Max's Update

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Haley, I'm so glad to hear that Max is feeling somewhat better. He's a real trooper and so are you.

Daisy Mae & Jackie send lots of kisses to Max, but don't tell Mr Tumnus :heartbeat:she doesn't want him to get jealous.

Susan and the gang

PS Buttercup and Wilbur send nose rubbies to Max.

Happy dance for Max!!!!!!:bunnydance:

Is the vet sure the breathing problems weren't being complicated bytooth root issues? Because it really wouldn't surprise me ifthey were at least complicating the problem.

I'll tell Loki he should binky more tonight.:D

YAY for Max feeling a bit better!!! Imissed the update and was wondering how our little guy wasdoing. (snuggles) for Max!

________
Nadia

Yay for Max! Fiona is packing up allher stuff... something about needing to nurse her Dutch buddy back tohealth... Timmy said he'd take care of Basil.

You know I bet that the abscess was affectinghis respiratory infection because if an animal or a person has multipleinfections it takes its toll on the immune system and creates asituation where there is so much going on the immune system can'thandle it all
I would guess that his overall health will improve:elephant:You GO Max!!!!!!!

OH, YAY!!!!! That's such wonderfulnews...the struggle has been long and difficult for you both, it's sowonderful to see an improvement. And I'm sure it's such arelief for you both.

Keep it up Mr. Max...you've got tons of people and bunnies rootin' for ya, Sweetheart!!!
[align=center]:heartbeat::party0002::party0002::party0002::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:
[/align][align=center]
[/align]

He's actually doing great! He has a recheck nextweek, but he seems to be healing nicely. He has a lot of energy andseems very healthy right now compared to how he had been the past fewmonths. He also has an appetite like a horse!

His breathing is actually better as well. Theres still a slight wheezeto his breathing, but nothing like it was, and a lot less nasaldischarge.

Hey Offspring, how long was Penny on the injections of bicillin? Imkind of self medicating with that (I got a bunch of it from the rescuewhere I volunteer bc my vet kept telling me the shots should be once aweek when I knew that it should be every other day.) Im just wonderinghow long to keep it up. Its been about a month of it and Im thinking ofat least another month or so until we know for sure the abscess isntcoming back.

And naturestee, I think you hit the nail on the head, while the abscesswasnt causing the nasal problems, it was complicating things. Hereshoping he continues to improve!

Penny has been on it since Sept. 06.Doc still doesn't want to take her off. I will ask him whenhe wants her to get off of it.

EDIT: I'm so happy that he is doing great (knock on wood).Since he has recurring abscesses, well two in 6 months, I would keephim on bicillin for a while, just to make sure.

Thanks! None of my vets seem to be experiencedwith it..even though I keep printing stuff off and showing them. grr! Ithought it would be best to just keep him on it indefinitely. I figureit canr hurt since he has showed no side effects.

Could he have had some sort of growth in hisnose or nasal cavity that the tube helped eliminate? Thatwould explain the blood. (I kept thinking they should tubehimeven in the early days of his wheezing, justtosee if they couldfeel a blockage).

So glad he's feeling better!:hug:

sas :hearts

I dont think so because they did a nasal flushonce before and it was the same thing. The vet who did the nasal flushsaid he was able to look all the way up there and there was nothing. Hesaid the blood was because his nasal passage was so raw and sensitive.

Im truly amazed though, his breathing is almost 100 percent right now.Im hoping it stays this way.A big thanks to everyone whohelped me decide to not give up and to go in for a second opinion onthe abscesses..it was all becoming so discouraging.

I really think that all that infection in his mouth was causing hisbody too much stress to fight the nasal problem. He seems like a newbunny right now.

Oh, and I just found out TSC sells both Bicillin and PenG for 10 bucks a bottle! Im thrilled!

:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

YAY FOR MAX!!! This is great news! I'm so happy things are looking up for the little guy.

This is so great to hear!:bunnydance:That sweet little guy has been through so much, Iam so glad he is FEELING better. His health improving is so great tohear. :sunshine:

~Star~

Latest posts

Back