Missyscove's Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kathryn303 wrote:
It is just starting to get hot this week. Friday,it is going to finally get into the 90's (95degrees) I'mdreading it, because after that, it's just going to get hotter...andhotter...and hotter untill I think I'm going to either fry ormelt. :(
you know what I hate... when it gets so hotyou just feel like you're going to throw up.

missyscove wrote:
kathryn303 wrote:
It is juststarting to get hot this week. Friday, it is going to finallyget into the 90's (95degrees) I'm dreading it, because afterthat, it's just going to get hotter...and hotter...and hotter untill Ithink I'm going to either fry or melt. :(
you knowwhat I hate... when it gets so hot you just feel like you're going tothrow up.
Oh! I know exactly what you mean.Last year when it was summer and we were having a heat stroke here (itwas like 108 degrees all the time) well, I play the snare drum in myschool band and we had drumline practice. Well, being smallfor my age, and being forced to carry a heavy snare drum on blacktopand walk around with it for a long time was absouletlymiserable. When they finally gave us a break, I was sothirsty. I drank so much water too fast that I almost threwup. My dad bought me a milkshake afterpracticethough. :elephant:

Why do I look at homeless bunnies?This beautiful boy is at my shelter where I volunteer. Itsays he's about 5 months old. They just moved to the newshelter this weekend. I want to run out and get him, except,oh yeah, my 2 bunnies aren't bonded anymore and I'm going to be gonefor 6 weeks this summer and I'm going to college in just over ayear.

:(look how perfect.

What a cute boy!

I'm going to go let Fiona & Timmy out in the kitchen now... one of them in the playpen like I've been doing.

I want my cuddlebunnies back.

Well, not as much fighting through the bars as usual.

Fiona and I playing our towel attacking game

some lying together

Picture36.jpg

a video

I'm so glad that they're not trying to attackeachother anymore, but I'm freaked out thinking about letting themspend time together without somethign in between... considering theirpast history. I don't know what to do.

Well, they're in the kitchen, munching onveggies on opposite sides of the pen bars. I'm just terrifiedto let them out together. Any suggestions?

Well, I now have two very adorable bunniessitting in a willow basket on my lap that I shake every fewseconds. I call it the car ride method for people with nocar.

Hmm... the way I did Misty and Charlie the firsttime is I had someone help me and they were on Charlie duty, I was onMisty duty... we put them in neutral territory together, and if eitherof them lunged or charged, we scooped someone up.

By the time they were grooming and nosing each other through the cage bars, I didn't really have a problem.

If they're doing ok just seperated by the fence, I'm sure they will beok without it. Maybe try in the same room, just remove thefence... and have an extra person on hand to help you scoop one up ifthere is any agressive behavior.

Just think of how great it'll be when they are bonded!!!

See, when I bonded them the first time, therewas no biting... just alot of Fiona mounting Timmy. No bitingwhatsoever. Then they started being mean toeachother. I just get so scared when I see one of them lungeat the other one. I don't want anyone getting hurt.

So, unlike most kids who sleep in on a Saturdaymorning... I'm getting up early to head to UCLA for the SAT II's...yay! (not really.) Then I'm going to go off to theanimal shelter for the rest of the day. Wish meluck.

I got my mom to go buy oxbow pellets. :) We'remaking the switch from Kaytee Timothy complete to oxbow. Iwas happy with the kaytee, but I feel like the oxbow is just a cutabove, and I'm all about giving them the best.

We got some seeds today that we planted in a pot in the yard.Hopefully we'll be able to grow some of our own fresh bunnyveggies. They certainly won't be enough to happily feed mytwo veggie lovers, but I thought it might be fun.

Good luck on the SATs. I am silently cheeringyou. I know the feeling I am so worried about trying to add Elvis tothe trio. I don't think I will try. :?Maybe eventually Elviswill get his own friend.

The SAT II's went okay. I did UShistory and Biology-E. The History was alright, except therewere a few questions where there would be a fact, then they'd say like,who does that describe and list 5 names... of people I hadn't heardof. The Bio one was better. It was harder than thepractice one I'd done though. Oh well. I'm assumingwe'll find out by the end of the month like we did with theSAT. (I took that in March. I'll take it again,even though I did okay on this one, I think I can do evenbetter. That and I'm the kind of freakish person that likesto take standardized tests.)

I went to the shelter yesterday. I had to pick up mycommunity service forms... I have 113 hours, since July...wow.

I spent most of my time helping out in the back. I got tobottle feed one of the kittens that another employee wasfostering. That was certainly an experience as I'd never doneit before. I wish I had the time (as in didn't spend all dayat school) to take on a foster or two of my own.

Then I went back to check on the bunnies. One of the othervolunteers, Deana was in there. She has 22 rabbits of herown... and I thought 2 was hard. The tort dutch whose pictureI posted up above, is not a male, she's a female and she has a litterof 3 kits. It's almost scary, she's so youngherself. I just wanted to snatch her up and take her homewith me.

Well, I've got the two of them in the originalbonding basket in my lap now. No biting or anything:), but nogrooming either. :(

I want my bonded bunnies back!

So, I've officially sent in payment for the 6week summer program I'm doing. Now I'm just plain old gettingexcited. And my 17th birthday is coming up. I sortof suggested to my dad that I should get a new laptop for my birthdayand he agreed to it. Now I just need to find one.

Those of you who enjoyed my pictures from Italy and Belgium, France,& Switzerland... I'm signed up to go to Spain nextspring. I'll be going with my spanish teacher.She's all excited and mentions it all the time.

Latest posts

Back