Midwest Rabbit Rescue needs some help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha that one is actually one of the friendliest too!

MBB, the mom reminds me a little of Reese (her colors) shes so pretty!

Actually Spring and I were just discussing last night how much she reminded me of Reese. And that was just after talking about how cute the videos of Reese were and that is probably why I want her so much! I alsohave a soft spot for those others would likely overlook because of not being the friendliest, so that just makes her harder to resist.

6mnths you 6mnths me?

myLoki wrote:
Oh alright. But only because you're closer and would give him/her a great home. ;)

t.

JadeIcing wrote:
Nope I want the broken black.

myLoki wrote:
No! :nonono:That's Camael! I'll throw down with you! :muscleman:

t.:heartbeat:

JadeIcing wrote:
Thats my moo cow.His or her name is Brennen.

Haley wrote:
Bunnies148.jpg

Bunnies145.jpg

Wow Haley ..thats great of you to take them..they are really really cute!
The mom looks like my Babette .. and one of the babies looks just like EmmaLee
I would think the shelter mayhave less trouble adopting outthese cuties than maybe some of the plainer bunnies. I feel sorry for ALL of them especially the plainer bunnies.:(

Oh god, this thread was a shock! That bunny looks just like Annabell. I burst into tears when I saw it.

Annabell:
DSC08839.jpg

DSC08834.jpg

I miss her so much, and have no idea if she is ok or not.

Haley I work Friday and Saturday. Depending on when you bring them maybe I can give you a hand. I'm going there tomorrow, need me to start making room.......hahaha. I wish you went Monday mornings too, half the time I'm alone:(

I want a baby so bad. My buns would hate me though.

Haley, remember the pictures from our web pages of the SRR youngens?

Most pics werecropped to remove the fertilizer-producing capabilities of 2 week, 4 week, six week, 8 week old bunnies... Thank Heavens our dirtdevil vac sucked up the mini poos every day! I was ecstatic to see some 2 week old kids using the litter pan. Hooray, hooray. Aaaahhh, what's all this over here?? It took quite a few more weeks before that became routine and habit.

You don't know messy until they live ontwo layers of rugs, on top of a tarp,in your bedroom. Nothing beats the cuteness & messiness, of baby bunnies!

Bright side: Be Grateful they are poo'ing, peeing maniacs. Meaning digestive things are up to par. YAY. Healthyplumbing.

Am thinking of you, foster gran'ma Julie

seniorcats: I hear you. How could somebody threaten to cook? sbhmn slme.

{{ Good thing there are caring folks like Haley and others to accept these innocent beings. }}

Aww thanks guys. Its been a draining week so far and its only Tuesday! Its not helping that I start school tomorrow. :(

So the lady who surrendered told me the babies were about 6 weeks. She also said they were born at the end of June (she was dumb so maybe she couldnt count?) I looked at my calendar and even if they were born the last day of June that makes them 8 weeks this week.

One tried to nurse the other night and mom got angry. She was humping another. I had planned to separate them but she hasnt done it since. I know they need to be separated this week but Im thinking I may wait until they get to the shelter. Im just not sure, maybe it would be less stressful to separate them now?

I just feel bad for mom, she loves those babies and I hate to take them away from her.

No, not stressful at all. Best of luck with determining their genders at that tender age. They can fool ya!!

There was dominance humping going on with our rescued batch of babies also, Haley. We separated them and found out later we mis-calculated a couple genders! By then they were past the ability to impregnate the opposite sex.
We knew by 7-8 weeks we wouldn't be able to handle more surprise births. Our moms were actually relieved and did fine. With Cuddles' babies, 7 hungry monsters were chasing her down to nurse and she did her best to to avoid being the milk machine.

I cared for a mother who conceived at 5 months and gave birth on 12/25.

Thanks for the info Julie.

I ended up separating them last night. I put mom in a cage that sits up next to the babies' pen so they can see and smell eachother. And I let her out for a while yesterday and today so she could see them from outside the pen. They all seem to be doing ok.

so I looked at the pics even more, and I'm very serious about taking a baby, Haley! Call me when you get this, please :0)

I feel like Im going to pass out. I went down to the shelter around 3:00 and am just getting home now at 10:00.

Its hard to not feel depressed when I leave there. Everyone is doing so much to care for all these bunnies and keep the place clean, but with ~140 theres just no way to keep up. The flies are the worst.

Seeing Latte look at me like she wants out of there- I just want to cry :(

Mom and babies are safe and sound though. :)

PS. Julia, did you see those two dutch buns in the office room that look just like my Basil and Max? Like exactly..I almost brought them home.

Didn't you used to foster a Latte? Or am I thinking of another rabbit of someone else's?

Peg

Haley wrote:
Seeing Latte look at me like she wants out of there- I just want to cry :(

Latest posts

Back