Kiwi & Papaya- the adventures of!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apricot is looking so grown up! Cute little fella :)

I wasn't paying attention to who posted and saw the pic Chris posted, and was like 'wait, how did Apricot get so fluffy all of a sudden' :headsmack

Chris, I'm with Mariah! You need to get that little bun! I would have a hard time leaving him! Just too cute! Of course, that's why I try to stay away from pet stores! I want to rescue them all & take them home with me! lol Too bad I don't have a bigger place & tons more money! lol

Ya, I would have a hard time not bringing that little guy home too! Look at me with Apricot. I saw him for 2 seconds before I said, I'll take him! Then I smaked myself in the head, right after I said it! Lol I was at a two bunny minimum... I hope I can bond him to kiwi & papaya... They are very stuck up buns, & don't take well to new animals... Lol

If that dosent work... Maybe I'll have to get a forth... Yikes!!!

My bunnies are so funny! Papaya is on liquid baytril for 10 days due to his cut prepuce. He loves it, & takes it nicely directly from the syringe. Well, little miss kiwi, also likes baytril... She tries to take the syringe away from papaya! Like really, who's bunnies actually like antibiotics? Ha, apparently mine both do!

And new news: Apricot is a GIRL!!! She was positive for coccidia, so I took her to the vet just for a check up, and yup, she's a GIRL! Haha I don't think kiwi will like this very much, since I've been telling them (her & papaya) that kiwi will have two boyfriends... I guess it's not papaya with two girlfriends!

Of course my meds won't be in till mon at the earliest, and they are for 14 days (I believe), so they won't be meeting for a while yet anyways.

Funny bunnies! Love them!

Apricot will be on meds starting Monday hopefully. The meds had to be ordered in. She's happy tonight being back home in my warm house :)

When I took Apricot to the vet, I left Kiwi & Papaya out in my bedroom. I dont normally do that, bur i figured, ive left them for an hour before... When I got home, I walked in to Papaya doing the bunny 500 & flips... Lol He was having fun being unsupervised hahaha

I bought the buns some new toys today! Kiwi & Papaya got a hay wheel, which they are actually using! And Apricot got a little chew bunny on wheels. Pics attached!

image.jpg

And Apricot playing with her new toy :) I'm hoping the hay wheel with keep papaya & kiwi busy. Lol Kiwi is currently now beating up the hay wheel. Ha

image.jpg

I don't think I've heard of a rabbit liking baytril. They all seem to hate it. Apparently it must taste pretty nasty... except to Papaya :p I'm sure Kiwi just wanted it because she thought Papaya was getting a tasty treat:)

Good thing you picked a gender neutral name for Apricot. I was surprised to hear she had coccidia. Was she still having problems with her poop?

They're all so cute! And look so happy with their new toys :)

I don't think I've heard of a rabbit liking baytril. They all seem to hate it. Apparently it must taste pretty nasty... except to Papaya :p I'm sure Kiwi just wanted it because she thought Papaya was getting a tasty treat:)

Good thing you picked a gender neutral name for Apricot. I was surprised to hear she had coccidia. Was she still having problems with her poop?

They're all so cute! And look so happy with their new toys :)

As far as I saw, there was no problems with Apricots poo. They have just been getting bigger, since she is growing so fast! I wasent shocked at all that she has coccidia. Just because she was found outside, so if she was born out there, no one would have dewormed her, or if she was dumped outside, I'm sure whoever did that was not a responsible person, and she wouldn't have been dewormed either.

When I brought papaya home, he had issues with his poo, & he was also positive for coccidia at that time. I can't remember if I had said previously or not, but I also had kiwis & papayas poo checked, & they were both negative for any parasites :)

We just had bunny dinner time here, & all 3 buns have now lost interest in their new toys. I'm so glad I drove 1/2 hour to go to the pet store for them today ;)

There's just no pleasing the little stinkers :p

Did the vet find a lot of eggs in the fecal test for Apricot? I know that it can be normal for there to be some coccidia in the gut(or for it to even be mistaken for yeast), without causing illness, but I don't know how the vet determines how much is too much. I was more surprised that Papaya's fecal didn't show anything. It might be good to have it done again. I had someone mention to me that the tests can sometimes come out negative even though there is coccidia, as the eggs are released every 2-3 days. So it might be good to save a sample from each day, for three days, then have all three tested, to rule it out for certain.

There's just no pleasing the little stinkers :p

Did the vet find a lot of eggs in the fecal test for Apricot? I know that it can be normal for there to be some coccidia in the gut(or for it to even be mistaken for yeast), without causing illness, but I don't know how the vet determines how much is too much. I was more surprised that Papaya's fecal didn't show anything. It might be good to have it done again. I had someone mention to me that the tests can sometimes come out negative even though there is coccidia, as the eggs are released every 2-3 days. So it might be good to save a sample from each day, for three days, then have all three tested, to rule it out for certain.

I had apricots fecal sent out directly to the lab (Idexx). The clinic that i work at sees bunnies, but not a ton, so i thought best to have a "super professional" look at it. I don't know how much they saw, but it said she was positive for it. Once I saw she was positive, I took her to my old clinic who sees bunnies all the time. That's who have her a clean bill of health other then the coccidia, & she (my vet) looked at kiwis & papayas poo directly in clinic.

What I'm going to do, is once apricots meds are done, I'll take her poo, & another sample back to my old clinic & recheck all three poos. Good idea Jenny!

So this morning, I decided to put a hay rack up for little apricot. She wastes too much hay by pooing & peeing on it. She has two litter boxes, one in his actual cage, & one in her xpen. I put the hay rack in her actual cage & stuffed hay in it. I put hay in her actual litter box in her xpen. Of course, where does she go & eat? In her xpen. Bah!

How did you guys feed babies? And how long did it take for them to get the concept of eating from a hay rack? Hay is expensive here in Canada, as I'm sure it is everywhere else. I don't like her pooing & peeing on it!

Apricots name is now Cookie! Shes definitely a cute little Cookie monster :)

She has taken to my cat Tripp. Shes not scared of him at all! She has learned that her bunny legs can jump very high, & now goes & sits up on the lazy boy with Tripp. LOL Shes something special that one is!

I built her a NIC house, & doubled the grids up, (so the holes would be smaller) cause her tiny head was able to go through the bars... That was scary when I saw her do it for the first time... But her head is still too tiny, & can still get through the bars! So she can only be in her xpen when Im at home watching her.

My Kiwi & Papaya are doing well too! The fighting has stopped between them since I put a blanket up so they cant see Cookie. Kiwi also just had a bought of maybe stasis/ too many pellets perhaps- basically an upset tummy. She seems to be making a full recovery!

Love my little babies!!

So this morning, I decided to put a hay rack up for little apricot. She wastes too much hay by pooing & peeing on it. She has two litter boxes, one in his actual cage, & one in her xpen. I put the hay rack in her actual cage & stuffed hay in it. I put hay in her actual litter box in her xpen. Of course, where does she go & eat? In her xpen. Bah!

How did you guys feed babies? And how long did it take for them to get the concept of eating from a hay rack? Hay is expensive here in Canada, as I'm sure it is everywhere else. I don't like her pooing & peeing on it!

I'm like you. My babies think Timothy Hay is toilet paper and will use it like we use Charmin. My first two babies Chico and Chica took forever. They liked to pooh all over the hay. They thought it was cool to do that. They still can't eat from a hay rack. I have to put it on the floor and some times they still use the bathroom on it. Sigh.... Only Lady and Brooke get the concept..

Hay is expensive here also...

Vanessa

Vanessa- Cookie is using the hay rack now. She finally got the concept! She's also eating more of the timothy hay as well. I'm getting used to the type that she likes, & trying to pick that hay out to give it to her. She's still getting alfalfa though... I'm trying to cut her back on that. She does still waste some of the hay, but not as bad as before :)

Cookie sure seems to be enjoying her new life! That's cute that she likes your cat. I always love to see cross species friendships. Just something so sweet about it.

I was thinking about Cookie on Friday as I popped in the pet shop and Cookie´s twin has been sold, they have actually sold loads of the ones I saw a couple of weeks ago. But now, they have a cute fluffy white one, reminds me of Bandy when he was little.

You have to put a pic on here of the two, I can just imagine that cutie with the cat. I love seeing these unusual friendships, just shows us that anything is possible.

Mine also pee on the hay I put in the tray. I´ve given up trying to teach them otherwise, only thing I can do is stop putting it in there but they do love eating it in their litter tray even though they have a rack as well.

Norman is reasonably good about his hayrack (or at least was - I suspect that could change with Nala and Gaz being bad influences!)... the girls, not so much. They eat out of it, sure, but they also pull like half of it out of the hay rack and drop it into the litter box in their search for just the right strand of hay to eat (never mind how very consistent the hay is from strand to strand). As soon as it touches the litter box, even if it isn't pottied on, it's dead to them. I would mind a lot less if they weren't so freaking picky that I have to mail order hay at nearly $70 per 45 lbs instead of buying 50 lb bales at the feed store for under $10 a piece. Brats!

Latest posts

Back