Kindling

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I don't know if the previous owner got the dates wrong or not. She said they were exposed together Aug. 26th. But...I woke up this morning and she was very jumpy and skiddish. I put her nest box back in and she started digging in it! YEAH!! :party0002::bunnydance::pray:

mistyjr wrote:
Hmm, maybe the last owner didnt know or write it down right..

Good Luck! :)

Maybe, it was an unintentional breed...so maybe she just got the dates wrong. Also, she is pulling fur like crazy! :) I can't wait!! I will post pictures when she kindles. Also, approximately how long does the whole kindling process take? She should have between 4 and 5, if that helps. Thanks everyone, for all your help!

Rachel

ohh, wow! she' pulling fur.. That's good. :)

With my last litter, I checked on her at Noon and she was pulling fur and checked on her again at 3:00pm and their was babies in there already..

mistyjr wrote:
ohh, wow! she' pulling fur.. That's good. :)

With my last litter, I checked on her at Noon and she was pulling fur and checked on her again at 3:00pm and their was babies in there already..

Still no babies...I think she is making me wait on purpose! LOL She knows it is driving me crazy! TONS more fur in her nest though. :) She is breathing really heavy too! How long is too long, to start worrying about moms and babies health? I know it probally isn't a concern, but I want to make sure :)

Rachel

Just leave her Rachel she has done it before she knews what to do :). you are best just to leave her be give her an hour or so and go back and check. try not to check to often lol I know its hard!!
they will be here before you know it :)

polly wrote:
Just leave her Rachel she has done it before she knews what to do :). you are best just to leave her be give her an hour or so and go back and check. try not to check to often lol I know its hard!!
they will be here before you know it :)

Thanks! Luckily, she is still in sight of me, but several yards away. So she has her peace and quite but I can still glance at her every once in awhile. :) I am so impatient. ;) It is her 2nd litter, but my first...so I am defiantely more nervous than she is :D Come on....babies :pray:

Rachel

Here we have come to another day, and still no babies. :( I can still seethe babies move, so I am not too worried, just anxious, nervous, and wondering if this is normal. She is no longer digging or pulling fur, and still hasn't eaten. Although she has been eating a little bit of hay and tons more water than normal. Day 37

Any advice?
Rachel

Just keep waiting. Where the pair exposed on the 26th or the 1st? They'll have to come out sometime and they're still kicking so they be out soon.

One of my does pulls fur the night before but may not kindle until late afternoon.

I go nuts whenever I'm waiting for babies. I refuse to leave the house and I sleep in the basement with the doe harhar

Sounds like they will be coming any time now! As long as you can feel them kicking then you will have them sooner or later. Maybe it's just a REALLY big litter. I had a doe that went 4 or 5 days over her due date and she popped out 7 kits.

Here we come to day 38, a week over due, and still no babies. :( I am very frustrated and starting to worry ALOT I can still see at least one of them move inside her. However, she is now back to eating normal and scarfs it as soon as I put it in. Although she has not gone to the bathroom in her nestbox, she kept trying to play with it so I had to tie it down. She doesn't look stressed at all. In, fact, she looks the total opposite, normal as can be. The last 2 days before this you could tell it was going to be any second because of the way she was acting, but now she is acting as if she isn't even expecting. :( So since all of this I have been wondering if there is problems. She won't even sit in her nestbox now.

Thank you for everyones advice

Rachel

CalifornianKit wrote:
Sounds like they will be coming any time now! As long as you can feel them kicking then you will have them sooner or later. Maybe it's just a REALLY big litter. I had a doe that went 4 or 5 days over her due date and she popped out 7 kits.

I really do think she is going to be pregnant FOREVER! LOL

Rachel

Someone told me to give her two tums, so I cut up 2 tums and put it in her dish. Hopefully that works. Does anyone know how long it will take to work?

Rachel

It's just a matter of the waiting game. It's good that she is avoiding the box. When a doe is pregnant, she leaves her nest alone until she kindles. If she were playing in it or pottying in it it'd be a bad sign.

Don't give up, has she gone this long before? It is very possible that the breeder messed up the dates and it's only 30 or 31 days. She will have them eventually. Large litters can take longer to develop. Her body knows when it's time. Just like in humans, they can for several weeks overdue but go into labor eventually.

If the babies are still moving (some are more active than others) than it's a good sign. Only when the entire litter stops moving and they feel like they are deteriorating inside her is it a problem.

Yes, if someone let an accidental breeding occur, then you can trust her to know the dates.

Babies are still moving great in there, so as long as this is continuing I am not going to stress on it. I think since this is my first litter (her second), that is probally why I am worried. I think the lady must have got the dates wrong. There is no other way.

Does tums really work though?

Rachel

Back