Make a Jazz Noise Here

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feel free to grab the beautiful Callie pic from her date with Chippy (last July/August?). Callie is all melty like and silky soft gorgeous next to whisper-bun Chippy. Janet is a very awesome foster mom!

Thank you Susan! Actually, it was Naturestee who found her on PetFinder. Callie was listed under some other breed (I can't remember which) so I think no one really knew she was a Siamese Satin.I had seen one at a rabbit show and fell in love with the colors, the pattern, and the size. Callie is actually a pound or two too small. We think she was a throw-away breeder bunny because she and her sister came from a pet store. Her sister must have been adopted, leaving Callie all by herself.

Anyhow, all of this happened around the time that Andy Allen was having his meet n' greet dates with his new dad near Milwaukee. So Naturestee and I went to look at Callie and the decision was made to date Zappa and Patrick with her. Naturestee said that I would be hard-pressed to find a more easy-going bunny to bond with Zappa and Patrick. Needless to say, I had a kennel cab along and Callie came home. Darn that thinking ahead stuff!! ;)

Callie is finally fitting in, and has become part of my heart. She doesn't mind being snuggled too much, and I am glad that Zappa has become so bonded with her. I have really become such a worrier when a bunny passes and their bond-mate gets depressed. You should have seen Patrick when Luna passed.... I was so happy he had Zappa to sit with him, even if they weren't as bonded.

I will certainly try to post more pics of my girls. I might be traveling with my Grace and two of my fosters, Oliver and Mia, to see if there is any bonding potential. Oliver is so naughty, so he would need a very special home... Those types of 'naughty-bunny' homes are so few and far between. I kind of think he should stay with me. ;) Will keep you posted on that also.

Bunnies... such an addiction, aren't they...?

So nice to have an update on Zappa - I miss hearing stories of her and Luna and Patrick!

Callie is beautiful, and I'm glad she and Zappa are close. I agree that you would never find another like Patrick - such a special boy.

Jan

JadeIcing wrote:
I miss Luna so much. :( but Zappa and Callie are just awesome.

I so miss my beautiful trio also. I try to be thankful that I still have Zappa, but without Patrick and Luna... I dunno....

Callie has become such a good girl and she is bonded with Zappa, so I have to be happy that I adopted Callie when I did. Who knows how sad Zappa would have been when Patrick passed. I think that Zappa did take some time to grieve because she didn't hang with Callie very much. It was so sad to see her not cuddled up with any-bun.

This is how they looked most of the time...

P8170004.jpg

P8170003.jpg

That's what prompted me to really think Zappa needed another bun to hang with. Now that it has been a while, the girls tend to do their own thing in the morning, but hang out in the evening causing trouble with the fosters. I actually saw Zappa sitting in the hiding box with Callie the other morning!! That was quite a surprise that absolutely warmed my heart. I think my girls will be okay....

myheart

I know the feeling. My boys are just not the same without Dallas. I miss him so much it hurts. Don't get me wrong I miss the others we have lost but Dallas. Oh here I go again. *hugs*

TreasuredFriend wrote:
Feel free to grab the beautiful Callie pic from her date with Chippy (last July/August?). Callie is all melty like and silky soft gorgeous next to whisper-bun Chippy. Janet is a very awesome foster mom!

I've already forgotten about that date for a bachelor bun!! Chippy was all of a pound and a half against Callie's six pounds, but I think she liked him. It was Zappa who was naughty and grunted at the little cutie-pie.

ChippyCaliSideBySideRS.jpg

Chippy found a home soon after our date was deemed a failure. His new dad absolutely loves him, and Chippy gets to boss the cats around. :) So I guess there was a happy ending after all...

LuvaBun wrote:
Ohhhhh, just look at those little bunny faces!!! Too adorable!

Jan

Thanks Jan. Chippy really is a neat little bunny. I think I would have been afraid to bring him home with me even if the girls did like him. He is so tiny, I would have had to watch my step if I knew he were out playing. I honestly don't believe I have ever seen a full-grown bunny atone and a half pounds.

I was going to ask you how your little wild-bun is doing, but I looked Bonnie up on her thread. Congratulations on such a wonderful bond!! It sounds like Jester is really happy with the new love of his life. I am so happy it all worked out for Bonnie. She couldn't have found a better home.:)

Okay... so no one like Nethie-butt... lol

Here is my Gracie Anne...

These were taken on the day she came home to be my foster-bun... Until that little thought failed.... I will finally admit to a failed-foster.

DSCN1446.jpg
"you want to kiss my nose, don't you.."

DSCN1454.jpg

This is at home with Oliver, a foster, in the background. Oliver is a BEW with an outrageous personality. I want so much to bond them, but Gracie now seems to be a dominant bun also. Any tips on bonding dominants are welcome... ;)

P3010144.jpg

Oh, and by the way... I may start a new blog for a new trio, if all goes well in the next week or two.... :pIfinally found a boy that my girls like.... I think I am finally ready to open my heart to another trio that will be almost as beautiful as my first.

myheart wrote
Oh, and by the way... I may start a new blog for a new trio, if all goes well in the next week or two.... :pIfinally found a boy that my girls like.... I think I am finally ready to open my heart to another trio that will be almost as beautiful as my first.
Oh Janet, that would be too good to be true :). Who is the lucky boy?

Gracie is such a beauty. I didn't have any luck in bonding my two dominant buns (Jester and Shadow) so can't be much help there, I'm afraid. They both get on with bothn the girls, though.

Jan

Oh My Goodness, Gracie Anne is LOVELY. Look at those eyes.

Oliver looks like a real looker too.

More pictures please.:biggrin2:

Susan:)

Back