Loud bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charmander

Reaction score
My bunny used to be pretty loudwhen I got her, it seemed like she never slept. But she was a bunny, so I bought her tons of toys, I let her put all the time, she matured, and it stopped for quite a while. Lately I've been having late shifts so I don't get home till 7 at night and stay up till midnight or 1, and now she has been waking me up at 5 in the morning non stop digging in the corner of her cage and chewing in the corner of her cage. She has a kabob, a wooden bendy thing, fixed to the wall wooden chews, a colorful ball, all which are much more quiet than her digging. It has been pretty bright in my room lately in the morning, I'm not sure if the sun affects them. But holy crap I just need some sleep this is getting ridiculous! She has toys, she gets out lots, I feed her great, and now all of a sudden out of the blue again she starts being noisy :( help!

Yes, the light would certainly have something to do with it. Rabbits like to be active at dawn.

Pull out the old toys, get a couple new ones. Then when she bores of those, re-introduce some of the old ones and remove the others. By rotating toys they can seem like "new' toys with each new rotation.

Loading up hay before you go to bed could help too.

Is she spayed? (I don't know anything about neutered rabbits) If not, that could be the overture of a false pregnancy, in my experience that's when they dig most.

Anyway, dusk and dawn are the times when bunnies are more active.

I've slept with two rabbits in my room for 5 years. I put an old sheet / tablecloth on the cage so it blocks out any sun - if it's sunny, the rabbit won't sleep. Mine were always really quiet, but they get about 16 hours outside of their cage everyday (I only put them inside when I sleep, because if not, they jump on the bed and JUST WON'T SLEEP)
How long exactly is 'getting out lots'?

My personal solution is to never sleep- in bed at 11 or 12, up by 430 or 5 am. My rabbits seem to love that schedule. :bed:
:)

One of mine is very active at 4:30-5:00 AM. Runs and plays with the toys. I just ignore it. Some days when the weather has changed he is all full of play.

Back