Kansas City, KS-holland lop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he is still looking for a home, i cant keep him sadly

Update--

He is on antibiotics for a slight URI and the vet said he will most likely need clippings all his life on his top two teeth, but she did not think it was due to breeding. Bad diet and lack of anything to chew on on top of possibly pulling on the cage. Vet injected some fluid in his shoulder too because she said he was still pretty dehydrated.

He is up to drinking two bottles or water a day and a cup of food give or take, hay he is still picky about but i am picking up some brome today so well see if he likes that more than the timothy

He spends most of his time in the hallway bathroom sleeping on the tile, but if he sees anyone walk by he insists on chasing after them just to see what their doing then goes back to his bathroom.

He is not caged as long as I am here, which is most of the time atm. When caged, he does dig at the bottom of his cage A LOT and I put an old hand towell down for him and he lays that out and lies on it.

He shows little to no interest in toilet paper rolls, cardboard boxes, and still no interest in craisons. He just likes sleeping alll day. Must be the age.

Litter box habits are great. I leave the litter box in the cage and he goes back to his cage to pee and poop mostly, but I still find pellets here and there in the bathroom and the hallway.

He does try humping the cat...and stuffed animals. But a nueter would take care of that.

He is GREAT with my daughter. He chases her back and forth down the hall and she cuddles on him and he is very very tolerable and a very submissive rabbit that flattens out whenever you walk by him

Rashel wrote:
He sounds like a great little guy :) I'm impressed, seeing the conditions he came out of.

hes very sweet and loving, just goes to show how forgiving animals can be

If you are interested and prepared for the possible costs to regain his health, I am sure we could figure out some way to get him to you. I am due in 4 weeks so I can not go an hour away from my hospital, so I am not capable of a long drive right now

Recap of health issues: he's on antibiotics for a slight URI, needs his teeth trimmed regularly, is still underweight and dehydrated, and has some urine scald on his legs.

Anything else that I'm missing?

that's about it.
He does also have some scabs on his cheeks but I, nor vet, can guess what their from...I have been watching them and their not getting worse so I am just going to see how they heal. But no fleas or mites

Oh, Brenda, if I were closer I would snap that sweet boy up in a heartbeat! He looks like my Rory and sounds like such a darling bunny. We did get Skyler from a forum member and fly him from Pennsylvania to Alaska by himself 3 years ago (don't think you were here yet) but he was healthy and only 4 or 5 months old, not an old man bunny with health issues. I so wish we could have him though! Please give him kisses from Auntie Shiloh.

ive been around for awhile...since 08' but just active enough for ppl to really know me i guess.

i am hoping he can find a home soon that will love and appreciate him. i am due to have my baby in 3 weeks and then moving in 6 weeks, so itll be a rough next couple months around home.

he is going in for a nueter within the next couple weeks, the vet and i need to discuss first the health concerns behind nuetering at this age. but i think it would make my cat happy..poor guy isnt fond of the attention from the rabbit :)

Brenda, I looked at your join date and we flew Skyler here in April of 2008 so it was before you arrived :) What are you going to do if he hasn't found a home when you have the baby and move? I so wish I could take the little dude. Does he have a name? He deserves a special name.

he's staying with us until i find a good home, he just wont get to be out all day after the babys born. we are moving into a 3br though so he will go downstairs into the third bedroom until everyone is settled and we get settled in, and then well figure out something else.

were on edge about nuetering him still, though.

and name wise...i cant name him because then ill get attached. he is just bunny for now...we decided if we name him though it would be Simon

Aww I love Simon :) He's such a cutie. You're an angel for taking him in, especially with the upcoming changes in your life! Wish I could help.

I got all teary-eyed reading this and then saw the pictures and got so mad. :grumpy:poor sweet boy. I am so glad he is out of there. I really hope you are able to find him a great home. He sure deserves it.

Personally, I would wait a little bit for the neuter. I'd give him a bit of time to adjust to having changed home and all so he doesn't get too stressed. Hopefully, there aren't any underlying issues that can cause a problem as well. On the other hand, if you are due so soon, maybe it is best that you do it now. Then again, perhaps you'd be able to find him a great home that could keep him as he is now since he is good about his litter habits and all. I wonder at this age if it is really worth the risk? Not sure though... That's tricky.

Thank you Shiloh it's appreciated :)

Nela: I am more worried about his age and anthesia (sp?) than his adjustment. He bunny flops, sleeps as we walk by him, follows us like a dog. I have no doubt that he has to personality to easily adjust from situaton to situation.
underlying issues should all be found with blood work and a good check up.
i am dilated so i could go anyday now and so his nueter is put off currently until things settle down. i am not sure at his age that it is safe. HRS doesnt recomend it in later years...and the affection toward the cat isnt so horrible i would risk his life if it was at all possible that he could die from the surgery.

so ya..lots of indecision. atm, we have decided he will stay in the spare bedroom after the move, free roaming as much as possible, to avoid issues with my daughters allergies. so until he has a home he will be spoiled to my best abilities.

Bump

bunnychild- nuetering would help with the humping/spraying/potty training. he doesnt need to be bred "accidently" or purposely...so he would need to be nuetered. he is 8ish years old

Latest posts

Back