Midwest/ZooToo Shelter Makeover!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats, Midwest!! That's so neat that Pedigree did that :)I'm very proud of everyone that contributed to this success!

-Kathy

I just got back from a fun-filled day at the HSUS Animal Care Expo. I just loved meeting Debbie and Jill from Midwest. They are both awesome people. Two ladies from Gainesville Rabbit Rescue joined us. Debbie and Jill enjoyed talking "shelter" with them and exchanged some great ideas.

The awards presentation was held at the end of the General Session. It was really quite moving. I even got a little teary-eyed as I watched the 20 top finalists being announced to a standing ovation as they marched up onto the podium. We were naturally hoping that they would get in the top 20, but that's OK - $6,000 is nothing to poop on. Debbie was soooooooooo nervous, but she did great. I think she was glad I was there to give her moral support (none of the others had arrived before the start of the General Session).

We had a great time walking around the Exhibition Hall. I got lots of great give-aways. The best are a Petfinder.com t-shirt and a USB thumb drive from the ASPCA. They even served us a tasty vegan lunch.

Here's one that gonna' make all you gals jealous - Debbie and I had our picture taken with Wayne Pacelle - with his arms around us! He is such a hunk.

That's AWESOME! I'm so happy for Midwest. Did everyone get the extra money from Pedigree?

Evey wrote:
Congrats, Midwest!! That's so neat that Pedigree did that :)I'm very proud of everyone that contributed to this success!

-Kathy

Bo B Bunny wrote:
That's AWESOME! I'm so happy for Midwest. Did everyone get the extra money from Pedigree?

Evey wrote:

-Kathy
Yes, all of the top 20 finalists got the extra $1,000.

First off: Congratulations again to the Midwest folks on their achievment. I am sure that the $6000 will be put to good use for caring for bunnis in need. I am glad that I was able to help get Midwest into the top 20 and win the prize.

I have been reading some of the journal entries on zootoo written by Washington Area Humane Society supporters. Holy cow are they mad! They felt that since they were so far in the lead in the contest that they were guaranteed a spot in the top 3. Their point totals were astounding, they won by more points than Midwest was able to get in total, and they only came away with the $6000.

I got a email from zootoo saying we can earn more money for MWRR by still using zootoo I will do more research but If that was already said Sorry here is the email I got

[align=center]

Helping Hands[/align]
We are also proud to introduce a new program that allows you to generate money for your shelter or rescue. All you need to do is keep using Zootoo.com's many fun features! Write reviews, answer questions, comment on news and share information to help other pet lovers, and Zootoo.com writes the checks.

[align=left]
helpinghandscheck.gif

dotted1.gif

[/align]
[align=center]

How It Works:

[align=right]
1.gif
[/align]
You provide the content, Google places the ads next to your content (journals, events, photos, reviews, etc)..

[align=right]
2.gif
[/align]
Those ads generate revenue which we share with your shelter or rescue.

[align=right]
3.gif
[/align]
The better your content, the more helpful it is to others and the better the chance they will respond.[/align]

And the link they give

zootoo.com/helpinghands/

osprey wrote:
First off: Congratulations again to the Midwest folks on their achievment. I am sure that the $6000 will be put to good use for caring for bunnis in need. I am glad that I was able to help get Midwest into the top 20 and win the prize.

I have been reading some of the journal entries on zootoo written by Washington Area Humane Society supporters. Holy cow are they mad! They felt that since they were so far in the lead in the contest that they were guaranteed a spot in the top 3. Their point totals were astounding, they won by more points than Midwest was able to get in total, and they only came away with the $6000.
LOL, what a bunch of sore losers!!! Those journal entries are amusing. They actually got an extra $5, 000 for getting the most points, so they got $11,000 total.

slavetoabunny wrote:
osprey wrote:

LOL, what a bunch of sore losers!!! Those journal entries are amusing. They actually got an extra $5, 000 for getting the most points, so they got $11,000 total.
WOW what horrible losers! $6,000 is nothing to shake a stick at, and $11,000 is certainly nothing to be ashamed of. wow. I hope they never win a contest at zoo too in the future for their poor behavior.

I cannot believe that they are that unappreciative! The contest clearly states that it will be the top 20 that they choose from AFTER THEIR VISITS!

I could START a nice shelter with $5000! A small barn and a few cages...... so they should be really happy with the prize money.

I'm absolutely thrilled for Midwest! I know they are so happy about that money also! I think they would appreciate anything that would help feed a bunny for a time.... and that's how it should be!

The little "retrospective" video that they did about the shelters in the contest was very well done. I saw at least 3 rabbits in there, which would certainly not have been present if Midwest had not done as well as they did (If I read one more "the contest helps cats & dogs" post on zootoo I am going to scream". The conditions at some of these shelters are absolutely appalling, outdoor dog runs with plastic tarps for roofs, leaky facilities, awful stuff. I could not help but wonder if a private individual housed their animals that way, they'd get a fine and the animals would be confiscated, but because these are shelters it is somehow OK. It is really a shame that only one of the shelters got the big proze, they all would be able to put it to good use.

osprey! you are so right - the conditions are awful in some of them! I am going to ask Leaf (she worked on The Stray Rescue of St. Louis' zootoo) because I believe this might be the shelter she helped during the floods.... it was bad.

I am so happy for them! I am so proud of the hard work we at RO did for Midwest and how gracious they have been for their $6000 award!

Most of all I am SO happy for all of the animals that are benefitting from this wonderful contest! Zootoo is helping so many in so many ways!

If anyone is interested in another internet contest, one of the people on BinkyBunny.com has posted a photo of his bunnies on his desk at work in the latest petsource.org photo contest (this is the one that I recently won for The Rabbit Haven.) He is trying to win the prize for Save A Bunny. http://petsource.org

I forgot to mention that he uploaded a few bad photos before he got the one he wanted. If you want to participate, plese vote for the one labeled "(please vote on this pic)"

Back