King Kirby's Rabbit Nation 2011

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kirbyultra wrote:
DSC_5034.jpg

Caption! Go!

:dutch

Bunny vs. Parsley stem!! Who will win?!!!!

King Kirby defends his Rabbit Nation from the invading Greens one bite at a time!!!!

Helen, how do you always manage to get such neat pics of your kids?

myheart wrote:
Helen, how do you always manage to get such neat pics of your kids?

Janet, you have no idea how many pictures I don't post! At some point I'm bound to get a funny lookin' one :biggrin2:

Wow, I've never ever got a picture of my bun buns yawning! You're either very lucky, your bunnies are very sleepy, or you follow them around with a camera all the time :D

Helen, I haven't popped in on your blog in a while and I swear I haven't noticed it being updated in the blog section even though it's obvious it has been! Does your blog have an invisibility cloak?!

November 9, 2011 - Kirby's Third Gotcha Day

Ah, it is once again King Kirby's Gotcha Day. I am sure he has no idea what day it is but it is one of the most worth-celebrating days of the year for me. Kirby means so much to me, and I think most of the people in my life don't even know how much. He is now 5 years old, hoppy and healthy! :biggrin:

I can never express just how much I love him... so the best I can do is give him slices of bananas with smashed pumpkin on top as a present. He nomnomnomnom'ed it all up!!! The other buns got their fair share as well. Toby was only allowed pumpkin, though. His poops are a bit small this week so no banana for him. But it is hilarious to watch Toby's butt twitch when he eats his favorite treats!:p

piperknitsRN wrote:
Hi, Helen: This blog is absolutely fantastic! (I stayed up last night reading 2009 and 2010). Love your bunnies and their stories!

Oh! Thank you :) I am glad that despite me being awful at updating it lately that someone's still reading. :biggrin:

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Happy (very belated) Gotcha day King Kirby!  Long live the King!
The king is much pleased :)

kirbyultra wrote:
piperknitsRN wrote:
Hi, Helen: This blog is absolutely fantastic! (I stayed up last night reading 2009 and 2010). Love your bunnies and their stories!

Oh! Thank you :) I am glad that despite me being awful at updating it lately that someone's still reading. :biggrin:

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Happy (very belated) Gotcha dayKing Kirby! Long live the King!
The king is much pleased :)
Your Kingdom and its amusing characters have many fans... but I fear the masses may revolt if an update isn't posted soon :biggrin:.

November 30, 2011 - It's the Holiday Season!

The buns have been living a very calm and peaceful fall/winter so far. Everyone's stopped molting (cross my fingers!) and so even the human slaves are enjoying time in the apartment without being assaulted by floating bunny fur :p

I wanted to update today because I read something today and it just reminded me that I need to document everything with these bun buns... Here are some really nice moments that happened in October and November :)

Sir Toby surveying the land from atop his cottage
DSC_5090.jpg

He's not fat, he's fluffy!
DSC_5093.jpg

Nobunny else is allowed here. This secret hiding spot belongs to Toby.
DSC_5191.jpg

Pretty sure no one has a longer neck than Penny
IMG_1123.jpg

Kirby giving Penny a peck
DSC_5215.jpg

Bunny snorgling
DSC_5224.jpg

King Kirby is passed out, very happy!!!
DSC_5223.jpg

Lately, Kirby's been so relaxed while bunny-flopped that he doesn't even get up when Penny licks him.
DSC_5221.jpg

Classic Toby Cuteness
DSC_5209.jpg

Binky time!
DSC_5204.jpg

King Kirby checking out Toby's Cottage. Toby is about to be very angry.
DSC_5202.jpg

:biggrin: What beautiful babies I have. I feel like it took us 3 years but the Rabbit Nation is finally in some golden age of peace. :)

Oh my. I've been seeing Toby do some pretty weird things in the living room before but this morning he did the unthinkable.

He broke through the rabbit proofing that's been protecting him from a TON of electrical wiring underneath the couch. I had the entire bunch of cables housed inside of a "hardboard" box. Toby's been apparently working on this for a while. He finally infiltrated this morning and I happened to be several feet away. I heard some rustling that didn't sound like any bunny business I'd ever heard before. Then I couldn't find him in any of the usual hiding spots. That's when my heart sank and realized he had somehow broken in.

*sigh* ... lately he's been chewing the cheesecloth that is under the couch (again). I've been considering blocking him out from underneath there altogether (only a section of "under the couch space" contains cables, I let him nap under the couch because it's his favorite spot). I think it has to be done now. He's outsmarted it. Took him 2.5 years but he did it.

Lesson learned -- your animals are unpredictable. Check on your rabbit proofing regularly. Make sure they are not working on a breaking-in project. Argh!

Back