Midwest Rabbit Rescue needs some help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haley

Reaction score
I got a call today fromMidwest asking me to help get a mom lop and her 7 babies from a woman near Lansing. Apparently the woman's daughter's boyfriend had bred the girl bunny to a boy and set the boy loose. The woman was able to get the lop and the babies but had no clue how to care for them (long story but her daughter was hospitalized and the boyfriend was talking about cooking them).

So I now have the mom and her 7 beautiful babies. I have 16 bunnies in my house :shock:until they can make room at the shelter (hopefully next weekend). They have over 130 bunnies right now and adoptions are few and far between.

If anyone is interested these babies will be up for adoption in the next few weeks when they are weaned (they are about 6 weeks).

Or if anyone would like to make a donation it would help so much. All 8 of these bunnies need to be spayed and neutered asap. www.rabbitrr.org

Heres some pics of mom and the babies getting settled in:

Bunnies131.jpg

Bunnies153.jpg

Bunnies150.jpg

Bunnies148.jpg

Bunnies147.jpg

Bunnies145.jpg

Bunnies144.jpg

Oh my goodness... I want the mama and the baby in the second picture right in the front!:inlove:I'm so glad you got them in your care and I hope they all find wonderful homes.

Oh Haley - they are adorable.

How can you stand so much cuteness overload?

Peg

Oh I'm so jealous!

I would so take a couple and mom if I was closer.. I just love the little black helicopter eared guy! :D

I hope these babies find homes, they'll make lots of people happy! :)

16 bunnies!!!!! OMG! How do you have time to eat and sleep? That's so labor intensive. Bless you for taking in these babies. The mom is gorgeous, simply gorgeous.

Hey if you have an address for the worthless piece ofsubhuman slime who bred her and dumped the other rabbit, let me know. I have the urge to be a 'hit woman' when I grow up.I could easily practice on this guy.

Wow...16...you're so amazing, Haley. I wish I could send you a huge SOMETHING to show you how wonderful you are for doing as much as you are for these amazing sweeties we call bunnies. I hope to soon have a home big enough to accomodate and help so many babies...:)

MAJOR hugs to you (and your husband!)

Rosie*

oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how cute, i love momma, and i love all the babies, who couldnt. And love those helicopter ears,lol. Good luck finding homes for them

Oh man Haley haha, sorry you have been taken over bybuns!! You know this is NOT GOOD right? Cause I am going to go into the shelter next Monday, and there they will be. And I will feed them and pet them and take them home, haha.

Still no more buns til I get a bigger place, you know how Ozzy was with other buns...

BUT I probably will get more when I have a house, I know those babies won't be at the shelter long.

No one warned me- baby bunnies are sooo messy!!

I had to babysit overnight last night so I just got home and the living room is just a complete mess. They were only here for less than 24 hours and there was poop,pee, wet food everywhere!! Then I let them out to run and that was a huge mistake. They were bouncing all over the place and getting into everything (which did not make Max 2.0 and Nigel happy.

Luckily I only have them till Friday or Saturday. Are you working both days this weekend Julia? You have to meet them, theyre so cute!

And the mom is so pretty but so scared. I feel so bad for her :(

So anyone want one? You can come get them all right now ;)

Haley wrote:
No one warned me- baby bunnies are sooo messy!!

I had to babysit overnight last night so I just got home and the living room is just a complete mess. They were only here for less than 24 hours and there was poop,pee, wet food everywhere!! Then I let them out to run and that was a huge mistake. They were bouncing all over the place and getting into everything

:laugh:Those are baby bunnies for you. While I miss the cuteness... I don't miss the antics, always on your toes with baby bunnies!

I seriously want the momma... :sad:

Oh my goodness Haley. What a work load:shock:. You are so incredibly awesome for taking these guys in:hug:.

I just love the momma, she's gorgeous! That's too bad the shelter is so full:(.

I hope they all get great homes. I'll see about making a donation for them too.

Oh alright. But only because you're closer and would give him/her a great home. ;)

t.

JadeIcing wrote:
Nope I want the broken black.

myLoki wrote:
No! :nonono:That's Camael! I'll throw down with you! :muscleman:

t.:heartbeat:

JadeIcing wrote:
Thats my moo cow.His or her name is Brennen.

Haley wrote:

Latest posts

Back