is what got me, I looked over andall I saw was it mushed against the bars of the cage sniffing atme. It's half grey and half white.

________
Nadia

Nicky Snow wrote:
Nadia, i know!! Misty can stay at my house. (wink wink)

Nooooooooo *getting out my bunny napping alarm system*

_______
Nadia

omg she is SOOOO cute! she is so very lucky tohave you. i love her so much! i can see how much spunk she has in herpics.. i cant imagine being there in person with her lol are yourparents upset with the chew marks??

Congrats on finding such a sweet littlegirl! Isn't it funny how we always end up falling in lovewith the one we didn't expect?

She sounds a lot like Mocha at that age. She'll probably calm down when she's a bit older.

naturestee wrote:
She'll probably calm down when she's a bit older.
*whew* I hope so. I was pooped (no pun intended) yesterday after trying to contol these two devil bunnies.

I was sitting in my room yesterday (on the top floor of the house wereCookie has never spent a lot of time), Misty was playing in the pen inmy room and I see a flash of white butt pass by my bedroomdoor.

Cookie found his way from the den where he plays through the hall, pastthe laundry room, into the dining room, up the stairs, down the hall,and was peeking around the corner of my bedroom door.

What a little sneak he is. But of course, I couldn't be mad,because I was way too impressed that he found his way up there!! That'ssome smart bunny investigative work!

AND he used stairs for the first time. Good accomplishment,but now he's going to be so much harder to keep track. lol.

:)

Latest posts

Back