Layla the loveable lop!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's a little over 3 months now. Wow, time flies!

Sooo here's a few more pictures. Last night she was in her pen running around and when I'd walk up to it she'd stand up and stare at me so I took it as a "please pick me up" sign. This time she got to be on my bed annnd of course I had to take pictures :D

Pet meeeeee
Screenshot2011-11-18at82513AM.png

That's better
Screenshot2011-11-18at82451AM.png

Satellite ears
Screenshot2011-11-18at82535AM-1.png

(edited because this image keeps flipping sideways)

What, you mean I don't get to stay here tonight?
Screenshot2011-11-18at82551AM.png

I think Layla would really like the little Holland Lop buck I picked up at a show this past weekend. :) Hard to believe I've only had him a week! He's such a little character.

If you don't mind my asking, did you by chance get Layla from a breeder? I ask because her head is shaped differently than most purebred Hollands I have seen, and her crown a lot tighter (hence her ears sticking up a lot).

Emily

She did come from a breeder. She's more of a hobby-breeder and doesn't really tend to breed for show-standard but more for personality/health. Since I'm not showing her or breeding her, it didn't really matter to me and her airplane ears give her a special look. Her dad also has control of his ears probably due to a higher crown, as you've said.

Buuut regardless of her show flaws, she's got tons of spunk and cuteness. She'll be spayed in February when she's 6 months as well.

So, I was letting her roam in her pen attached to her cage, aka her "yard" and she kept lying as close as possible to me. I take it as a sign she likes me or something :p

Screenshot2011-11-28at90453PM.png

Also, I am not missing from the forum.. school is busy annnd I was away visiting family for a week with no internet :) But I'm back!

Ok.. much awaited updated pictures. So, she is 3 months and 3 weeks old as of today. I fenced off the tv area of the living room and let her have free-run of the kitchen and dining area/hallway annnd decided I'd try to get some binky shots.

Ears forward and alert!
Screenshot2011-12-07at41801PM.png

You can't see meeee
Screenshot2011-12-07at41737PM.png

Yay room to sprint and binky!
Screenshot2011-12-07at41716PM.png

Yay, kitchen!
Screenshot2011-12-07at41533PM.png

Ready for takeoff!
Screenshot2011-12-07at41454PM.png

Turn!
Screenshot2011-12-07at41355PM.png

Nope, not in the box. Other way!
Screenshot2011-12-07at41335PM.png

Take-off!
Screenshot2011-12-07at41650PM.png

*Blows on smoking paws* That ain't nothin'!
Screenshot2011-12-07at41558PM.png

Phew! Tuckered out... Time for a cool down!
Screenshot2011-12-07at41205PM.png

We have the same kitchen mat in our apartment. Layla is SO cute!! I had no idea she was so young. I love the airplane ears. They give her so much character!!!

When I push her ears down she looks like a holland lop.. too bad she immediately shakes them back upright. But it does give her character!

She'd be the kind of woman who always wears a ponytail to keep her hair out of her face... Haha

Ears held down:
Screenshot2011-12-11at93905PM.png

Ears how they want to be:
Screenshot2011-12-11at93926PM.png

:D Soo silly is she!

I may or may not be missing from the forum for the next 3 weeks. Layla is at her "vacation home" aka the petsitters while I go home to Alaska.. Depends how busy things are at home or not.. Sooo everybody have a happy/safe holiday season!

I really need to update this blog with more pictures of her and her bf, Mumford... Their pictures are in the Layla has a bf! thread... Jeez, in my attempt to not over-post pictures everywhere I seem to have been neglecting my blog! :p

Soo I have taken their cage, which is a dog x-pen, and it has been split in half with NIC panels. Today I made a door in the middle so they can visit each other during the day when I'm around but unable to let them out. They really show no aggression towards one another. Layla would be fixed sooner, but I've been working 39 hour "part-time" work weeks and don't have any time off to go to the vet for her spay. In two weeks though I won't be working anymore (by my choice due to an upcoming big move) and will schedule it soon. Buuut today I opened the door and Layla was still insisting Mumford give her some grooming lovin's.

I apologize about the dirty cage.. they've been shredding cardboard EVERYWHERE lately since I give it to them to distract them while I'm away...

Screenshot2012-03-04at45859PM.png

More pictures. Now. I cannot get enough Layla pictures. Q-tip agrees....she wants pictures of the happy couple so that maybe I can start to be convinced about getting her a partner....

LOVE the binky pictures of Layla. Wish I could catch binky photos of my buns. (Will likely require more expensive camera.) Mumford looks real regal in that last picture!

Latest posts

Back