Keeping an eye on 'the eye'

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They weren't able to flush the duct completley. She is still happy and her eye does look better than it did before but they said it may be a thing she has to live with the rest of her life. She may never have a 'normal' eye.

I will have to clean it with salt solution twice daily for life. They said there is a chance that an abscess could occur and will need to be removed, there is a chance that nothing will ever worsen or get better, and she will just have to live like this every day.

I didn't get to chat to the actual vet, my Mum did on the phone. When she goes in for her VHD jab in a week i will get to properly talk to the vet.

So i am a little upset that it isn't something they have been able to clear up, but at least its not awful. Its not affecting her health greatly, she may be a little uncomfortable but she is still happy. We also worked out that it is not infectious. This means that finally i know what is happening and that i can soon get her another friend to live with, hoepfully this will make her feel a little better.

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

Could they not give her some herbal eyes drops (ok, I know they are out there but cant remeber the name, somebody has got to know what I am on about?) to soothe the eye if she is going to be like that for the rest of her life? (my friend got them for her cat - £2 for a 3-4 month supply)

Glad she seems to be better though :)

How is Lottie's eye looking today?

I'd also maybe talk to the vet about any remedies that may help her to be more comfortable since it's something that she may have to live with for the rest of her life. Either way, it does sound like she's happy and that's more important than anything.

More pics please :biggrin2:!

I'm seeing her Monday for her second jab so i will ask, although i think bathing with saline solution is pretty good for her (and cheap!) She doesn't really like it but it does help keep her eye clear.

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

Back