Miffy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mummybunny wrote:
JimD - how did they treat Binkie's dewlap abcess? Was it a large one?

thanks!

mummybunny

xx
It was a walnut size abcess. They made an incision from top to bottomon the leftside of her dewlap (approx 1 & 1/2" long).Baytril was prescribed, but no pain meds.
She recovered well, except for pulling out her stiches.... and then chewing a hole in her dewap 4 weeks later.
I've been keeping her pretty distracted with cage modification, new toys, etc. and she hasn't bothered it too much lately.

If it's not one thing it's another eh? Stayingpositive though - she's happy in herself and doing everything sheshould be (and some things she shouldn't - like raiding the shoppingbags!!)

thanks for all your support xxx

mummybunny wrote:
If it's not one thing it's another eh? Staying positivethough - she's happy in herself and doing everything she should be (andsome things she shouldn't - like raiding the shopping bags!!)

thanks for all your support xxx
Binkie was a little toughie throughout the whole ordeal. She never didact like anything was wrong. The vet said that was a good sign that theabcess hadn't rooted and spread any further, but they didn't know forsure until the removed it. When they removed it they said that hadn'trooted and was fully "encapsuled", but we still have to keep checkingand hope that another one doesn't develop.

:laugh:Miffy's checking to see what treats you bought her!
Binkie only gets the EMPTY shopping bags. She just finished shreddingthe one I gave her this morning. I'm going to go give her a toiletpapertube filled with orchard grass to keep her busy for a while.

Just gave Miffy her night time dose of Hepatasiland Critical Care and scrubbed her abcess wound - squeezed out more pus- evil pus. It must have hurt her as she'd jump as I squeezed and wipedher - my poor baby. My husband held onto her so I could do it. I hatehurting her like that but it must be better out than in, right?

mummybunny xx

mummybunny wrote:
Just gave Miffy her night time dose of Hepatasil andCritical Care and scrubbed her abcess wound - squeezed out more pus -evil pus. It must have hurt her as she'd jump as I squeezed and wipedher - my poor baby. My husband held onto her so I could do it. I hatehurting her like that but it must be better out than in, right?

mummybunny xx
Poor little bunnie-gal :(

mummybunny wrote:
.........better out than in,

:laugh:

SHREK: *burp*

DONKEY: Shrek!
SHREK: What? It's a compliment. Better out than in, I always say. Huhuh...
DONKEY: That is no way to behave in front of a princess!
FIONA: *burp* Thanks!
DONKEY: She's as nasty as you are!
SHREK: You know, you're not exactly what I expected.
FIONA: Well, maybe you shouldn't judge people before you get to know them.

sorry..:threadhijacked..I just couldn't resist

Miffy had hospital appointment today ...andshe's put on someweight!! Don'tknow how much as hubbie took her and vet didn't say how much, just thatshe's put on some!!!She had more bloods done and vet is goingto call tomorrow or Wed with results, so hopefully I will speak to herand find out how much weight Miffy has gained, and find out her newblood results.

They're going to leave her dewlap abcess alone for now, she's got moreBaytril -( yucksays Miffy!!)and we've to keep it clean and scrub it with thesurgical scrub twice a day. They don't want to put her through thestress of an operation to remove it all, given what her system hascoped with recently, and the fact her liver may still be compromised.

We've to keep up the critical care mix feeding to keep upping her weight and no more nebuliser either - yeah!!

Will update when blood results come through...

mummybunny xx

Good to hear that Muffy has put on weight -that's a positive step forward - and that se doesn't need the nebuliserany more. I hope the blood tests come back OK, or at least showsomething that is easily treatable. Be thinking of you :)

Jan

Eep! I totally missed this!It's great that she's put some weight on now. Maybe thatmeans she's on the up even if she does have an abscess.Hopefully that will heal up nice and cleanly.

That is fantastic that Miffy has put on a bit ofweight,a little bit is better than nothing,lets hope she keeps onimproving,will be hoping that the results will come back all alright:)

cheryl

Hi all!

Vet called and now she has fur mites!!!!!! Will it ever end?!!!

She was getting very dandruffy and her hair was coming out easy withskin flakes, so when she was last at the hospital the did a hair pulland found some type of mite (beginning with 'm' - can't remember)Apparently it's contagious to humans so daddybunny and I have to lookout if we start getting a rash.

She's to get a course of 2 or 3 jabs, a week to 10 days apart for it, not just shampoo as I would have thought.

I asked about weight - she was 1.84kg 2 weeks ago and is now 1.91kg.

Blood results still not back, still on Hepatasil for liver, Baytril forabcess, surgical scrub for abcess, critical care mix for weight.

She's such a wee scraggy bunny baby - bald patch under her runny eye,bald tummy from ultrasound, bald patch on each ear from drips when inhospital, dandruffy skin and tufty fur, bald dewlap with abcess scar,mucky paws from cleaning critical care gloop off lips, balding sidelips from getting syringe fed and face wiped each time, skinny body.

But we think she's still beautiful, and so does Munchkin!!!!

Will let you know about bloods when vet calls.

Bye for now...

mummybunny xx

Oh, I could cry for poor Miffy - for all of you:(. Just when something seems to be getting better, along comessomething else. Perhaps it's like when we are ill, once you areunderthe weather, you are susceptible to all kinds of otherthings :?. You are doing such a great job, and I'm sure Miffyappreciates it.

:hug2Jan

Not been in touch for a while - Miffy doin okaythough. We treated her for the fur mites, but it only worked for halfof her body! So we have to give her a repeat dose nextweek.The front half of her body now has lots of lovely newhair and no dandruffy skin, but from her waist down she is stillscraggy and flaky.

She has, however, developed two walnut sized abcesses in her dewlap, onthe site of the one we managed to squeeze and clean. Her skin hadhealed up though so she is to go to the vet hospital next Friday for anoperation to remove the abcesses.

She is now 2.12kg, so still putting on weight, and is off the criticalcare, Baytril (as it wasn't helping abcess situation) and Hepatasil.

So, prayers please for Fiday that she deals with the anaesthetic and operation okay.

I'll let you know how we get on.....

thank you all

mummybunny xx

Back