Legit animal communicators?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I first contacted her about 3 years ago. I had adopted a bunny, Edward, from the local shelter. We developed an instant, intense bond. Every evening I'd take him out so sit on the porch. A few nights before I lost him I was thinking about how nice it was to have a reason to sit outside and listen to the crickets, feel the gentle breeze, etc. I lost Edward after only 3 weeks. I was beyond devastated. I contacted her. I didn't tell her much at all, just that I had lost him.

She contacted him, then me. She told me he had been sick long before coming to me. (this was shown by necropsy) He had said thank you for the blue bed (I had given him a blue towel to sleep on.) The thing that really got me was her saying Edward said how much we loved to sit outside together, enjoying the world around us.

Ugh... I am crying now. Feel free to pm me if you have ay questions, or want to talk.

Wow...you guys have me thinking about this now...

I've got a few animals I would love to contact again, just to hear from them that they were happy, and to maybe figure out a bit better why they passed. I would love to know that our four lost in March didn't suffer and weren't upset with me about what happened (as I start to cry again). I would love to know that they knew they were loved, and didn't have doubts about that. I still kick myself about that whole thing HARD, every single day.

I would love to know that a kitty I had when I was 12, KeyKat, knew I loved her. We noticed she was having a hard time breathing, so my mom took her to the vet, and wouldn't let me come with, but made me go to school. They kept her overnight and put her down the afternoon of the next day, and I never got to say goodbye. I still cry about that...I loved her so much. (It's something I'll never do to Em, make her go to school and not let her say goodbye.)

This has me thinking...thanks for asking about it, Amy. I might just contact her myself.

((HUGS))

Edited to add: I've checked out her site, read her testimonials...really neat.

werecatrising wrote:
I first contacted her about 3 years ago. I had adopted a bunny, Edward, from the local shelter. We developed an instant, intense bond. Every evening I'd take him out so sit on the porch. A few nights before I lost him I was thinking about how nice it was to have a reason to sit outside and listen to the crickets, feel the gentle breeze, etc. I lost Edward after only 3 weeks. I was beyond devastated. I contacted her. I didn't tell her much at all, just that I had lost him.

She contacted him, then me. She told me he had been sick long before coming to me. (this was shown by necropsy) He had said thank you for the blue bed (I had given him a blue towel to sleep on.) The thing that really got me was her saying Edward said how much we loved to sit outside together, enjoying the world around us.

Ugh... I am crying now. Feel free to pm me if you have ay questions, or want to talk.

Oh no...I'm sorry I made you bring it up and cry :(.

What you said was enough for me, honestly. I read the testimonials on her site and I think I am going to go for it. I just need to figure out what I should ask her to ask Zaide. I have so many questions.

I had a major breakdown a while ago for over an hour. I think I really just needed to get it all out and stop holding it in. I still don't feel totally fine, though.

After a death like this, is it normal to go searching for another? I mean, we did get Tibi shortly after Zaide passed...but Tibi was not to heal me, he was to heal Juju because Juju clung to me for companionship and I knew he needed another brother.

I just don't know if it is normal to search for specifically a dwarfed cat. They are not a normal thing to come by without going to a "breeder" for a irresponsibly bred "teacup" cat...so it is frustrating and it is the reason why I am so angry at myself for not adopting the dwarf cat that I thought was Zaide's brother at the shelter that day.

It's like searching for something that doesn't exist anymore.

I think it's completely healthy...you miss your Zaide, and you want him back. I completely understand that, and wanting to find another like him again. I think it's why I almost left here immediately and went over to the local shelter to adopt a Flemish Giant someone surrendered. Danny came home and talked some sense into me, so we didn't wind up doing that, and another family adopted him (and I cried about it)...but I know that's why I wanted to adopt Stewart (the bun). I miss having Teeny around, and terribly miss having a Flemish Giant around...and once you discover love like that with someone, it's hard to let go of it.

So, I can totally understand where you're coming from, and don't think it's abnormal in the least. We do it with men, don't we? We find someone we're head over heels for, they don't love us back the same, we end up breaking up, but wind up looking for the same qualities in other men that we found in that man. I think it's very similar.

I mean, heck, you can even take it as far as my wanting to adopt only male bunnies at this point...because of Fiver. Now, I know I haven't lost Fiver, but I see in him something I really love, and would love to find more bunnies with those qualities.

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm trying to lessen your pain, or what you're desiring...just trying to show you that it's completely normal and healthy. Not to mention, I know that you have enough sense to not go to "teacup" breeders...but if a kitty came into a shelter that was a dwarf kitty, I know you'd jump at the chance.

Don't beat yourself up over not adopting Zaide's brother...I really think that would've been too difficult for you guys, handling all those health issues. (Not that I don't think you could handle it...more that you've got so many furkids that taking on one with major health issues and such huge special needs would be too much.)

Don't worry, Hun...you're completely normal. You're going through a process...and part of it is being honest with yourself, which is what you're doing. You're very aware of what you're going through, and allowing yourself to experience this process...that's very healthy.

(((HUGS))) to you and hopes for things to turn out wonderfully. I'm praying that you find that animal that helps you to heal from this. I know that I always feel like that when I lose an animal...it's always helped me a great deal to have someone new to concentrate on when I lose a furkid. It's how you see the good it brought about. It gives you a *reason* for having lost your baby. I wouldn't have been able to take in Cinnamon if I hadn't lost Teeny. And as much as I hate having lost my sweet boy, I am grateful for the timing because Cinnamon so desperately needed us/me.

Anyway, I hope all that helps...even if just a little. I know how it is to lose a heart kitty...I still very much mourn my KeyKat girl, and it's been over 17yrs. I still cry for her like I lost her yesterday. She meant so much to me, and died so alone and not being able to say goodbye...well, it haunts me.

Hugs to you, Hun...

Rosie*

Thank you, Rosie. I know many people understand what it feels like to lose a pet that was so special to you, but sometimes it does feel like you are alone....so thank you for not making me feel alone! Thank you everyone who has replied to this thread, it really means a lot to me.

We really can't have more pets at this time, especially since we are trying to figure out our future....but if I saw a dwarf kitty with the loving personality Zaide's litter had and this other kitty at the shelter had...I wouldn't think twice about adoption. There are risks of health issues, but I don't think I can pass another one up. It is just as heartbreaking as a death to me...passing up "Rascally" at the animal shelter was really difficult since he was just like Zaide....an adult cat in a kitten body with the same unique personality.

Ryan was trying to help me feel better earlier, but I am still slightly angry with him for not letting me adopt Rascally. It was just before the wedding, so everyone's nerves were going crazy...so I am trying to stop holding the grudge. He kept asking me what else was wrong besides crying over loosing Zaide, but I don't have the heart to tell him he sucks for telling me "no" :(. I do just need to get over it because Rascally is long adopted....but that doesn't mean I still don't scan petfinder and CL daily searching...which feels pathetic.

The town is putting on a huuuge adoption/vender event at the event center here with animal adoptions next Saturday. I am kind of looking forward to it because I will get to hold more kittens, which feels to like being close to Zaide because of their size.

I have my mentoring on Tuesday with the animal shelter to volunteer in the cat room. I hope I can stay strong!

undergunfire wrote:
I had a major breakdown a while ago for over an hour. I think I really just needed to get it all out and stop holding it in. I still don't feel totally fine, though.

After a death like this, is it normal to go searching for another? I mean, we did get Tibi shortly after Zaide passed...but Tibi was not to heal me, he was to heal Juju because Juju clung to me for companionship and I knew he needed another brother.

I just don't know if it is normal to search for specifically a dwarfed cat. They are not a normal thing to come by without going to a "breeder" for a irresponsibly bred "teacup" cat...so it is frustrating and it is the reason why I am so angry at myself for not adopting the dwarf cat that I thought was Zaide's brother at the shelter that day.

It's like searching for something that doesn't exist anymore.
Amy,

Its been over a year (almost 18 months) since I lost Tiny and at times I find myself still searching for another like him - even though I know it can't happen.

Don't get me wrong - I love Zeus dearly (the little brat) - but I adopted him partly for Miss Bea - partly for the forum because we all were grieving so much over Tiny - and yes - partly for us. I don't regret adopting him.

But I have my days - even now - when I still tear up and cry over Tiny and lose it for a while. The other day I even called Zeus "Tiny" because I'd been looking at his pictures and was missing him so much. I almost cried..ok...so I did cry when I did that. How could I call another bun "Tiny" - even by mistake??

Art & I have talked about how one of the reasons I adopted the dogs last year - was I was looking for a replacement for Tiny.

I do think you need some help and some closure....and I think doing something like this will help you...but also understand...you have a very sensitive nature and something like this - you're going to struggle with for a long time. I think it is because you have such a love for animals, etc.

In a way - its sorta "funny" as in strange...because I remember how you weren't a big fan of kitties when you were here....yet you lost your heart to one.

TinysMom wrote:
Amy,

Its been over a year (almost 18 months) since I lost Tiny and at times I find myself still searching for another like him - even though I know it can't happen.

Don't get me wrong - I love Zeus dearly (the little brat) - but I adopted him partly for Miss Bea - partly for the forum because we all were grieving so much over Tiny - and yes - partly for us. I don't regret adopting him.

But I have my days - even now - when I still tear up and cry over Tiny and lose it for a while. The other day I even called Zeus "Tiny" because I'd been looking at his pictures and was missing him so much. I almost cried..ok...so I did cry when I did that. How could I call another bun "Tiny" - even by mistake??

Art & I have talked about how one of the reasons I adopted the dogs last year - was I was looking for a replacement for Tiny.

I do think you need some help and some closure....and I think doing something like this will help you...but also understand...you have a very sensitive nature and something like this - you're going to struggle with for a long time. I think it is because you have such a love for animals, etc.

In a way - its sorta "funny" as in strange...because I remember how you weren't a big fan of kitties when you were here....yet you lost your heart to one.

Peg...it is amazing how we are pretty much going through the same thing. I called Tibi "Zaide" for a few months after adopting him...it was really heartbreaking.

I can also relate to you adopting the dogs to "replace" Tiny. I feel like I am constantly searching for replacements in any species. At times I felt insane thinking a FERRET would do because they are small and cat-like :rollseyes. I wanted another dog so badly, but I am over that now because we just can't until we buy a house with a fenced yard. I don't think my search is going to end for another dwarf kitty. I think it is kind of like having a species or breed of animal pass away and wanting the same exact one....except mine is so hard to come by :(.

I am laughing with you about my former lack of love for kitties, Peg! I guess it just took the right ones to win me over.

Well - the funny thing is...and you knew Tiny personally so you knew how special and sorta unique he was...

After we got Zeus and the dogs...I still felt...empty. I mean...I loved Zeus...I loved the dogs. But they weren't as "unique" to me as Tiny was.

I decided that I NEEDED to get a pet skunk. I had one as a teenager and loved him dearly....they are so much fun to watch.

I tried and tried and tried to convince Art to let me try and find a pet skunk from somewhere. It was a "no go".

That was when I realized that I was trying to replace Tiny with other critters and that NO other animal (or person) could ever replace him. I think that was what helped me to start letting go of him - to realize that he was gone and that while I'd have other heart animals - my time with him was over.

I think part of the reason you struggle so much - and this is simply opinion - is that your kitty's death was so FAST. I mean...with Tiny I basically had 48 hours of knowing he was ill and trying to get him help...(and about 40 hours of hope he would make it).

With you - he was there one minute - and gone just minutes later. You had no time - no warning.

I think that is part of what leads to the feeling of needing closure - you had no time to prepare your heart.

Of course - that's just my opinion....and like feet - we all have them - and some stink. Maybe mine stinks.

I also wanted to agree that it is perfectly normal to want to have another, in whatever form that is for you.

For me, that's why i breed Flash's relatives. Deep down I'm hoping that somewhere he will come back to me, or I'll get a lovely guy who is Flash through and through but looks different. We've been close a couple of times too, for sure (just take a look at Angel's markings in comparison to Flash's-the only difference is the tears).

When Flash died I also intended to breed his son and daughter (which I didn't do in the end) because at the time I was so positive that two halves would make a whole, and he would come back to me.

It's part of the grieving process. It's to do with bargaining and finding a way to bring them back, and that is a stage of grief, a well known and sucky stage of grief.

Having said all that, I do think it's important to realise that no matter who you find, there will never, EVER be another Zaide and whilst you may find someone who can be close to your heart, it will be in a different way from Zaide.

Be patient with yourself, don't put too much pressure on yourself and allow yourself to feel whatever it is you feel. Don't judge yourself for it, just accept it for what it is. If you feel you're doing something 'abnormal' it will make it even harder to deal with. Take each day as it comes and remember that you aren't alone at all because anyone who has lost a special pet can relate to you.

I don't know about communication from beyond the grave, it all depends on how you see the world and life and death. The concept of communication to those we have parted ways from us to me seems unhealthy.

Death is a hard thing for people to deal with, everyone suffers it and EVERYONE needs to cope with grief and each person has their own way of dealing with it. I've suffered depression for my entire life, till the point where I was forced to get help. I had seen counsellors before, they didn't do much for me, we'd talked about some issues and none of it had helped.
I met my state appointed counsellor who I bulls***ed around, I talked about nothing as usual but made it seem like we were making progress. The next day when she came in and saw me, she told me that she knew what I was doing and she wasn't going to let me do it. After that I opened up, slowly albeit, I spent a whole year seeing her before I got to the point that I started feeling better about myself.
Funnily enough the things that got me down most were the little things, the stupid things that I thought didn't matter, the ones I felt stupid talking about. She told me that it was common to feel that way about those things, that so many people came and saw her and felt like that.

I know you don't like the idea of counselling, I know it seems scary and stupid. They help though, go in on your terms though, don't walk in there worrying about what the counsellor will think, don't feel uncomfortable. Search around for all the counsellors in your area, visit the counsellors sit down and have a chat with them, try to find the younger ones, don't go with some stuffed shirt who is like 100 years old, don't find the ones that will tell you what you expect to hear. Find one who is young! They're always the best, they've gone through what you've gone through. Trust me nothing you can say to a counsellor will surprise them. I once told my counsellor one of my deepest darkest secrets that I didn't think I could ever tell anyone. She had a shocked look on her face and I thought I was right, she turned around and started laughing, I'd spent so much of my life freaking out and worrying because I thought I was different when it turned out everyone experienced the same things as me and she heard it heaps.

If you don't feel comfortable with that still, call a hotline, trust me they hear so many things that nothing will surprise them any more, there is nothing you can do or say anything and trust me they won't think you're weird or stupid. They're trained to help you, to talk to you about these things.

Please I implore you to go and seek some form of counselling, whether it's in person, hotlines or just talking to someone on the forums. Don't turn to the occult, many of these people live off other's grief, giving them false hope and fake truths. I'm not denying that there is an afterlife, I just don't know, I really don't know, what I do know is that there are many people out there who will happily lie to you about your loss to get your money.

It helps to let it out, we all would do anything to help you, all of us would be happy to talk to you about this, myself included, I have a lot of experience dealing with it and I'll happily help talk to you about anything, I won't judge you or laugh or think you're stupid!

Hmm... Maybe you would enjoy fostering a pregnant mom cat; you'd get to enjoy kittens with her, and raise them to be healthy, adoptable pusses.

I agree that you can't ever replace Zaide no matter how hard you try. However, shelters often have preg moms that need someone to care for them & their future babies...
Maybe it would channel your memories of Zaide into a positive help to his fellow cats.

I am going to be blunt here, but I have to say it :(......I definitely will never talk to a counselor or call a hot line. The thought of it makes me angry, actually. I think everyone telling me to do so over my lifetime has just really angered me to the point where I think counseling is a scam to steal you're money, just like you (Dave) thinks that an animal communicator is stealing money. I don't see the point in paying money that I don't have to talk to a counselor. I went to a few therapy sessions with my husband when we first started dating because he really wanted me to meet his counselor on a friendly basis....and I thought it was the most ridiculous thing ever.

I am a person who hates being put on the spot face to face. I'm shy and emotional, always panicked and anxious....being put on the spot does not mix. I'm not afraid of making a fool out of myself...I'd just prefer to not talk to strangers (I don't consider this forum as having "strangers") about my life.
:embarrassed:

I believe 100% in animal communication with the right communicator. I'm not sure how anyone could read testimonials from people who have used a communicator and had them say it is still a lie. I believe here is an afterlife in some form. I live in fear of human afterlife daily...whether I am sensitive to it or just paranoid (errr...possibly a bit of both).

I truly believe that communicating with Zaide is what I need, as Peg said....most of my problem is the fact that he left me so sudden. We were playing and cuddling minutes before he passed away. To share a connecting moment of happiness and then watching them die minutes later is haunting. I couldn't even help him. I didn't even get up to pet him while he was passing...the last moments were of me screaming. All I can think of is that Zaide is out there right now in a state of confusion because he thinks I am angry with him. He left the world in a non-peaceful way. Animal communication feels like the only way to make things peaceful for both of us.

I think that right now you know what is best for you. If that is animal communication, then as long as you are able to reserahc it thoroughly (which you are clearly doing), then everyone should respect that that is what you feel you need to do to help you through your grief.

Everyone has their own views on therapy and I think it's important to respect other people's views because it's NOT for everyone (which is why I personally haven't tried to ram it down your throat since realising how strongly about it you feel).

Right now, therapy is definitely not for you, and the fact you're standing up and saying that deserves respect. I truly do hope that finding an animal communicator you feel you can work with and then do work with can bring you some inner peace on this and allow you to start to move forward.

TinysMom wrote:
I think part of the reason you struggle so much - and this is simply opinion - is that your kitty's death was so FAST. I mean...with Tiny I basically had 48 hours of knowing he was ill and trying to get him help...(and about 40 hours of hope he would make it).

With you - he was there one minute - and gone just minutes later. You had no time - no warning.

I think that is part of what leads to the feeling of needing closure - you had no time to prepare your heart.

Of course - that's just my opinion....and like feet - we all have them - and some stink. Maybe mine stinks.
I completely agree with this.

Oh Amy...I'm glad my words helped you to feel less alone. I know how it is to feel so alone in times of grief and missing someone so much your heart literally hurts. I know it all too well...

I think your idea of talking to an Animal Communicator is an excellent one. You're right, her testimonials are very powerful, and I think given how you lost Zaide, it would do you good to hear that he's okay and understands what happened, and loves you dearly. Not to mention, the funny little things people mentioned she said would go a long way toward helping you (like "thanks for the blue bed" and such, too cute!).

I, too, wouldn't be going to a counselor. I was forced to see so many as a kid, plenty who said "trust me, I won't tell your stepmother what you tell me about her" and then would get us back together as a family in the room and straight out tell her what I said. I trusted a counselor too many times that would divulge personal things like that. It was horrible!

I, too, believe that most of them are out there for monetary purposes. Though I believe some are genuinely trying to help, I truly think that if it makes you that uncomfortable, you shouldn't do it...and I admire you sticking to your guns as you are about it. ((HUG))

I'm eager to hear what the Animal Communicator has to say...you'll post about it, right?

((HUGS)) to you, Hun...

You've got nothing to lose by trying... heck, I'm not even facing a problem right now, and I want to give her a buzz!

Some people are gifted, some ain't... For the sake of just $30, I'd satisfy my curiosity. You'll know very quickly whether or not her details match up.
If its too vague, I'd ask for more details.

Good luck... I look forward to good news :)

NorthernAutumn wrote:
You've got nothing to lose by trying... heck, I'm not even facing a problem right now, and I want to give her a buzz!

Some people are gifted, some ain't... For the sake of just $30, I'd satisfy my curiosity. You'll know very quickly whether or not her details match up.
If its too vague, I'd ask for more details.

Good luck... I look forward to good news :)
Too true...not like she's asking for $50! :)

Lol...Autumn...no doubt! :)

Latest posts

Back