Make a Jazz Noise Here

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Janet

thanks for the update. Sounds like you have your hands full over there. So Lotus, another loveable Dutchie girl :). I miss my Dutch, but Jester and Bonnie are kind of surrogate Dutch;)

Would lovvvve pictures of any shape or description :p

Jan

myheart wrote:
Hey Ali!! Good to hear from you!

Did you start a different blog? The blog I have pinned hasn't been updated in forever. Just wondering if I have the right blog or not....:p
Never made one for this year. So many things changed. I am pregnant with twins and ended up having to rehome some of the bunnies. I only have Ringo, Connor and Apple.

JadeIcing wrote:
myheart wrote:
Hey Ali!! Good to hear from you!

Did you start a different blog? The blog I have pinned hasn't been updated in forever. Just wondering if I have the right blog or not....:p
Never made one for this year. So many things changed. I am pregnant with twins and ended up having to rehome some of the bunnies. I only have Ringo, Connor and Apple.

PREGNANT!!!! With TWINS!!!! I didn't know.... How cool for you!! No wonder you don't have any time to keep up with a blog. You must still be lurking around to keep up on every-bun else blogs though...

It had to be difficult to give some of the kids up. Are they with friends or family near you so you could check in on them?

Glad to hear that Princess Apple stayed with you. I miss her pics. You know those Dutchies are just so darn special.... ;)

I do hope Chibi went to a nice home. If it weren't for him, I don't know if I would have taken my little Gracie Ann as a foster-bun. Chibi is so handsome, who wouldn't want to love on him, or some-bun like him. :)

I hope you are doing well with the pregnancy. I wish I were there to help you around the house. You must have to spend time with your feet up, don't you? Just too many questions on my end. If you are blogging about it, please post the link for me so I'll be able to catch up on the news. :)

It's been a while since I posted any pics, so I'll have to jog my memory on how to post...

These are a few pics of my Lotus, aka Wotus because she is so widdle. :) Lotus was a an okay shelter (not high-kill, but not attentive to her needs). I was told that she tipped over sometimes and had to be set up-right because she couldn't do it herself. I ended up getting suckered into taking her because of and evil friend who sent her pic to me to show me Lotus' gwumpy face and Dutch marks withher half blue eyes. I didn't wanna do it, but she ended up coming home with me on one of my trips to IL.

My widdle Wotus....

PA310399.jpg

PA310400.jpg

PA310401.jpg

PA310402-1.jpg

On Lotus' first vet visit, I said something to the vet about her roach-back appearance. He was kind enough to take x-rays for free because he was curious about her back also. It turned out that Lotus has a few "short" vertebrae causing her neck/shoulders to hunch up. Naturestee had wanted me to post the x-rays in the infirmary section, but it just never happened. So here they are....

file_12.jpg

file_1.jpg

The first pic has a very faint blue circle where the deformed vertebrae are. Because of the deformity, Lotus will never be able to lay on herside or flop. She doesn't tip over anymore because she now has enough weight on her bedonka to keep her upright like a weeble. Some girls do need a little junk in their trunk... :biggrin2::p

I have been looking for another little pound-and-a-half bun to bond with her. That is were Abigail came in, but she needs to be spayed. She is such a nerd!! So I won't know if Lotus will have a friend yet or not until Abby gets taken care of. I think I will still keep my eyes open for a little boy though. I just like the boy/girl bonds, even though Callie and Zappa are a good girl bond. I guess I'll have to wait to see who Lotus likes because widdle bunnies need wuv to. ;)

What a cutie!

We our having two little girls. Aaliyah Emily Gabriella and Natalia Elena Elizabeth.

Wyatt and Chibi went to a lovely couple who instantly fell in love with them. That was hard but they have a great loving home. Gabriel went to a lady in Maine who runs a rescue and my mom has Elvis. He is the only one I will see in person.

It has been tough. We also had a few deaths. Very interesting times for our little family.

I agree, Ali, very interesting times for your family. I hope all goes well with you babies. I think you could use some happiness and joy in your life. :D I know all of your losses hit you hard, even if its a re-home. ***Sending good thoughts and hugs to you***

OMG Janet that is one very ADORABLE Bunny:inlove:. No wonder you couldn't say NO to him.

I'd love to see pictures of him bonded to another Bunny.

Any pictures of Abigail?

Susan:)

Sorry Susan, no nice pics of Abigail yet. The only pic I have is the one from the shelter when she only weighed 15oz. upon arrival at the shelter. She actually had to go into foster to have someone fatten her up again. I'm guessing she is about a pound and a half now. I will tell you she is a little orange monkey with a creamy white tummy on her.

I do have a ton of picture-taking to do to catch up on all of the different changes. It's been about two years since losing Luna and Patrick, and I think the pain has finally deminished enough for me to focus on the new kids.

Thanks I will be taking pictures this week. Will share. ;)
myheart wrote:
I agree, Ali, very interesting times for your family. I hope all goes well with you babies. I think you could use some happiness and joy in your life. :D I know all of your losses hit you hard, even if its a re-home. ***Sending good thoughts and hugs to you***

Oh Janet, it hasn't been a year yet since my Baby Buttercup made his final trip to the Rainbow Bridge. I still miss him so much.

Then a week after he left me Jackie also went to the Rainbow Bridge. That was a tough loss as she was living with the Ex, so I never got to say goodbye. I do have her ashes as he couldn't deal with that. All of mine will be buried with me. It will be a bit crowded :)but that's OK.

So I know how you feel about your Luna and Patrick.

Big Hugs to you and all your Fur Babies and Fur Angels.

Susan

Susan, I don't think the forum will ever be the same without Buttercup. Such a sweet little man he was.

I agree that it is the worst thing when one can't be with their pet to say goodbye to them when they leave. It's not fair to not be there to tell them it's okay to go to The Bridge, that it will be better there for them.

And, yes, I feel like you do about having all of my kids' ashes buried with me when its my turn. I don't think there will be much room for me in the casket, but that's okay by me. As long as I know someone isn't going to do something stupid with all of the urns when I'm not there to make sure they are with me. They are my kids, and they will always be my kids... ;)

Miss Janet..................................PICTURES of your Babies!!!

:tonguewiggle:tonguewiggle:tonguewiggle:tonguewiggle:tonguewiggle:tonguewiggle:tonguewiggle:tonguewiggle:tonguewiggle:tonguewiggle:tonguewiggle:tonguewiggle:tonguewiggle:tonguewiggle:tonguewiggle:tonguewiggle:tonguewiggle

:brat::brat::brat::brat::brat::raspberry::raspberry::raspberry::raspberry:

:running bunny:bunny19:bunny19:bunnybutt::bunnybutt::happyrabbit::happyrabbit::happyrabbit::runningrabbit::runningrabbit:

:weee::clapping::yahoo::pinkbouce::pinkelepht::party0002::weee::weee:

Susan

Sorry I haven't been on for such a long time.... The loss of Patrick and Luna was so hard to handle since they were such a big part of my life. So many changes have taken place in my life over these past few years, but it's alway been nice to receive little updates from RO.

Believe it or not, but Baby Zappa is now 8 years old!!! I've just spent the last few hours reading through her blog and enjoying the pics and all of the RO posts. I've missed you all so much and I wish so much that I could get over the hurt from all of my losses.

It's been so long, but Zappa is doing well. She is still so silly and still Queen B of the house. Callie passed away about two years ago. That opened up the opportunity to bond Zappa with Doug. Doug had a charmed life being bonded with Zappa. They were so good together and Doug ended up with the piece and comfort of a good bond and a good home for the last part of his life. Doug also passed the early part of this year. Baby Zappa was alone for the first time in her life.

I did adopt a bun from the Wisconsin Humane. I re-named him Thurman. He is a senior bunny of 7 years, although he doesn't act like it. He was the shelter staff pic, and the reason became apparent right away. He is the most people-bonded bunny I have ever met. I could cuddle hime night and day and he wouldn't fuss. The only problem is the fact that he is so people-bonded. The date at the shelter went well, no indications that a bond wouldn't be possible between Zappa and Thurman. It wasn't until I tried the follow-up dates that they decided not to like each other.

I'm still going to hold on to some hope that Zappa might like being near Thurman even without a proper bond. I always see laying in her condo or near Thurman's ex-pen. Maybe I need to enlist Naturestee's help with a more nuetral dating area at her home. Might take a bit more schedule re-arranging with her two kids and work, but I hope that Zappa won't be alone for the rest of her life.

I haven't been taking many pics of the kids of late. Can't really tell you why other than my heart still hurts. I really shouldn't let this time pass me by without the pics of the those few moments in time when all is right with the world. Hopefully some Zappa and Thurman pics are in the future. I will try to keep you posted on their progress.

i can't pull up the balloons so I will just post "HAPPY 8TH BIRTHDAY BABY ZAPPA" With all of my heart and love, Mom

Latest posts

Back