Midwest/ZooToo Shelter Makeover!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are going to have additional rabbit support at the Animal Care Expo in Orlando. A few of the people from Gainesville Rabbit Rescue are going to be there cheering Midwest on. The people from Gainesville are great and are looking forward to "talking rabbit" with Midwest.

slavetoabunny wrote:
We are going to have additional rabbit support at the Animal Care Expo in Orlando. A few of the people from Gainesville Rabbit Rescue are going to be there cheering Midwest on. The people from Gainesville are great and are looking forward to "talking rabbit" with Midwest.

Patti,

Our rep, Debbie is going to be at the Expo and I think one of our co-founders, Jill may also be there too! That would be great though if there was another bunny group (outside of yourself of course) to cheer Midwest on!

I'll let Debbie and Jill know.

Laura

Patti, do you know anything definite about the cost of attending? Denise just called and left a message on my voicemail. Apparently shes in FL right now with no access to the internet and shes wondering whether or not to go.

She wanted to know the price of admission and also Jill, if youre seeing this, or Laura, if you know, is Jill going?

Haley wrote:
Patti, do you know anything definite about the cost of attending? Denise just called and left a message on my voicemail. Apparently shes in FL right now with no access to the internet and shes wondering whether or not to go.

She wanted to know the price of admission and also Jill, if youre seeing this, or Laura, if you know, is Jill going?

She has gotten this information before. It is FREE. Here is a copy of the email that Jill sent to both of us with all the info for registering for free. Could you please forward it to her.

Hi Denise and Patti! I called HSUS today to get details about the zootoo portion of the expo in Orlando. It will be on Thursday, but the guy I spoke with didn't know what time. I left a message for Debbie in case she knows. Registration for the one day only is free! To register for free, type zootoo (all lowercase) under the discount code:

http://hsus.org/about_us/events.html#Animal_Care_Expo

I believe that gives you access to the full day of sessions, including a welcome from Wayne Pacelle and "talks from renowned cartoonists Berkeley Breathed and Patrick McDonnell."

See you there! Jill

Thanks Haley!

lilbitsmom wrote:
slavetoabunny wrote:
We are going to have additional rabbit support at the Animal Care Expo in Orlando.  A few of the people from Gainesville Rabbit Rescue are going to be there cheering Midwest on.  The people from Gainesville are great and are looking forward to "talking rabbit" with Midwest.

Patti,

Our rep, Debbie is going to be at the Expo and I think one of our co-founders, Jill may also be there too!  That would be great though if there was another bunny group (outside of yourself of course) to cheer Midwest on!

I'll let Debbie and Jill know.

Laura

\

This is awesome! I'll actually be spending the 2 days before the Expo in Gainesville...Patti do you have contact info for the G'ville rabbit rescue people? I'm leaving tomorrow, but will have some e-mail access along the way. Thanks! Jill

slavetoabunny wrote:
Patti,

At our press conference, Richard Thompson told everyone there that he would hand out 20 envelopes on May 15th. 17 groups would get the $5000 and the other three would get plane tickets to New York City where the winner would be revealed on a morning show.

I wonder if that is still what he is planning to do!?!? How exciting! I hope Debbie gets a plane ticket to New York. Let's hope that she can actually go and that her new job doesn't give her a hard time!

Laura

Wouldnt you be so mad if you were one of the three to go to NY and then you only got the 5k that everyone else in FL got? Id be majorly ticked off!

Haley wrote:
Wouldnt you be so mad if you were one of the three to go to NY and then you only got the 5k that everyone else in FL got? Id be majorly ticked off!
Well, you would get an expense paid trip to New York City. That would be cool. Also, the three finalists get to go on national TV (I believe the Today show) and that would be great publicity for the finalist shelters.

Ya know you would think this multi millionaire would foot the bill, but I wouldn't be surprised if you get a plane ticket to go to New York, but the rest of the trip is at your expense.

He's not putting any money out for the Florida thing. And we spent money trying to get ready for the zootoo visit and then also he wanted us to have lunch for him and his crew.

Today's the big day! If anyone hears anything let us know. We have our fingers and paws all crossed up here in Michigan. Even 5k will do a lot of good for the bunnies :)

I can't believe it is finally here. I've kind of put it out of my mind because we are back to running the shelter on a daily basis and not thinking about this contest anymore, but WOW I can't believe it is finally here!

Debbie must absolutely being going nuts. She is a little firecracker to begin with on a normal day, so she probably didn't sleep last night and is just twitching she's so nervous! I hope she is at least enjoying the sunshine and people she's meeting.

If I hear anything from her I'll send a note asap! I'm hoping that she will call at least one of us in the group and then that person can send out an email or something!

I wish I knew what time of day this was going to happen!

Laura

Haley wrote:
Today's the big day! If anyone hears anything let us know. We have our fingers and paws all crossed up here in Michigan. Even 5k will do a lot of good for the bunnies :)

Well, I was just told by one of the other board members that Debbie is planning to call her or text her once the envelopes are opened and she will spread the info out to us. I will let you all know.

I asked her what time today and she thought that she might not hear from Debbie until 11 or 12PM.

Ugh, this is torture!!!

WELL - THE ENVELOPES HAVE BEEN PASSED OUT AND MIDWEST WON $5,000.00plus an additional $1,000 from Pedigree!!

How awesome is that!!!!

Our girls Debbie and Jill are so excited and overwhelmed that they don't really remember who was in the TOP 3! hahahahah

Our phone call was brief, but I got the sense that it was all very exciting and they are very happy just to receive the $6,000.00

Thanks to everyone that has been supporting Midwest! We couldn't have done any of this without you! We love you dearly! You are wonderful and we will continue to do our best for bunnies all over the United States and Canada with your love and support!

Laura:biggrin2:

Back