Max's Update

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haley

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know Max is goingtomorrow to see the vet dentist who originally removed his abscessedtooth. Im pretty sure its back in his jaw now,heres hopingthey can help him.

He's on PenG right now, if the vet thinks its bad he'll operate on Maxtomorrow. As you can imagine, this is all wearing me down :(

:pray::pray::pray:

Lots and lots of prayers to you and Max, hopefully all will go well and this illness will get sorted out once and for all soon.

I know exactly how you feel, words cannot really comfort you, but knowthat we are all here for you, and sending good vibes to Max.

Hugs to you and the little man :hug1

Oh Haley, I feel so bad for you andMax. This must be so very hard. I'll keep both ofyou in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted, I know youwill.

Good Luck! :magicwand: :pray:

oh haley. . . i hope that everything goes well. . .

herman, winnie, and i will be thinking of you and max all tomorrow. . .

We're praying for both you & Max and the vet & everyone else from here.....dying to find out what happens..

Peg

Well, its not so great news

The dentist said that he thinks the molars on that same side areabscessed all along the jaw. He said the surgery is complicated and theprognosis isnt great if he were to go in there and remove jaw bone andthe teeth to eradicate the abscessed area. He said on a healthy rabbitit would be one thing, but he was so worried about Max's breathing.

He said in his opinion it was just too much risk to put Max under andthrough such a stressful surgery in the condition he is in. So I guesswe're going to get more aggressive with the Bicillin injections andsupplement that with pain meds.

We just have to keep him as comfortable as possible. Poor Guy.

I amthinking ofyou and Max, and he will bein my prayers daily. :pray:

I hope you are doing ok Haley, this must be a very stressful time foryou. Max is very lucky to have a bunny mum whotakes such goodcare of him. He is a brave little fighter and I hope that the Bicillininjections help with the abscesses.

Sending you lots of love and hugs :hug2:,

Eve

Haley have you looked into the Zithromax? It isbeing used more and more with better results. Not sure it would workbut worth a shot.

He is in my prayers as are you.

Thanks everyone for your kind words. It reallymeans a lot to me. Im trying very hard to stay positive, but its soheartbraking when you feel so helpless.

Alicia, I just heard of Zithromax this week, is it somethinginjectible? I'll have to look into it. We did switch from PenG toBicilin, so I can give the shots every other day instead of everyday. And the lady who runs the rescue where I volunteer wasnice enough to give me a few months supply so I dont have to pay somuch at the vets.

Max has really become my heart bunny over the past few months. I neverthought we would be this close. I think he feels safe withme. He sleeps in bed with me every night now. I have a little toweldown in case of accidents and he will stay there 24/7 if I let him :)

Latest posts

Back