Hay information.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyMom2

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if this brand of hay is a good quality hay for my bunnies?

Standlee Premium Western Forage Premium Timothy Grab and Go Compressed Hay Bale​

That depends. The only way to know is to try it. They have reviews that show people that used to love it for its freshness are now saying quality has gone way down and it is dry and dusty. So it depends on how fresh it is.

I prefer to get hay locally. That way I can visually inspect it before buying it. Search local "feed stores" in your area and then visit said stores. I'd buy a bale of timothy or bermuda. Check that it is more green and not moldy.

Attachments

• 100_9326.JPG
    100_9326.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
That depends. The only way to know is to try it. They have reviews that show people that used to love it for its freshness are now saying quality has gone way down and it is dry and dusty. So it depends on how fresh it is.

I prefer to get hay locally. That way I can visually inspect it before buying it. Search local "feed stores" in your area and then visit said stores. I'd buy a bale of timothy or bermuda. Check that it is more green and not moldy.
Thanks for that information

We purchased the compressed bale of Standlee from a nearby Farm & Fleet store.

Our crew didn't like it. Smell, texture, all thumbs down.

We try to find locally grown hay also. We also order quality hay from Rabbit Hole Hay (shipped through chewy dot com) and intermingle with local hay bales. Less desirable hay strands and some chaff is used to cover the wood pellets in their litter boxes.

I want to be ensure our crew is eating decent hay to prevent any GI maladies.

Thank you so much this is a really helpful information.😊

We purchased the compressed bale of Standlee from a nearby Farm & Fleet store.

Our crew didn't like it. Smell, texture, all thumbs down.

We try to find locally grown hay also. We also order quality hay from Rabbit Hole Hay (shipped through chewy dot com) and intermingle with local hay bales. Less desirable hay strands and some chaff is used to cover the wood pellets in their litter boxes.

I want to be ensure our crew is eating decent hay to prevent any GI maladies.
Thank you for your personal experience information.😊

Latest posts

Back