Make a Jazz Noise Here

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those pictures are ADORABLE! I love Zappa's little "intrusion". Perfect picture taking skills! I love how Slobbers just sits there and watches the bunnies (and you) crawling around in the grass.

Thanks Kelly.... Zappa is such a little bundle of bounce and fluff. She really is "different." I guess I expect her to behave more like a Dutch, but then I have to remember that she really only has the Dutch marks. There is something to be said for mixed-breeds.... something along the lines of "different" and "special" come to mind. ;):p

Slobs is such a good boy when I want to do something with his little brother and sisters. I think he just enjoys being outside in the shade on such nice days. He probably lays there dreaming about the first snowfall.... ;)

myheart

kherrmann3 wrote:
Slobbers always looks like he's too warm. It's like he's melting into your yard! :D I bet he loves every minute of it! :)

Unfortunately, my neighbor took the tree down in their back yard that gave Slobs most of the shade he needs to be comfortable outside. The poor tree was an Elm and ended up with Dutch Elm Disease so it needed to come down. :( So Slobs has to wait until later in the day when the sun goes around for the house to cast enough of a shadow for him to enjoy the last breezes of summer. :D Winter is just a hop-skip-and-a-jump away :)(), but Slobs will be in heaven when it starts! It is always fun watching a 200lb. St. Bernard making snow angels... :biggrin2:

myheart

myheart wrote:
kherrmann3 wrote:
Slobbers always looks like he's too warm. It's like he's melting into your yard! :D I bet he loves every minute of it! :)
Winter is just a hop-skip-and-a-jump away :)(), but Slobs will be in heaven when it starts! It is always fun watching a 200lb. St. Bernard making snow angels...
I can just see the jowl-icicles now... :p

I have a few more pictures of my little Zappa... :p

I took the kids outside on the weekend prior to Luna's appointment. Luna wasn't looking very good, so I thought to fresh air might do her some good. Little did I know how much pain she was really in at the time and could not enjoy herself with the sunshine and fun.

So I ended up taking some pics of Zappa. She seems to have such a fun time running around and getting silly. :p

My baby girls....:hearts:

P9161419.jpg

"What?!!! I behaving....."

P9161423.jpg

P9161425.jpg

Patrick taking some time to groom Zappa... (bunny-butts :p)

P9161427.jpg

Patrick must have missed a spot ....;)

P9161428.jpg

Just too cute!!! I never know what to say about Zappa. She is so different from the Dutch personality, but she still pulls it all off. ;)

P9161429.jpg

...off to explore again...

P9161430.jpg

I am not sure if the kids are going to get outside again this year. The weather has been so crazy with temps getting so cold at night and daytime highs only getting into the low 60's, if that. I really would like to get Luna out one more time to sit in the sunshine and nibble a little grass. I think it is a nice break from being in the house and going through the usual routines.

myheart

kherrmann3 wrote:
Zappa is just so round! I can't get over it! :hearts:

It is really apparent that she isn't a true Dutchie when seeing her in a pic with either Patch or Luna. Zappa's body shape is no where nearas streamlined as their body shapes. It just makes her too cute to yell at when she does something naughty. ;)

myheart

It's so sweet to see bunnies grooming each other. :hearts
I love the playground setup outside. Such a good place for buns to hide :)

myheart wrote:
kherrmann3 wrote:
Zappa is just so round! I can't get over it! :hearts:
It is really apparent that she isn't a true Dutchie when seeing her in a pic with either Patch or Luna. Zappa's body shape is no where nearas streamlined as their body shapes. It just makes her too cute to yell at when she does something naughty. ;)
She's just round and baby-like, so you think she doesn't know better (she's too young to know she's doing wrong!) *eyeroll* Even genetically, she's got us wrapped around her tiny little paw! :p

I can't believe it's been about a year and a half since I've said anything about Zappa!! :shock:

So much has happened during that time, but I'll just let you all know that Zappa is doing fine. Prior to Patrick's passing,I had adopted Callie, a Siamese Satin,from the Wisconsin Humane in Milwaukee. She learned better bunny-manners from Zappa and Patrick as she used to nip for attention. We managed to let Callie know that nipping was unacceptable, so now she nose-bumps like Zappa when she wants attention.

I was really surprised when Patrick passed away that Callie actually spent more time sitting with his body than Zappa did. An even further surprise was that my Siamese mix cat sat with Patrick also. I was floored to see both of my Siamese girls on either side of my beautiful Patrick.

It has been such a while since I posted any pics, so I don't have any recent photos of Callie and Zappa together in my Photobucket account. I will have to do that someday soon. Anyhow, here is a pic of Callie from when I first adopted her...

PB051547.jpg

I know the pic looks a bit washed out, but it turned out kind of dark and I thought I could lighten it enough to make Callie show up. It only took a year for Callie and I to bond. I dunno, maybe I adopted her too soon after Luna's passing to really accept Callie into my heart. Callie, I think, has also accept my home as hers. She actually gets a little silly at times and does binkies and short runs. I am always thrilled to see her express her joy!!

Anyhow, I was really concerned about Zappa after Patrick passed. It has been about a year now, and Callie and Zappa have built a much closer bond. Zappa is still Queen B, although there are times that Callie thinks otherwise. Zappa is quick to remind Callie of her place, and life goes on. I no longer think I will be so concerned about making another trio. I would have to find one very special boy to try bonding, and I just don't see that happening. Patrick was one in a million...

Well, I guess that kind of sums up what has been happening with my girls. Someday I will have to post about my fosters. I have already had eight adoptions, although two of them were mine... oops... make that nine adoptions and three of them were mine. I'll have to tell you about my beautiful kids someday....

myheart

Thanks! :hug2:That means so much to me!!

Wait until I post a pic of mylittle Grace. The moment I saw her, I thought, "Chibi!! We love Chibi!!!" :p

Latest posts

Back