Max's Update

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haley, if cutting the hay doesn't work, have youlooked at ordering 100% hay pellets? I posted the info inPipp's thread. It's just a way to get more fiber in him, ifhe needs it.:)

Do you think he will need it? I dont know muchabout that sort of thing ;)I was just thinking of hay for thepurpose of grinding down the teeth (which I know is being done withother things, I didnt even think of the fiber content of his diet.

Im sure if I grind the hay up and put it in with his food he will eatit. Do you think a coffee grinder will work or food processor? Ivenever tried it with hay!

Thanks for all your help!

Thanks everyone for your support and kind words.I would not have been able to get through all this without you guys. Ireally think its fate that I found this forum in June, just aboutamonth after he started getting sick.

He ate some hay this morning too! I took Angela's advice and ripped upthe hay pieces into about 1inch sections. I put a hole pile in front ofhim and he gobbled it up. He was loving the bluegrass orchard hay (wegot it a few months ago but he hasnt been able to eat hay until now).Hes such a good little boy!

YAYAYYYY!!!! :happydance:woohoo

That's such awesome news!!:yes: I :heartbeat::dutch, and I'm so :jumpforjoy: he's feeling so much better!!

This is :blueribbon: so far on the threads I've read thus fartoday. Awesome job Max and Mama!!:thumbup We love you so much, and will continue praying forcontinued healing and strength for all involved...:)

Love always,

Rosie and the Gang :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance: (and eventually:bunnydance::bunnydance:)

Thanks Rosie! I am thrilled beyond belief. Evenif it does come back, this has given him some relief for now (somethingthat he and I both desperately needed).

I have good news! He is eating hard pellets and hay on hisown! I was chopping up the hay, but I guess he figured he's too machofor that. He has to eat one piece at a time, but hes doing it!

He is also putting weight back on, which makes me so happy. He just looks so healthy right now!

He's chasing Basil around the room and binkying as I type

:happyday:

Great news Haley.

Now we need some updated pictures of that Handsome Bunny.:headflick::rabbithop:dutch

Susan:bunnydance:

Well done, Max and Haley. I think your story andstruggle to make Max better gives hope to a lot of us. I amso happy for you.

I agree, though, that we could use some new photos of your little man (all of them, really ;)).

Jan

Whats that you say, Ladies? More pics of me? I'll go ask mom to update my blog :D

Bunnies106.jpg

Love, Max

I'm so happy to hear that Max is doing better.

It seems like its been such a long (and expensive) time for you to gothrough.....I really hope he not only gets healthy but STAYS that waytoo.

Peg

I could never get enought pics of thosetwo!! Never. They are absolutelyprecious. How about another vid soon?:stikpoke

Hey, I was wondering too. You mentioned awhile back that theyare free roaming in your room. Do they have many accidents?

Thanks Peg, I could sure use a breakfinancially. Its so hard paying these vet bills because I only workpart time. It seems like any spending money I have after bills goesstraight to Max. I really hope he stays well. Im keeping him on theinjections indefinitely.

And AngelnSnuffy: I'll try to get another video soon, although they arepretty lazy bunnies so I dont usually get much on video other than themlaying around ;)

They are pretty good about accidents. I built them a large NIC pen thatIve been putting them in when I go to school or work. Max startedpeeing in my bed when he got sick (he would stay up there all day if Ilet him) so I knew I had to do something. Other than that, theyrepretty good. He's not doing that anymore now that he isbetter. They leave poops on the floor at night, so I have a little handvac and I just sweep in the morning when I get up. Its worth it thoughto have them running around and snuggling in my bed.;)

How sweet! I sure am glad Maxipad is better. It's a darn miracle. I'm very happy for you and him.

That's great that they don't really have accidents! I was thinking Max did when he was sick.:)

P.S. What are you going to school for? Paralegal?:D

Latest posts

Back