Max's Update

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sending lots of prayers and good thoughts!

:pray:
~Jim

I'm so sorry Haley. You're a greatbunny mom. That's so cute that he's your heart bunny and hesleeps in bed w/ you-that's so cool.

You guys will be in my thoughts and prayers.:pray:

Haley,

I’m sorry to hear about Max. How much of his teeth areaffected? The vet told me that by medicine alone it’s veryvery hard to get rid of an abscess, especially if it’s in thebone. Maybe it’s an option to get rid of as much abscess without teeth extraction? And then get on bicillin.

The problem with Max isthat he's alsofighting a chronic respiratory problem. He can barely breathe. He isconstantly breathing through his mouth. The vet said this comlicatedthings and he wouldnt be comfortable operating on him in thiscondition. Hes also losta lot of weight that Im trying to getback on him.

I think I have come to terms with the fact that he doesnt really havemuch time left. Theres just so much wrong with the little guy and nomatter what we do, nothing seems to help. Im just trying to keep himhappy and comfortable for as long as possible.

:(

I'm so sorry to hear.

I remember reading about 6 months ago when Penny got sick, that someppl were doing direct shots of Bicillin, INTO absess, or some otherdrug and that worked. Maybe I read it wrong, but I'll lookfor it again.

:sad: I'm still hoping it hasn't come to this. Come on, Max!

Haley wrote:
I think I have come to termswith the fact that he doesnt really have much time left. Theres just somuch wrong with the little guy and no matter what we do, nothing seemsto help. Im just trying to keep him happy and comfortable for as longas possible.

I really hope it hasn't either.

Haley,

What I've read in the last 6 months is this. Bicillin mightkill the absess completely, but the chances go up higher if as much ofit as possible is flushed and removed.

Another option is to find a vet that is cofortable to do a surgy withMax, but have a 'light' surgry, just scoop out the pus from the top, donot dig in, and place an antibiotic bead or even two into the area.

Oh Haley, I feel so bad for you Max and you. I'm just trying to give you as many options as possible.

Thanks everyone for your kind words and encouragement.

Offspring, I had been thinking kind of the same thing. Part of me justfeels so hopeless that I dont even know what is left to try.

Anyway, Ive decided to try one last thing. We're going to another vetdentist tomorrow to see what he has to say. It looks like Max needs hisincisors trimmed anyway, so Im going to see if he has any othersuggestions or options for us.

I know Max isnt inthe beststate to undergo atraumatic surgery because of his nasal/respiratory problems, but I justdont see how his body can ever fight these problems with theseabscesses growing in his mouth.

I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks again for your support. Im about at the end of my rope on this. :(

oh, i hope everything is okay. . . keep us posted. . .

sending good thoughts

I'm sending hugs to you, Haley! :hug2:

I'm keeping little Max (and you) in my prayers. :headflick::pray:

Good luck tomorrow, maybe doc will have something up his sleeve or maybe ask him to talk to some other vets.

Penny is going for her apt. tomorrow too. I hope everything goes well for both of them.

-Dmitriy

Good luck!

:pray:

:hug2:Hugs and nose rubs for littleMax. He's been so stong so far, I wish he would pull through.We need a bunny miracle.

_________
Nadia

Latest posts

Back