Jazz just had babies *URGENT ADVICE NEEDED*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how crazy and great at the same time, and how awesome if it was a baby BK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulaions grandma

so sorry for the loss of the other little ones, but am happy that one has survived.

I will find the time in the next couple of hours to upload the photos, just getting family breakfast and walk out of the way.

Little Kit just had 4th feed and looking happy and satisfied.

I actually held Jazz over the nest and am trying all I can to help her rebond with her nest and baby.

She is desperately trying to search for her lost experience and its so terribly sad to see that we are now letting her into the nest when Kit is not in there. We held Kit close to her and she smelt baby without any aggression or fear.

I seriously doubt she would try kill it but her inexperience and terrifying ordeal might be enough to hurt Kit.

Another decent update and photos coming soon to an RO near you.

Well I decided that I need a break and the family have gone on the walk without me for once. I was dressed and ready to go and something just let me know that I am tired. I want to spend a few minutes on RO and then do the housework in peace and maybe a cuppa too.

Unfortuately the camera has gone on the walk too so still no more pics which is really frustrating for me because I REALLY want to show baby off!!! lol

Now thats not to say that I don't have a couple of newish ones hidden up my sleeve! hehe;)

Here is one of Kits 2nd feed yesterday, crawling into the crook of my arm for a snoozy warm patch....isn't he adorable!:biggrin2:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z208/lemonaxis/babies062.jpg

Kit is vigorous and lively, making rustling sounds from his nest when his big sleeps are over and he's looking for a feed. He snuggles right next to the hottie and Jazz I believe is aware now that not all is lost. She seem sless agitated this morning although she is constantly looking for her nest. She has access to her original nest and there is little snacks in there. The other half of her nest is in a shoe box where Kit is sleeping right now.

He still has his cord attached and I am concerned about getting his digestive system flowing if I need to at this stage. Kit is 30hours old.

Here is Kits 3rd feed.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z208/lemonaxis/babies050.jpg

By the way the wound is sealed closed and is looking so good.

Poor little Kit has almost paper thin skin. Have to be super careful of Jazzy's nails. She is still nervous and confused about the whole thing and is not a cuddly rabbit so to console her we give her nose rubs and treats and plenty of quiet space.

Pretty cute:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z208/lemonaxis/babies055.jpg

My home:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z208/lemonaxis/babies063.jpg

Oh, good...glad to hear things are improving...one step at a time...:)

Can't wait to see pictures! :D

Edited to add: Aww...CUTE!! (to the pictures)

[align=center]Oh yeah I almost forgot, bad bunny Mum me!!!
[/align]

[align=center]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CONGRATULATIONS JAZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/align]

[align=center]
[/align]

[align=center]:biggrin2::pinkbouce::highfive::pinkelepht::hug::pink iris::inlove::wave::sunshine::shock2::great::balloons::wink:hearts:mrsthumper::balloons::magicwand::yes::jumpforjoy::blueribbon:[/align]

[align=center]:stork::bouquet::party::energizerbunny::groupparty::thanks::innocent:bestwishes::woohoo:hug1:goodjob:bunnyheart:bunnyhug::party0002::heartbeat::trio:adorable::pet:
[/align]

NOPE SORRY! That does not include shipping!
Visitng hours are NZ daylight please.

Do not come without bearing gift. We will happily open the door for you as we understand the size of your gift may impede a comfortable and grand entrance!

Baby rabbits like sports cars, new wardrobes (please ask about sizing first to avoid dissappointment), holidays to exotic locations and permanent rostered on housekeepers ( we like the Mary poppins sort).

LOL

I'd totally be a Mary Poppins to that cutie! :biggrin2:And lemon I love the print of the clothes you're wearing in the pictures with the baby! Very stylish and pretty :)

Such a cute baby!! Did you figure out yet how to help him potty? I'm worried that he'll become septic if too much time passes... I think you just need to gently massage his bottom with a warm damp cotton ball for a little bit so he'll go potty. I'm sure there is info about it online.

Baby's bladder is working, in the next very short while, I am going to give his tummy a rub. I wonder?
There are tiny black specks on my hands when I have finished handling him. Is that an indication he has "gone potty", cute phrase.

This is the first kitten I have ever seen or held so its all a very steep learning curve. At his last feed, Jazz acted aggressively toward him; with swift intervention, no harm was done.

I realise that this dream like happiness with new kit may be short lived and I have been firmly reminded that there is still a high chance baby will pass away.

I am preparing myself for this and I think I have got to the point where I can accept it.
Jazz is being playful again, dashing happily up and down the kitchen and tossing her dinner bowl for more food.

These are wonderful signs to see that mentally and emotionally she may be recovering.

Baby is growing a little bit and is feeding for a few minutes then basically falling asleep.
Even the kids are not particularly attached to the baby ad once feeds are over, we put baby away to sleep and just get on with the day. I check on him a lot but otherwise, we can only hope for the best outcome, even if it means baby does not live.

Anyway, its still a lovely thing to help this little guy. He is sooooooo cute and has such a spunky personality.
He has no table manners and even ends up with a milky chin after feeds!

hehe, babies are so funny.

Latest posts

Back