King Kirby's Rabbit Nation

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toby's cage looks great! I like the little shelf on the second floor. Does Toby use it a lot? That and the front door ramp are things I'd like to order for my bunny condo in the future. They didn't have those there yet when I ordered my condo.

Toby prefers his hidey box for sleeping and to feel safely hidden but he does like to sit under the party deck most of the time. Every so often he'll hop on the deck for a minute. He also likes to sit under the ramp leading upstairs . He feels safer with something over his head I guess. Yes, that shelf is literally called the party deck :p That is a new accessory but the exit ramp has been around a long time I think. Kirby had a hard time gettin in and out; the ramp helped tons. He is a round rumped little boy ;)

I did not see Toby chewing on any of the carpeting so that is great. But when Toby wants to get out and the door is closed he chews on the wooden perimeter. Argh! It's only a matter of time till Toby makes a big hole there :( I hope he stops when he realizes it doesn't help...

I need three of those shelves.

Love the idea of the hidey box in thecondo. I showed hubby the picture b/c we're supposed to build Baci's new home this summer and I want a hidey box for him also. When he's out, he'll only sleep on top of the stairs or in his hidey box.

JadeIcing wrote:

Where ya gonna fit 3?

BTW, they sell 2 different sizes of party decks. One only fits the 48" wide condos. The other I assume fits both 36" and 48". It's because of the width of the party deck, if it's longer, it'll run into the door of the 36" condo and you won't have enough room to hang the deck. If you're pressed for space in the 48" condo, you could actually get the smaller one. It'll give the bun a little extra hoppy space without being too intrusive.

I wonder about whether Toby likes the party deck cuz I know he likes to sit on his hidey box. He used to always climb on there to get some extra height and "oversee" the apartment. Now he can't really sit on it, he ends up sitting on the party deck.

BTW, Ali, the plexiglass guard are really lousy. I didn't think they were worth $36 on the website and they install really poorly. It does not make a tight seal with the bottom of the wire so hay bits and stuff can still hit the glass and fall through to the floor. I didn't think it was a great idea after I saw how it was installed. I might have to tape the bottom on so that it doesn't allow hay down... still playing with the idea right now. And 1 $36 order of plexiglass guard is only 3 pieces of plexiglass, which fits only one level of the condo. And the pieces aren't even big pieces, they're only like 6" high. I mean, once you put the litter box in, that's already 4-5" up and if the bun kicks a poo or some litter up, it flies right over the guard. so I don't see the point of it, basically. What a let down. I might as well just get a piece of cardboard, poke some holes and zip tie it to the wall of the condo. :grumpy

hln917 wrote:
Love the idea of the hidey box in thecondo. I showed hubby the picture b/c we're supposed to build Baci's new home this summer and I want a hidey box for him also. When he's out, he'll only sleep on top of the stairs or in his hidey box.
Bunnies sleeping in hidey boxes are so cute... it's like a baby in its cradle :) I knew that no matter what I do to his pen/cage/housing, Toby would never forgive me if I took away his hidey box. He loves that thing.

I am hanging out in the rabbit room today. I figured Penny's been pretty good about at least making an effort of not peeing on the floor lately. So I trust her not to pee in the room. She's having so much fun investigating everything and she did a couple of bunny 500s and she tried to binky twice but the floor was slippery and she ran into the wall LOL Poor thing. I gotta think of what to get her for traction soon. I don't know where yet, but I want to buy some all cotton throw rugs or something.

Penny's very funny. She was squishing herself around the desk chairs and my feet so I decided to pet her with my foot (hahaha). And she didn't know or care that it was my foot. Something was touching her head, she pancaked. :rofl:

Edit: Don't worry, I set my chair's height so that my feet hang 3" in the air.... juuust the right height to slip a bunny head underneath my feet. I am just swinging my feet back and forth, grazing the top of her head. She loves it.

Yeah and we thought our first binki was special.:thumbup:spintongue

Aw congrats!!

I might order one of the party decks sometime - I have the 48'' condo. I made my own guards out of fleece. I just cut ties on the fleece and tied it onto the bars. It was really easy and you can make them as high as you want. Works pretty well, and they are easy to untie and throw in the washing machine if they get dirty. Plus you can get any color fleece you want. I found some the other day with a really cute bunny pattern on it.

kirbyultra wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:

Where ya gonna fit 3?

BTW, they sell 2 different sizes of party decks. One only fits the 48" wide condos. The other I assume fits both 36" and 48". It's because of the width of the party deck, if it's longer, it'll run into the door of the 36" condo and you won't have enough room to hang the deck. If you're pressed for space in the 48" condo, you could actually get the smaller one. It'll give the bun a little extra hoppy space without being too intrusive.

I wonder about whether Toby likes the party deck cuz I know he likes to sit on his hidey box. He used to always climb on there to get some extra height and "oversee" the apartment. Now he can't really sit on it, he ends up sitting on the party deck.

BTW, Ali, the plexiglass guard are really lousy. I didn't think they were worth $36 on the website and they install really poorly. It does not make a tight seal with the bottom of the wire so hay bits and stuff can still hit the glass and fall through to the floor. I didn't think it was a great idea after I saw how it was installed. I might have to tape the bottom on so that it doesn't allow hay down... still playing with the idea right now. And 1 $36 order of plexiglass guard is only 3 pieces of plexiglass, which fits only one level of the condo. And the pieces aren't even big pieces, they're only like 6" high. I mean, once you put the litter box in, that's already 4-5" up and if the bun kicks a poo or some litter up, it flies right over the guard. so I don't see the point of it, basically. What a let down. I might as well just get a piece of cardboard, poke some holes and zip tie it to the wall of the condo. :grumpy

I actually just need two. One for the trios cage and one for Elvis and Teresa.

Ugh I saw when I pulled them out of the box. Very glad I didn't pay for mine. Sorry you did. :D

Dragonrain wrote:
Aw congrats!!

I might order one of the party decks sometime - I have the 48'' condo. I made my own guards out of fleece. I just cut ties on the fleece and tied it onto the bars. It was really easy and you can make them as high as you want. Works pretty well, and they are easy to untie and throw in the washing machine if they get dirty. Plus you can get any color fleece you want. I found some the other day with a really cute bunny pattern on it.
That sounds like a great idea! I remember seeing pix of the fleece earlier when you got the condo. I dismissed it initially because I cannot move Kirby's cage at all, therefore can't tie anything to the sides :expressionless But Toby's is totally mobile so I can do something like this :) Thanks for the idea!

JadeIcing wrote:
Ugh I saw when I pulled them out of the box. Very glad I didn't pay for mine. Sorry you did. :D
LOL So am I! Ugh...

April 19, 2010
[align=center]Rabbit Nation Presents:
A Naughty Bunny Story of a Different Kind
[/align]
Penny: "Oh, Kirby, Kirby...where is my Kirby?" *sigh*
DSC_0286.jpg

Penny: "Where is that guy?"
DSC_0297.jpg

Kirby: "Here I am, cutie!"
DSC_0284.jpg

Penny: "Oh Kirby! I missed you... *snuggle*
DSC_0282.jpg

Kirby: "Wanna make out?"
DSC_0290.jpg

Penny: "Kirby, I'm not that kind of girl!"
Kirby: "Oh she won't know!"
DSC_0288.jpg

Kirby: "Lemme give you a smooch here..."
Penny: "Oohh hee hee! ....What if your mom finds out?"
DSC_0299.jpg

Kirby: "She won't see us! One more smooch!"
Penny: "Wait, I think she sees us!"
Kirby: "Huh?"
DSC_0279.jpg

Kirby: "Maaaaaa...... what'd I tell you about knocking?"
Penny: *embarrassed*
DSC_0283.jpg

Ok, so that's not quite how their first kiss happened. But uh, you get the idea. :ph34r2

Latest posts

Back