King Kirby's Rabbit Nation 2011

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May 15, 2011 - The Slaves Return!

I had a great trip this time and took many beautiful pictures to remember it by. I tried not to miss the bun buns too much. I think the only one who really missed me was Toby. Kirby might've missed me a little but he and Penny seemed to have bonded more in my absence. Since returning I've noticed that those two spend more day time hours together than they used to. It's incredibly cute!

Toby and Penny started to shed while I was away and they continue to shed now. I'm on high alert as a result, and watching both bun buns very carefully. So far so good. I got a batch of Kleenmama's 2nd cut timothy hay last week and I must say it is pretty excellent! Much better than my last box of orchard grass from them. The buns are eating it up like crazy and not a moment too soon.

Here are some of the pics of my trip... there's no particular theme or anything to them. I just thought these were pretty.

2011-05-06_16-00-10_747.jpg

2011-05-06_14-26-19_14.jpg

2011-05-05_18-17-19_360.jpg

2011-05-06_12-54-50_731.jpg

IMG_0826-1.jpg

IMG_0817-1.jpg

But really, who cares about vacation photos when there are bunny photos!? :p
Not a lot this time, just a couple ones I took this evening.

Toby eating in his incredibly cute manner.
DSC_4943.jpg

Kirby taking down a large piece of kale all by himself.
DSC_4950.jpg

And that's all that the bad night time lighting would let me take this evening. I came home and literally the next day succumbed to cold and flu germs that were probably just waiting for the right moment to strike. I am glad I didn't come down with something while I was away and I made it all the way back before this bug took me down like a sledgehammer. I'm slowly getting better and just now able to get photos outta my camera and such :) My bunnies are happy I can play with them again after being in bed so much the last few days! So I promise, more pics to come soon!

:dutch

So glad you're back!! I was thinking about you yesterday, maybe your return is why you came to my mind.

Good for you having a better time and not getting sick while away. I hope you managed to get a few things done before the flubug hit you. There is alway so much to do even after a weekend away.

Aren't bonded-buns beautiful?! I could never get enough of watching my kids snuggle. It is so comforting to see them happy and content. I bet Toby missed you, his girlfriend, terribly so. You're gonna have your work cut out for youself getting back on his good side. It's so special to be some-buns girlfriend... :p

Wow, those pics are very beautiful - not only the pics of the bunnies, hehe
I'm glad that the bunnies are happy, and after this trip, you must be too ! :)

May 23, 2011 - :)

All is going well in the bunny world. Better and better all the time, it seems. I hope I don't jinx it! There's been some increased digging but I think the buns need new toys or something. They might be bored!

My husband found a bunny mama's day present for me on redenvelope.com and I absolutely love it. I got the 3 bunny version of this necklace. I love that you can pick 1, 2, 3 or 4 baby bunnies for the necklace pendant. Sorry Ali, they really couldn't fit any more than 4 bunnies on that pendant. LOL

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

What a wonderful present that was!!!! What a great idea to give you a necklace like that!
I'm really happy to see pics of your buns, it's great to see happy animals being loved and taken good care of. I've recently got to know about animals (in general) for the food industry, I thought "farmers" would do whatever they could to ensure the animals had a great life (what else - in my mind - would make an animal strong and healthy if not love??) and I've found out that the truth is HORRIBLE! I'm shocked and want to help those animals... I'm willing to become a vegan and to do whatever else I can. I'm so sad to know that most people don't know or care about how animals are treated... but RO helps me smile and it's really nice to see pets like Toby, Kirby and Penny and I think and hope that some day everybody will treat animals as respectfully as you do.

June 5, 2011 - Toby Attack

Prepare for photo barrage!

DSC_4960.jpg

DSC_4974.jpg

DSC_4971.jpg

^^This one cracks me the heck up ^^
DSC_4966.jpg

DSC_4962.jpg

hee hee!

June 21, 2011 - Toby Goes on a Date

So... the latest news is that I took Toby on a date with a nice girl named Autumn. She's a very wonderfully mannered, shy girl with short hair. Brown fur, white belly. She's super cute!

Toby was scared out of his mind the whole trip to Petco where Autumn was up for adoption. He spent the entire time at Petco being cooped up inside a litter box and refusing to leave. There was a lot of commotion and my poor Toby has never heard so much noise before in his life. He was terrified and I was beside myself. I just wanted to scoop him up and take him home. Autumn got mad that Toby was sitting in HER litter box (she decided both litter boxes were hers) and she snapped at him twice. Toby was so scared he didn't even fight back. He tried to run away but you could tell that he was too scared to move out of the way. It's *very* unusual for Toby to be too scared to defend himself. Autumn backed off a few times and laid nearby him. She just kinda sprawled out, pretty relaxed. Toby was frozen solid in his spot. It was heart breaking to watch.

So the date didn't go as bad as I thought it would. But it certainly didn't go "well". I'm in knots about this but I think maybe it isn't a good match. Toby was so frightened by the whole thing that he hid in a corner that he hasn't hidden himself in for years, the entire rest of the afternoon. He wasn't back to his old self till late last night. My poor baby :( :( :(

I think I'm gonna back off of the 4th bunny thing for a while. I know Toby is lonely sometimes but I don't know if he is looking for rabbit companionship. He always was more of a people-bunny. And I am his person. :hearts

Poor Toby. Hope he's back tohis normal self soon. Do you think you can bring Autumn home for a play date instead of taking him there? I'm sure the trip itself was already traumatizing for him and like you said all the noise at Petco afterwards. Perhaps he'll do better on a date in his own environment.

Then again if you think he's ok being independent, why cause disruption in his "land." :biggrin2:He sounds very much like Baci who is also a people bunny. Their are times when Baci checks out the girls thru the playpen and then I'm looking thru Petfinder for a friend. But as long as we play with him when he demands attention, I think he's fine being a bachelor.

Does hubby know you'reToby's :hearts? :p

I agree that maybe it's better to get a date for Toby at his own place, and that the trip as well as the noise and a strange place make bunnies feel awkward. Whenever I tried to make MILU socialize with other pets in strange places, it didn't go well and he got scared. I never had the chance to bring a bunny-friend to him here though. I hope everything is ok, Toby must be happy with all the love he gets from you :)

Unfortunately dating at home is the worst possible thing you can do with Toby. He would be very territorial. Ihave some other ideas but will wait a while before pursuing a bun again. This Saturday is annual check up day for bunbuns... so I'm sure Toby will be upset again. Maybe a few weeks later.

You're taking all 3 buns? Good luck! Are you going to Dr. Gil? Took the girls to him last week. I really like that man. He's so patient and has a way with the girls to calm them down especially the"wild" one Cappy.:biggrin2:

hln917 wrote:
You're taking all 3 buns?  Good luck! Are you going to Dr. Gil?  Took the girls to him last week.  I really like that man.  He's so patient and has a way with the girls to calm them down especially the "wild" one Cappy. :biggrin2:
Yep, all 3 to Dr. Stanzione! He's so much more affordable that we're willing to make the trip out there. We're going early morning so the traffic should not be bad at all. I like him better than my first vet as well. He seems to really get it and he never rushes you out of the office or anything.

Latest posts

Back