Miffy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:pray:

Any chance your vet could try injectible penicillin? I knowthey're not *supposed* to use that in the UK because it's not approvedfor animals, but some vets will dispense it. Or maybe anantibiotic bead?

Lots of vibes headed your way!

Thanks for the update :). Glad to hear Miffy isputting on some weight. Poor girl has had so much trouble with herdewlap - I hope this op can put an end to it. I will be thinking of youbothon Friday and saying a prayer!

Jan

One of Miffy's abcesses split last night. Shewas sitting licking her dewlap over and over and so I picked her up andflipped her. She had 2 small holes and pus was coming out. We 'bunnyburitoed' her and squeezed out loads of the pus, using surgical scrubon cotton buds. She squirmed quite a bit as it must have hurt but isn'tbothering it much today.

The 2nd abcess is still intact and she flinches if it is touched so theskin must be so tight and sore under her fur - poor baby.

Still booked in for her operation on Friday...

OMG!!!!:shock:
I missed all of this....and still have to go back to read it over!:(

I have a few moments to send off some prayers and good thoughts! :(

...updates??

More later... gotta run:(

`jim

Hi all, Miffy's operation went well, but theyare keeping her in overnight to keep an eye on her. They also removedtwo small spurs from her back teeth. Poor Munchkin is wondering whereshe is!

They are going to call tomorrow morning to let us know how she is and if we can go get her.

To date, the bill for all her treatment is £1600.00. This operationwill be around £150.00. Thank goodness for insurance policies!!

Will let you lknow how she is when we get her home.

mummybunny xx

I'm pleased her op went well - I'm not suprised they are keeping her, best way to keep an eye on her.

I bet you're glad that you have Pet Insurance (is it with Petplan?).After Fudge, my first rabbit cost such a lot, we have both Perry andPernod insured through them, and it's a Godsend!

Hope Miffy is feeling better today. Give her a kiss from me!

Jan

Thank you! Yes, it's through Pet Plan. BothMiffy and Munchkin are insured. My first bunny was called Fudge too, heget an abcess behind his eye which eventually sent him to RainbowBridge. My avatar is Fudge.

Miffy is as mad as ever, grumbling about her new meds, although sheactually likes them when she is getting them, one smells like banana,the other honey!

mummybunny xx

At last! Some type of closure (I hope)

Miffy has finished all her meds, has not been given any more and is notdue back at the vet hospital for another 3 or 4 months for a toothcheckup.

So.....(tentativelyNOT tempting fate)as long as herdewlap doesn't make any more abcesses, she keeps putting on her weight,pooping/peeing/eating/acting fine and her teeth are okay...we maybe outof the woods.

Thank you all for all of your support throughout this difficult time.

mummybunny xxx

:yes:Oh, I am soooo pleased to hear this news:bunnydance:. You have given Miffy such excellent care , andshe has been such a little trooper, you should be very proud ofyourselves. I couldn't be happier for you, and I will be praying thatit continues :)

Jan

Ohh that is just absolutely wonderful,i'm so happy to hear that Miffy is so much better:D

Well done Miffy girl,she is such a little fighter:)

all the best

cheryl

Latest posts

Back