Kansas City, KS-holland lop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hes doing really good, putting on weight but still needs to gain a bit more. did another tooth and nail trim and hes very calm bou it all and tolerant. when hes out i try and get him used to having his mouth and feet touched.

still no luck with homes, but im being picky too as he doesnt deserve to be treated the same as he was prior.

after we move i am having him nuetered, the humpin the dog and cat thing will hopefully stop :) and the cat wont spend the whole day running from him lol

still not eating hay or veggies, will eat strawberrys and bananas sooometimes. but not everytime hes offered any

and then the sore on his foot started getting worse again so started more meds and antibiotics to hopefully kick it for good and avoid infection to the bone.

rabbits can't breed after 2 years. All my rabbits are in seprete cages so there wouldn't be accidental breeding. I wouldn't be able to drive up to get him my parents won't drive that far

bunnychild wrote:
rabbits can't breed after 2 years. All my rabbits are in seprete cages so there wouldn't be accidental breeding. I wouldn't be able to drive up to get him my parents won't drive that far
I've heard of bucks breeding as old as 6 from some folks.

Aw Brenda I wish I could take him but I'm a whole 'nother country away. :(

Simon is such a sweetie I hope you find him a great home and bless you for taking him in. ^_^

Ashleighh wrote:
Aw Brenda I wish I could take him but I'm a whole 'nother country away. :(

Simon is such a sweetie I hope you find him a great home and bless you for taking him in. ^_^
aww what bout fedex?? lol thanks...hes slowly intergrating as a permanent resident but still working on fiance he doesnt like the rabbit lol...then again he doesnt like the cat either and sometimes not the dog <.< -.-

That is so sweet that you are taking care of him. I hope someone can give him a good home, even if it is your fiance that gives in ;)

How is your baby coming along?

MiniLopHop wrote:
How is your baby coming along?

Babys doing good..turned 4 weeks yesterday. she is colicky though and weve been through three formulas, trying a new one now.

had surgery a week after she was born,a d&c. now i have an infection in my uterus...so its been pretty hellish and tiring trying to keep up wit a 3yo and a baby who cries more than she sleeps lol

Congratulations on the birth! I'm sorry it has been so rough after though. Hopefully you will find a good formula soon and get some sleep. :)

if this thread could be closed please.

the rabbit was out running around last week and had laid down in the kitchenzzza little bit later i walked by and he was seizuring. he went rigor and then gone. not sure why he died and i dont want to contemplate what killed him.

I am just glad he died not caged and inside. RIP Simon Bun.

Brenda, It makes me cry that you made this old rabbit so happy the last couple months after his miserable life.

He was very old and you had so much going on in your life but still took him in.

You are beyond awesome.

sas :hug1

Pipp wrote:
Brenda, It makes me cry that you made this old rabbit so happy the last couple months after his miserable life.

He was very old and you had so much going on in your life but still took him in.

You are beyond awesome.

sas :hug1

thanks it means a lot...its hard loosing any animal even as much as i tried not to get attached but he was a great rabbit and i wish i had the chance to know him more

the dining room seems so empty now..theres no noise or bells or the scratching. as annoying as the scratching was i miss it ):

probably my last rabbit if hubby gets his way.

Oh no! So sorry to hear this, I had been following the thread and just sort of waiting for the right home to come along. Poor little guy... At least you gave him a good life near the end and he knew what it was like to be a loved bun rather then a forgotten pet in a feces covered dog kennel. What you did for that bunny was a great thing.

R.I.P Simon

bunnychild wrote:

rabbits can't breed after 2 years.
Buttercup, one of my rescues, was the result of breeding a 2 year old doe to a 9 year old buck, so they can definitely still breed after 2 years old. And repeatedly as well as that pair produced three litters back to back :X. Buttercup came from the last. She was lucky they decided to keep her as they gave away the others at 3 weeks old... Although lucky may not be the right word, as their care for her definitely left a lot to be desired.

Latest posts

Back