Kiwi & Papaya- the adventures of!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mariah

Reaction score
Hi guys!
I'm back! I used to post on here a lot, but life happened... Anyways I'm back now & very happy to be.

So here's the info on my buns:

Kiwi Lemon child: she's a broken black (black & white) holland lop doe who is spayed. She's 3 & I've had her since she was 8 weeks old.

Papaya aka Petey: he's a broken opal otter (light grey/ white/ orange) fuzzy holland lop buck who is neutered. He's 2 & I've also had him since he was 8 weeks old.

I've had chronic GI issues with Kiwi, & everything was fine until last night. She had a terrible tummy ache (not sure what brought it on). I treated as I always do- oval, cisapride, metacam & critical care. She seems to be doing better this morning, as I didn't have to force feed her oval or critical care & she's moving around a bit more this morning.

Anyways, hope to hear from all of you!

Welcome back, they are too cute in your avatar photo, would love to see more pics of them. Glad to see that Kiwi is feeling better and hope she´s completely well soon.

Look forward to hearing much more about them :nod

It's so good to have you back!!! I hope Kiwi has perked up and is feeling better. I can't wait to see new pics of your adorable buns and hear all about how you guys are doing :)

I just wrote out a huge reply & it wouldn't let me send it! This is take two!

Kiwi is doing much better today. I want to say she's almost back to her normal "kiwi" self ��Now it's just keeping her like that. I'm thinking a no pellet diet may be the way to go (thanks Jbun). She gets so excited for bunny breakfast time & bunny dinner time, it breaks my heart not to give her any... The alternative would be worse though... Does anyone know how long it's safe to be feeding critical care?

I will post some more pics when I figure out how. It's been a busy couple of months & I am exhausted! At least I get to come home everyday & smile when I see my buns. Why are bunnies so cute?!

Hi Mariah, welcome back! I'm glad to hear that Kiwi is feeling better, good job!! :nod

I don't know about Critical Care but someone who's able to tell you that will show up soon, I'm sure.

We'd certainly love to see pics, but of course you gotta rest and play with the bunnies and take care of then first when you get home, we can wait for the pics. :)

I can see you're a total (and great!) bunny slave!!! :biggrin2: :goodjob

YES! We need pics!!!

You know, once she is feeling better, it may be ok to just give her a pinch of pellets as a treat. I can't imagine that amount causing any issues.

Critical care is just a feeding supplement. It's just basically ground up timothy hay with added vitamins and minerals, with a few other ingredients. So almost just like their rabbit food, minus a few ingredients. I know that some rabbits are on it long term. As long as it doesn't seem to be upsetting her digestion, then it shouldn't be a problem to continue giving it as long as you need to.

I think bunnies HAVE to be cute so that they don't get into too much trouble when we've discovered that they've chewed through yet another charger cord :)

It's good to know that Kiwi is feeling better, a slight adjustment of diet may help things long term too if she has chronic issues.

I think bunnies HAVE to be cute so that they don't get into too much trouble when we've discovered that they've chewed through yet another charger cord :)

:yeahthat:

Glad to hear she´s feeling better. Isn´t it so true that bunnies make us all smile and laugh at the things they do. As Jenny says, a few pellets I don´t think would be a bad thing and something for her to look forward to.

Would also love more pics but being with your two is so much more important, they sound like a really cute couple.

Hi guys!
I am definitely a bunny slave! They are on specific feeding schedules- I set my alarm on my days off for 630am... I find they need routine or they start "acting out" haha, like bad children!

Kiwi is doing a lot better today. I've started to add about 6 pellets for her morning feeding. Poor girl starts jumping all over me when shes done, like she's asking where the rest of her breakfast is. I'm still feeding about 1/2 a spoonful of critical care for her dinner with no pellets. So far it dosent seem to be causing her an issue. She loves it! What is she missing in her diet from not getting a lot of pellets? What can I supplement her with in place of her pellets?

I also took her off her metacam & cisapride today. Fingers crossed she dosent need it. I should know by the morning if she's uncomfortable or not. She's still on her oval but just once a day in the morning.

Hello! Kiwi is doing fabulous! She's only getting 10 pellets twice a day. I went up to 16 pellets twice a day & she started laying funny, like her stomach was upset.
Poor girl, just can't handle a lot of pellets.

I have taught her to "sit pretty" where she stands up on her back legs.. Haha she works for food!

Papaya is still cute as a little button too :)

Oh yay! I'm so glad she's feeling better :) That's great that you were able to figure out how many pellets you could feed. I'm sure she's glad she at least gets to have some, even if it is only 10! It's just so funny how some rabbits can be so sensitive to pellets. I've had Zeus off of pellets for quite a while, but just recently decided to switch my rabbits onto Oxbow, and thought I would try very slowly introducing a few pellets back into his diet to see how he does(though he has had them before, back when I first got him). I just worry about him not getting enough vitamins, so would like him to at least get a few pellets each day. He's like Kiwi, he just loves pellets, and will probably only be able to have a pinch of them each day, like her. All of my other rabbits aren't quite so thrilled with the change, as apparently, the old pellets tasted better. But I didn't like the quality of them, so they have no choice :).

Ok, you have to post pictures of her doing her trick! Plus I would LOVE to see those cute fluffballs again :)

I feed the martins Timothy pellets. I think it's a Canadian brand. I tired feeding the oxbow ones & both my buns turned their cute little noses up at it! I have heard those ones aw the best ones to feed though.
Kiwi was mad at me this morning because I slept in till 730am... Usually their bunny breakfast is at 630am... Mama needed her sleep! They are such funny little bunnies lol
I will post pics... Now I'm so busy with Xmas... I have to start my shopping today... When I would really much rather go ride my horses! We are getting another bad storm (freezing rain) later on, so hopefully I can beat the weather with my shopping, ride the horses & get home to my buns!

Good to see you again! :D

I'm sorry to hear that Kiwi is still having off-and-on tummy troubles... I can't imagine the mutiny that would happen here if I were to be so stingy with pellets! I'm glad you've figured out the cause and things are fairly well controlled, though.

Just catching up on here and good to see both Kiwi and Papaya are doing well. I´m glad she gets some pellets to enjoy, I´m sure she looks forward to them. I did laugh at them waking you up...bunnies when they want something are very vocal lol.

Our buns don't like their schedule disrupted do they. Last night, being new years eve, I was about an hour late with their nightly feeding. I walked by their room and somebun had to start jingling their bell toy, to let me know that they were waiting for dinner, and I was late with it :shock:

Well, Zeus is up to 10 pellets now too. Yay! I may just stick at that level for a bit. I don't want to push my luck.

I hope your holidays were nice... And you got a ride or two in there :)

Our buns don't like their schedule disrupted do they. Last night, being new years eve, I was about an hour late with their nightly feeding. I walked by their room and somebun had to start jingling their bell toy, to let me know that they were waiting for dinner, and I was late with it :shock:

Well, Zeus is up to 10 pellets now too. Yay! I may just stick at that level for a bit. I don't want to push my luck.

I hope your holidays were nice... And you got a ride or two in there :)

HAHA, I see my buns arent the only ones who get upset when their dinner/ breakfast is late! Im glad to hear that Zeus is up to 10 pellets now! That is fantastic. Im sure he appreciates every single little one!

I did get some rides in on both my horses which definitely made my holidays!

Kiwi & Papaya are both still doing well. Kiwi has had the odd upset stomach, but oval seems to do the trick when I notice shes feeling off.

Papaya is being shaved tomorrow! I just cant keep him with his grooming. Kiwi dosent help with this as she likes to lick him & "tease" his hair... Papaya does the same thing to himself. Poor little guy will be so embarassed tomorrow.. But hes had this done twice before. Kiwi will just have to give him extra snuggles to keep him warm:bunnyhug:

I feel really neglectful tonight with Kiwi & Papaya. I have a another thread going in the health forum- long story but I have a 4-5 week old lionhead right now that was found outside... Ive been spending a lot of time with him since hes sick. K & P dont seem to mind but i still feel bad that I havent had any real quality time with them this evening.

Yay!!! Pics :) They're of course, as gorgeous as ever!

I forget what a fluffy boy Papaya is. Who knows, he might even enjoy being a little lighter and cooler, and I'm sure he won't mind the extra snuggles with Kiwi :) I don't know if I could keep up with a long furred bun. I have a hard enough time with my short furred ones.

I decided to take Zeus back off the pellets. He was still acting fine, but his poop got very irregularly sized, so I knew it was affecting his digestion. Just too sensitive. Oh well. As long as he's healthy, then hay and veggies it is. He misses them though. You know how much they love their pellets.

Back