lucky bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morgan

Reaction score
my rabbit Lucky was saved from an evil man whowas planning on feeding him to his pet snake!!!!Now he is happilyplaying in my back garden, a beautiful brown boy who is now also theproud father of 6 beautiful babies!!!! Lucky bun!

Thats a nice story! I bet that there is a lot ofrabbits that is not so fortunate!! At least there is one that has agood home.:)

This angers me! It should be againstthe law to feed a rabbit to snake! It's like feeding a dog ora cat to a lion. What's wrong with people?!? :X

Thank you for sharing your wonderful story. People can be so cruel.

Traditionally, rabbits lives have not had a greatdeal of value, much like chickens, but that attitude is slowly changingover time as people recognize what great pets rabbits make.

Buck

Buck Jones wrote:
Traditionally, rabbits lives have not had a great deal ofvalue, much like chickens, but that attitude is slowly changing overtime as people recognize what great pets rabbits make.
Then why don't they start treating them like pets and not rats. :X

Then why don't they start treating them like pets and not rats. :X

Excuse me,

some people keep Rats as Pets. My daughter is one of them. Before youinfer something you should think about what you are posting. Lord knowsthat I have to! Further more, there is absolutely nothing wrong withfeeding a rabbit/rabbits to a snake! All Gods creatures have to eat.Rabbit just happens to be part of a Snakes natural diet. I am justmaking a statement as I feel we all must accept each others uses of theversatile Rabbit. Not all can or will become Pets.Whatwouldyou have done with them? Throw them in the trash-heap? At least therabbit serves a purpose when used as a food source. I did not post thisto upset anyone, but to possibly make a light go ON.

Dennis,C.V.R.

Why Rabbit??? Mice are farmed for the expressperpose of feeding them to snakes, like chickens are for humans. So whyrabbit when mice are specially bred!!!

Hey Lissa,

not a problem. I was sort of posting in a effort to open everyones eyes. I was hessitant but felt it had to be said.

Dennis,C.V.R. [I'm cool!]

Bunny_Mad wrote:
Why Rabbit??? Mice are farmed for the express perpose offeeding them to snakes, like chickens are for humans. So why rabbitwhen mice are specially bred!!!
Bunny-MAD,

what makes you say/think that? Rabbits ARE especially bred as Snakefood and are saught after by many Snake keepers/breeders. Your post isnothing more than your opinion, you know what those are like! WE allhave them. I think that before you make such a statement you should doabit more research. I have dealt with snake breeders in the past andknow darned wellwhat they are wanting to feed their pets. You have torealize that their Snakes are their Pets and they love and want to carefor them just as much as you want to care for you cute little bunny. Inmatters of taste there can be no argument. People who keep Snakes forPets find them beautiful and cute too. So what is your argument now?Can't you allow others to house the Pet f their choice? All I amlooking for is alittle acceptance of the other guys wishes. Noone issaying that you shouldn't keep rabbits as Pets, just that you shouldallow others their choice of pets also. Did a light go on yet?

Dennis,C.V.R.

I agree with you Dennis. I guess I justgot so mad, I wasn't really thinking. Rats, hamsters,gerbils, mice...they're all little people too. I just wishanimals didn't have to eat other animals to survive. :(

Dennis, I think that people should not keepsnakes as pets, since they are not house animals. Maybe the same istrue for rabbits, but at least you don't need to harm other animals tokeep rabbits.
In the nature, the rabbit has a chance to get away from the snake, if its fast enough, not all rabbits get eaten.
In home the rabbit has no escape, its not natural or fair even if rabbits are bred to be fed to snakes.
Thats why snakes should not be kept as pets.

"At least the rabbit serves a purpose when used as a food source."- I don't think its true, its a part of the truth.
Usually in the food chain, weak animals get eaten and strong survive,so rabbit should be given a chance to survive, just like any otheranimal.

Denis

I am not here to critizise or make enemies but your attitude isstarting to get a little annoying. Calm down a bit, yes my post was myopinion. But you also said i should watch what i post, so you aresaying i am not allowed an opinion?

I apologize for my posts on the feeding of Rabbits to snakes. If I
was out of line, I just felt it needed saying. Why are Pet rabbit
people so blind to the thoughts and rights of others? My brother kept
pet snakes. They were not my favorite thing but so long as they were
in their cage I was alright with it. I used to supply him with my
culls an freeze-outs to feed his snakes. I was introduced to many
snake breeders. They are extremely knowledgeable in the care feeding
and housing of their charges. I have to respect that. I have seen the
care they give to their Pets. Not my choice, but who am I to decide
what makes a good pet and what doesn't? I can only judge that which I
have gained knowledge in. That is why I posted. I will not post again
on the subject as I have already seen that some are unreachable. I
used to be Scheeved by snakes till I opened my mind and learned.
Dennis,C.V.R.

All I was trying to say that its not a natural way of things.
It does not happen this way in the nature. I personally think nature is more fair, at least it makes sense.

Back