Midwest/ZooToo Shelter Makeover!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipp

Reaction score
Got an error message when I tried to post in the 50+ page Makeover thread, something may begoing a little wonky with our tables again, thought it best to pull it until we're sure it's not going to crash the forum!!

Post in this one, and once it's stabilized and/or the error found, the threads can be merged.

:thanks:

sas

Is/has Midwest done a thank you note? I really have to post one (with the results) in all the bunny forums that helped so much with the rally.

I'd like to extend a big FAT personal thanks toAlicia/JADEICING for helping me out so much on that!

She really came through.Everytime I turned around, there she was!! :big kiss:

The Bunderground peeps and others need to be singled out, too. Must make a list!

sas :thanks:

Pipp wrote:
Is/has Midwest done a thank you note? I really have to post one (with the results) in all the bunny forums that helped so much with the rally.

I'd like to extend a big FAT personal thanks toAlicia/JADEICING for helping me out so much on that!

The Bunderground peeps and others need to be singled out, too. Must make a list!

Midwest has a board meeting tonight and that is a topic on our agenda. I'm sure we will do something formal here very quickly.

Although, Jill has put a journal comment on zootoo.com thanking all of our supporters and I think she sent out an email thanking people.

I will get back in touch with you on this one. But I'm sure it is forthcoming!

Thanks again for all of your help!!

Laura (lilbitsmom)

Pipp wrote:

I liked it! I had fun!

lilbitsmom wrote:
Pipp wrote:

Midwest has a board meeting tonight and that is a topic on our agenda. I'm sure we will do something formal here very quickly.

Although, Jill has put a journal comment on zootoo.com thanking all of our supporters and I think she sent out an email thanking people.

I will get back in touch with you on this one. But I'm sure it is forthcoming!

Thanks again for all of your help!!

Laura (lilbitsmom)

I'll bet the mood in that board meeting is going to be rather jovial!

I wonder how long it's going to take Zootoo to start scheduling site visits? Have they contacted you at all about being in the top 20. If they are going to make the announcement for the million dollar winner on May 15th, then they need to move pretty quick. Please keep us updated!! I don't see how they can't help but feel Midwest is sorely in need of a makeover. I think I'm going to go to some of the other top 20 websites and take a look at their facilities.

Columbus Cat Welfare got a new facility a few years ago. it's so much better than the old one.

There is a facility in New London Ohio that is in the top 20 and they have a lousy space - old junky house trailers. But they have hot water and bathroom.

Now wait a minute:

Can't they still take away points and stuff now? Or did they finally say those 20 are definitely the top 20? and is it the whole top 20 that gets judged for the final awards?

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Now wait a minute:

Can't they still take away points and stuff now? Or did they finally say those 20 are definitely the top 20? and is it the whole top 20 that gets judged for the final awards?
Yes, now they are supposed to go over the top 20 and make sure all reviews meet their terms and conditions. Hopefully, this is where they'll pick up on all those one word reviews. Believe me, if I think something hinky is going on I'll be checking to see if those one word reviews are getting deleted. The whole top 20 is eligible for the top award.

Some bits and bites...

I have a copy of Peg's last 5 second of the standings. We had 757,363 points.

First place Washington had 16,184 members. :shock:

Second place Stray Rescue of St. Louis has 9272 members.

20th place Cat Welfare Association has 869 members. A few of them did reviews on Midwest. As Ion for theirs. http://www.zootoo.com/shelters/zip43214_catwelfareassociation2

The City of Ellensburg Animal Shelterwho finished at the 22 spot stopped competing because they ended upbeing disqualified because they are a municipal which doesn't allow them any money.

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Some bits and bites...

I have a copy of Peg's last 5 second of the standings. We had 757,363 points.

First place Washington had 16,184 members. :shock:

Second place Stray Rescue of St. Louis has 9272 members.

20th place Cat Welfare Association has 869 members. A few of them did reviews on Midwest. As Ion for theirs. http://www.zootoo.com/shelters/zip43214_catwelfareassociation2

The City of Ellensburg Animal Shelterwho finished at the 22 spot stopped competing because they ended upbeing disqualified because they are a municipal which doesn't allow them any money.

Woot! We finished with a LOT more points than I thought. Congratulations to everyone involved in that last three day push. Ya did good!!

I feel so bad for the Ellensburg folks. Could you imagine how devasting it would be to find out at the last minute that you are disqualified? All that work.

Another thought - everyone should check their accounts periodically so we can tell if there is much fallout. Thankfully, most of our points are from registrations, which will stick.

I'm really positive about Midwest being able to stay in the top 20. I am already making plans to attend the awards presentation in Orlando (how convenient) and see Midwest get their $1 million makeover.

BTW....if you haven't saved your reviews, do it now. Print it out from the website so there is a date stamp on it and also save it into a word document.

slavetoabunny wrote:
I'm really positive about Midwest being able to stay in the top 20. I am already making plans to attend the awards presentation in Orlando (how convenient) and see Midwest get their $1 million makeover.
I was checking around today for information about the convention too. I couldn't find anything, but I can only assume it will be at the convention center, which is about 15 minutes down the road from me. If it's open to the public then I'm there for sure.

Since I don't have to worry about posting reviews, monitoring activity, etc.; my mind is jumping into the future with some ideas about the site visit. Midwestmay have already discussed some or all of these ideas, but I thought I would throw them out:

1) Is Midwest assembling a professional-looking "press handout" for the site visit. I don't know the proper term for it - Pipp could probably tell us. In addition to printed material, I think a CD of videos and pictures would be great.

2) Find out if the site visits are public events. If they are, then promote a huge supporter rally. I'll fly up for it! Even if they are not public events, you should still be able to get some press coverage.

3) During the site visit, be sure and direct them down the block to the restrooms.

Midwest: This may be a good fundraising activity. Promote your message on your home page and send an email blast detailing how you need funds to produce your press handouts and other makeover related expenses needed to win that $1MM. I think you have an excellent chance of earning the $1MM, but some money needs to be spent to do it. I am reasonably proficient at graphic arts and could produce a tri-fold brochure to include.

I'll probably think of more ideas (scary thought), this is just a few to throw out there.

Hope wrote:
slavetoabunny wrote:
I was checking around today for information about the convention too. I couldn't find anything, but I can only assume it will be at the convention center, which is about 15 minutes down the road from me. If it's open to the public then I'm there for sure.
The expo is down in Disney. I looked into it and the expo itself is not open to the public, but I suspect this event will probably be. I can't image they wouldn't want shelter supporters in the audience rooting their shelter on.

Hey Jill!!!

You can be expecting a thank you note for Midwest from the PR director at Columbus Cat Welfare (CWA). They are a cause dear to my heart and ended up in 20th place. Some of us here helped them outin the last hoursby giving helpfulness points. They are very grateful that other competing shelters gave them the help to stay in the top 20.

Apparently 3 othershelters, not in the top tier, also had members giving them helpfulness during the final hours. Any way, they want to send a hand written thank you. I gave them the PO Box address from the web site. I think all the cat people in Columbus, OH have learned a lot of good things aboutbunny people.

Ann

PS I think I might like to drive up on the shelter visit day so I can at least stand outside, wave and hold up pictures of Dr. Melody Frankenbunny.

It was back up that early morning for about 12 hours I guess. I saw it and where we ended.

slavetoabunny wrote:
Bo B Bunny wrote:
Well, That's going to be interesting. They've taken down the list of final scores.
That happened immediately at midnight. I don't even know what our final score was.

I think I'm suffering from post-zootoo traumatic distress syndrome! I woke up in the middle of the night from a zootoo dream with my right hand clawing at the bed covers looking for my mouse so I could give helpfulness points.

Good morning ladies!

Slavetoabunny - I totally sympathize with your ptds. We're having that in our home as well - bigtime!!!! We can't stop talking about it and thinking about it and dreaming about it too. In fact, we have so much energy we don't know what to do. I keep suggesting that we use all that energy positively to CLEAN, but everyone seems to scatter as soon as I say the forbidden "C" word! :p

Midwest had their board meeting last night and as you can imagine we spoke of mostly ZOOTOO. We have to immediately fill out a bunch of paperwork and send it back answering their questions and showing proof of a few things.

We've got another meeting next week though to set our priorities for getting ready for the visit. We have a lot of things to do and most likely, not much time to do them in!!! We're going to scramble I'm sure.

Once we hear back from zootoo about when they are coming, we'll let everyone know in case they want to drive up and cheer us on (Seniorcats and whomever else is inclined!!!!).

Thanks for all of the suggestions Patti on things we should do to prepare for the visit. I'll take those with me to the meeting next week and suggest all of them. They are awesome ideas. Keep em' coming!

Have a good Wednesday!!

Laura

Back