Kid with issues!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, don't try to add a lot of commercialrabbit stuff into his diet because probably more then half of it does aton more harm and no good. I'd stick with the hay and grass and water.What's he doing now?

i am going to use pellets when he gets older
for now i am feeding him milk and water in an eyedropper and he has those little yougurt treats (1) and a bit of grass
i am going to buy some hey eventually and then will buy some rabbit food also

is it good to feed adult rabbits milk also? i love hand feeding him!Lol but he will eat pellets and gras and hay when he is older dontworry. and lettuce and some fruit!
for a live video feed go on yahoo messenger and IM me at [email protected]

Actually if your planning on keeping him and helives you could still syringe feeed him (just not milk). Getting "it"used to having being syringe feed is good incase it ever goes into GISatis or something where it isn't eating. Maybe once a week justsyringe feed it maybe some water or something to get it used to thesyringe and won't panic if there's a time when it needs to be done.

What kind of lettuce were you planning to use when it gets older? Thatice burg lettuce isn't good, it can give them diahrea and has littlenutrients.

Ok romaine's good. You only probably need tofeed it milk for another week or so. Maybe buy a planter and some grassseed and grow your own grass so it can graze inside?

I don't think at this point it might have a chance of survival if itwere to get released because it might be getting too friendly. Were youplanning on releasing it later on, or from what your saying keeping it?

most likely keeping it
also do you think it will be okay with the diet mentioned above inabout 2 weeks? i am going to continue with syringe for maybe a week or2 and then have out some lettuce and rabbit food pellets. I can thencontinue to feed small amounts of milk with the pellets and slowlyphase out the milk until its dependent on the pellets and grass orwatever.:colors:

ok?

I'd wait for the vegetables after you've weanedthe baby off the milk. I'd maybe feed the baby some milk but decreaseit for the next week or so. You can feed it now some alfalfa/timothyhay, grass, water and syringe it a bit of milk then once you decreasethe milk maybe give him just a tiny amount of pellets. Once he's offthe milk maybe give him just a tiny bit of vegetables, I'd hold off thefruit unless you cut out the yogurt drops.

ok sounds good
when its older (one to two weeks) pellets are gonna be its main food

I wouldn't suggest having the pellets as mainfood. Pellets aren't really needed in a rabbits diet, just some addednutrients/ fiber. I wouldn't suggest having pellets as the main source.I'd have hay as the main source (a rabbit needs lots of fiber), thennext grass and greens (I'd stick with the grass, btu the vegetablesaren't very necassary, just think of them as more of a treat), and thenpellets. Too many pellets can lead to obesity and an unhealthy rabbit.

Hay is the MOST important thing you should feed a rabbit. Pellets should only be givin maybe 1/4 of a cup, not much.

ok
here is my diet plan

Daily
One or two Kaytee Healthy Bits rabbit treats.
One To Two Kaytee Rabbit Yogurt Treats
Limitless Hay and Pellets
and water of course
HEre are pics of the food i have so far
(no pellets yet) (or hay)
right now its doing good with milk

Sounds good. Just like I said, maybe make it oneof the treats one day then one traet the next? Just as a treat,rabbit's don't really need them, just something to add to their dietand make them happy :).

Too many treats can make a slim and healthy bunny fat VERY fast... takeit from me I have a bit of a "chubs" on my hands.. hehe. But how canyou say no when you have the power to give the treats and they'restaring at you with the pleading look... HOW? Hehe.. Oh man I'm introuble :?

So everythings going good?

going good
i will start weening of milk next thursday or so

Hmm. Those yogurt drops I haven't heard muchgood about. Maybe limit two a week actually? You can give her somefruit instead of the store bought treats. They are healthy, cheaper andrabbits tend to like them better :). Also watch some "treat" productsfor rabbits, half of them are worse then junk.

ok well then the healthy bits every day maybe cus theyre high in fiber and the yogurt 2 a week or so

Latest posts

Back