Layla the loveable lop!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaylaLop

Reaction score
Soo I've posted before pictures of Layla in the general bunny chat area but I think now she deserves a blog to keep everyone up to date on her pictures and not keep flooding the same old thread there. :D

Soo tonight I let her out in the kitchen area for burning off her exercise, and then held her some on the couch and she kept trying to get up to the back of the couch and would climb up myself or my roommate to do so. Don't try telling her that rabbits are subterranean since she seems to think the opposite! :rollseyes Tonight while watching some movies I decided I'd cuddle with her on the couch since she seems to have taken to me so quickly and here is the cuteness that ensued!

She has conquered the couch mountain
photo12.jpg

"Woah this is higher than I thought"
Screenshot2011-10-07at111045PM.png

"Looks comfy to meeee"
Screenshot2011-10-07at110747PM.png

"Bow down to me, queen of the couch!"
Screenshot2011-10-07at110800PM.png

"Well, it is kind of comfy, I'll just close my eyes for a second..."
Screenshot2011-10-07at110915PM.png

:sleep:
Screenshot2011-10-07at111035PM.png

There will be more pictures soon.. just have to remember to keep my camera on hand to catch her cute antics. Just waiting for a tongue picture :p

:bunnyheart

Oh dear lord, Layla is freakishly adorable. SO. CUTE. When you come back to Alaska you have to bring her with you and don't count on returning to Idaho with her!

Why do bunnies love the back of couches anyway? My little Max and Macie love the back of the couch and have since they first saw it as wee little babies. They love jumping up to the back and then jumping back down. Our couch is up against the wall and one day Macie binkied right down the crack! She landed on a pile of pillows though so it was okay :D

I don't know why.. maybe it's like a good lookout perch? When she was in her cage she kept hopping up on things.

Yep, she amazes me with how comfortable she is already! I even trimmed her toenails yesterday and she only started to flip out a tiny bit.

There will be more pics soon enough.. they'll only slow down once she stops being so cute (or I get more busy) haha.

Haha, yeah her ears are pretty silly but adorable. They may drop eventually but who knows.. she seems to have a lot of control over them.

I think her airplane ears are what enable her to make it up to high places...

She's such a stinker.. I have to keep an eye on her at all times. It's like everything should be nibbled at least once or twice and every moment I'm not watching is fair game for eating a rug or counter edge.. But her cuteness and falling asleep on the couch with me makes up for it :)

X3 Those earssssss! That is a seriously cute little ball of fluff and stuff.

The back of couchs are not just for cats anymore haha

She's better at climbing than my past roommate's cat.. I still get leery when she's jumping up on shoulders or the back of a couch buut I'm always there to catch her if need be. I put her into her NIC cage and within 5 minutes she was up on the 2nd level binkying around. I've yet to find something that phases her, even being licked by my 75 pound black lab who'd love to eat her (don't worry, I was right there holding her and my boyfriend had a hold of the dog just in case).. She wanted to go BACK to the dog. In short, in the wild she would not live very long, haha.

Here's another picture of her napping peacefully on the back of the couch while my bf and I watched movies :)

Screenshot2011-10-10at85712PM.png

Today I had her in her NIC cage for 24 hours annnd she seems to be taking to it very well. I've noticed less out of litterbox poops and less cecotrophs being left behind too. Annd 100% peeing in the litterbox. Soo proud of her, she's not yet 7 weeks!

photo13.jpg

And when she was out, I decided to do some "bunny bonding" by bribing her onto my lap with pellets. As you can see, she's food motivated! (and her ears are beginning to lop!)

photo14.jpg

Tis all for now! More pics in the future :)

Annd a short video of her binkying that I took :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/user/rotundrodents#p/a/u/0/zgHxBsCjHCE]http://www.youtube.com/user/rotundrodents#p/a/u/0/zgHxBsCjHCE[/ame]

Also, a video of her grooming herself (don't mind the random background music, it was to cover the tv noises)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/user/rotundrodents#p/a/u/0/_ECyxUe6rlI[/ame]

Enjoy! :D

Haha Emily, you're in Washington, so don't come across the border to steal her away :lookaround

I've always loved holland lops of nearly any color, but she is especially adorable with her little mustache! :hearts

She's getting to be more feisty by the day and thinks all my clothing is a chew toy. She stops if I thump the floor or put my hand over her head and say "no" but boy does she like to push boundaries! :rollseyes

Latest posts

Back